Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zorro dark-ride

• HauntedOne999

Zorro dark-ride

With alot of talk of California Myths, Legends and Heros... what about creating a Zorro dark ride?

it would be perfect for DCA as it is set in Spanish Colonial California and is of a Disney portrayed character (Zorro was produced by Disney from 1957 - 1959)

granted alot of people dont want to have a character tie-in for attractions but the attraction would be like POTC. and they could use the dueling AA technology from DLP's version of POTC.

(WHY DONT WE HAVE THESE IN OUR POTC?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!)

this type of attraction could either be put into Hollywood backlot as a movie ride thru the tv series... or even set up in a new section of the park and be themed to the legend of Zorro.

If done with the top rail omnimover system that they had for Horizons... it could probably fit as a 2 level attraction in the old Millionaire studio
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• Minion

Re: Zorro dark-ride

I like the idea. But instead of having it on a horizons system. Why not haver it on a boat system?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I highly approve of this idea, Alpoe. Hits all the right bases for me....has potential for good atmosphere and interesting environments, action, an established Disney character that makes sense for the proposed environment and they could do things with, and relevance and something to say about actual California history. If done properly, this could be awesome, and something I'd love to get to ride through and see. Excellent concept.

• HauntedOne999

Quote Originally Posted by Dlandclub33 View Post
    I like the idea. But instead of having it on a horizons system. Why not haver it on a boat system?
    a boat system wouldnt work with a spanish colonial era california timeline as all the scenes would be inland

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Good idea but with one slight problem...

Disney used to have the rights to Zorro, but apparently the Zorro franchise is now owned by Universal. Here is a picture taken just a couple of months ago at Universal Studios Hollywood.

• HauntedOne999

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Good idea but with one slight problem...

Disney used to have the rights to Zorro, but apparently the Zorro franchise is now owned by Universal. Here is a picture taken just a couple of months ago at Universal Studios Hollywood.
    They only own the rights to the Banderas/Zeta version... not the Disney TV series

• HauntedOne999

Plot summary of TV series
    For most of its brief run, Zorro's episodes were part of continuing story arcs, each about thirteen episodes long. The first of these chronicles the arrival of Zorro / Diego and his battle of wits with the greedy and cruel local Commandante, Captain Monastario. After Monastario's final defeat, in the second storyline, Zorro must uncover and counter the machinations of the evil Magistrado Galindo, who is part of a plot to rule California. The third story arc concerns the leader of that conspiracy, the shadowy figure of the Eagle, revealed as vain and insecure Josť Sebastian Varga. Season one concludes with Varga's death.
    Season two opens with Diego in Monterey, the colonial capital, where privately collected money to bring a supply ship to California is consistently diverted to a gang of bandits. Diego stays to investigate, both as himself and as Zorro, and becomes interested in Ana Maria Verdugo, the daughter of the man organizing the effort. Once Zorro defeats the thieves, he enters into a rivalry with his old friend Ricardo del Amo, a practical joker who is also interested in Ana Maria. Ana Maria in turn is in love with Zorro. While in Monterey, Zorro and Sergeant Garcia also get involved in a dispute between the peons and a repressive Lieutenant Governor. Diego is on the verge of giving up his mask to marry Ana Maria, but Don Alejandro talks him out of it. Zorro (and Diego) says goodbye to Ana Maria and returns to Los Angeles, where he gets involved in a series of shorter adventures. In one three episode story arc, guest starring Annette Funicello, Zorro must solve the mystery of Anita Campillo's father, a man who does not seem to exist. Other storylines late in the series involve Diego's ne'er-do-well uncle (Cesar Romero), a plot against the governor of California, an encounter with an American "mountain man" (Jeff York, reprising a role from The Saga of Andy Burnett), and outwitting a greedy emissary from Spain.
    there is alot to work with from the full plot so an amazing attraction could be put together.

also to really tie it with Disney the post-show would have to be a museum to the TV series - costumes, props, scripts...or whatever else the archives still has, for this reason they would have to put the attraction in the Hollywood backlot area.

This has me thinking. For California Adventures why didn't they make a spanish colonial land? I'm not sure what the land could be called but imagine a small village. Again I don't know how you could easily tie this in with Disney but they could have figured something out. It would have worked perfectly with the California theme.

• HauntedOne999

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosVi7 View Post
    This has me thinking. For California Adventures why didn't they make a spanish colonial land? I'm not sure what the land could be called but imagine a small village. Again I don't know how you could easily tie this in with Disney but they could have figured something out. It would have worked perfectly with the California theme.
    that really would be nice... even if it was just a small square with a Mission. The Mission could serve as the entrance to the attraction... just like how the Bateau is the entrance to POTC at the Magic Kingdom.

I will have to draw soething up and scan it in... definatly a neat idea to work out.

• Collision speed....FULL!

I really like this idea. As for a Spanish Mission area, they have the theme briefly featured in the Mission Tortilla Factory, but I'd like to see a larger area carry the motif (with this ride). Who says it has to be based on a current movie? Maybe the ride is a chance to get youngins' interested in the Zorro series (re-release?), instead of the other way around.

• Inhospitable about happy

Would that be a Z-ticket attraction?

• Collision speed....FULL!

I think it would work best if it was in the Millionaire building, but with the entrance being an offshoot from the Buena Vista street, to kind of tie-in to the California theme, not so much the Hollywood/TV theme (though that could work to. Could be made into a whole little "mini-land"

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

That's a really good layout image, Nautilus, and that would allow for a detailed entry area as well, maybe a Spanish mission, or a period manor house you go in, walk through, and exit into the "night" and outside to board vehicles, a la Pirates of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    I think it would work best if it was in the Millionaire building, but with the entrance being an offshoot from the Buena Vista street, to kind of tie-in to the California theme, not so much the Hollywood/TV theme (though that could work to. Could be made into a whole little "mini-land"

Great idea. I think it would work great at that location.

• Fortuosity!

I would love to see a Maelstrom style boat/dark ride given to Zorro, but obviously longer that Maelstrom. It certainly has all the key ingredients of a good ride in it including music as Disney's theme song could easily be arranged in several different ways to set the mood for a particular theme. Plus it fits the park's theme too (it's a Disney adventure based on California history).

As much as Nautilus' suggested location could work, I think it would fit better next to Carsland if there's space. A separate land could blend into/with the desert feel and a small Spanish colonial village location could be made to support the attraction's immediate area. Besides, I'd rather use the Millionaire building for Dick Tracy but that's my ideal version of the park.
    I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast