• ShovelyBubblyGobblyGook

Assistance Settling A Character Debate (sorta)

Hey all! so I just needed some quick yes or no answers on something.

Well we all know characters do autographs & stuff right? (even though I've heard they don't like doing it =\) well my friend really wants a character to sign his arm so he can get it tattooed but I keep telling him they are only allowed to sign autograph books & stuff.

Am I right or not? I'm pretty sure I am 0_o and yes, I have told him that he could get it on paper & the tattoo artist will be able to transfer it but he's stubborn & says its not the same (which I can understand)

as to why he wants the autograph, idk. please dont ask or (badly) comment on that fact. Negativity isnt pretty. Nobody on here likes it when things go all icky & angry righ? (unless you're name is Troll-y McUnderbridgepants >=|)

just help me get through to him! D;

thanks all in advance

• Characters are my friends

Re: Assistance Settling A Character Debate (sorta)

Characters are not allowed to sign body parts (outside of casts). So I would have to say they won't do that.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

It's a liability issue. Disney could get in trouble if something happens.

• Comets? Comets!

Plus it'd probably be sloppier than an actual signature on paper. Depending on what gloves you're wearing, it's difficult enough as it is.

• Minion

Blog Entries

When a person gets a tattoo, they artist can either freehand or they can take a picture and make a stencil.

Have the character sign on paper. Do it a few times and use the best of the samples. Take the best one to the artist of your choice and they will be able to put it on their arm.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    Characters are not allowed to sign body parts (outside of casts). So I would have to say they won't do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    It's a liability issue. Disney could get in trouble if something happens.
    Dan is probably on the right track. Disney is such a target to lawsuit happy people because they think Disney has buckets of money just sitting around to hand out. I'm actually surprised that Disney allows characters to sign anything other than their "official" autograph books.

So with that said, since you asked for a simple yes or no, I would say NO your friend will have to settle for a stencil like kristledm mentioned.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• I'm not really here

If the tattoo artist is worth their salt, they'll be able to freehand or stencil it from a paper autograph.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter