Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Mouse at work

Dlr/dca important questions

Since I am going to be in LA for at least one month, I am going to be going to DLR as many times as possible! I have been there only 3 times my whole life, so I was wondering, what really cool things there are to do?
    "Ian, in life, whatever you do, DO NOT give up your dreams and goals of the past, present, and future and only then will you be successful!" - Walter Elias Disney

• Comets? Comets!

Re: Dlr/dca important questions

Buy a Dole Whip.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

I would go out and buy the 2009 version of the Unofficial Guide to Disneyland, great book, and a lot to read prior to your trip, lots of tips, suggestions, and a honest description of all the attractions.

Different folks prefer different things, so this way you can find your own favorites.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Second the recommendation for the Unofficial Guide. Great read.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• MargyDisneylandLover

Cool Re: Dlr/dca important questions

Quote Originally Posted by SolCross View Post
    Buy a Dole Whip.

I have to agree on this one!! also a churro lol make sure you ride tower of terror and california screaming and if you are ever in the parks alone or someone in your party doesnt want to do thrill rides check out the single rider lines i.e. splash mountain and california screaming

also have a morning meal at the carnation cafe and see chef oscar been there since day one with disneyland and is awesome to talk to!!
    My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
    Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
    "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    ~* Uncle Walt *~
    2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014

Be sure to check out toy story mania, tower of terror, and space mountain. I recommend them.
    Which month are you going? Trust me, it matters when you go too.

Oh how I love smiles!

• Sha-lalalalala my oh my

You have only been to Disneyland 3 times in your life... What a crime! lol

Make sure you experience everything...the DLR is such a great place. You have to be sure to go on all the rides and attractions in DL and DCA and ride some of them mutiple times lol

HAVE FUN!!!

• Mouse at work

I am going to be going multiple times since I am going to be in LA for at least a month first. Anyone want to go?
    "Ian, in life, whatever you do, DO NOT give up your dreams and goals of the past, present, and future and only then will you be successful!" - Walter Elias Disney

• Future Imagineer! =D

ooooh I'll join ya! lol. If only my parents would let me.
    Depending on when you go to DL theres lots to do! If you go while they are having all the halloween festivities then I recommed buying a ticket into the Mickey's Halloween Party in DCA. Lots of fun!
    You have to ride all the rides! Ride them during the day then ride ones such as Tower of Terror in the night! I've always enjoyed riding Matterhorn during the night too! You have to scream your head off on rides such as Space Mountain. Talk to cast members and enjoy yourself! Buy plenty and plenty of guide books. There really fun to read over and you should always plan ahead. I think planning is fun. You should visit threads that talk all about Disneyland Secrets and you can be the tourist who knows their Disney! =D Those threads have lots of cool, little bits of information, such as- while in line for Indiana Jones you can pull a rope that says "Do not Pull" and the ceiling comes down an inch and you hear thunder! Very awesome. The rope wasn't working a few days ago when I went though...Oh, and ride in the front of the monorail! And ask for a "death certificate" on Haunted Mansion and see if you can ride in the front of the train at Disneyland. Eat at Goofy's Kitchen and Carnation Cafe. omg omg. there is so much to do! That's not even all of it! You must buy a guide book! lol. I'm excited for you! Have lots of fun during your trip! =D
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Keep Moving Forward

If you have the time for it, slow down and simply enjoy the atmosphere of the park. This is something I've come to appreciate being a cast member. When I'm working, I'm forced to stay in one spot rather than run from ride to ride, and hence take in the beautiful detail of the area I'm in.
    Interested in visions fantastic of Disneyland?
    Check out my albums on Flickr by clicking here!

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

First things first, get an Annual Passport. Depending on exactly when you get here you might be just fine with a Deluxe or lower, but the Premium gets you the parking included and better discounts. Just the parking adds up FAST.

Second, don't forget to check here for MiceChat meets, including the standing Sunday Noon meet every week. (I need to start making it there more often myself - starting with tomorrow.) Then you aren't wandering around alone.

And as a bonus, you can plan to get back here for a few days at least one more time before the AP expires. Airfares are cheap if you do it in advance and can be flexible on your dates, and rooms within walking distance of the park (or a quick Anaheim Resort Transit trolley-bus ride away) are cheap during the 'off season' in the Fall and Spring.

Search through MiceChat for the threads with all the "Secret" and "Hidden" things. Take a Tender ride on the DL Railroad, and a Nosecone ride on the Monorail.

Make it a point to sit and enjoy all the 'Atmosphere Talent' bands and performers. Hang out in the Golden Horseshoe enough that all the Billies learn your name. Meet Farley, and the Miner 49'ers...

You could spend a week just catching all the little Streetmosphere shows. Go watch Merlin pick a child out of the crowd and pull the Sword from the Stone. Meet PUSH the trash can. See if the Saxophone Quartet is going to be out - it's a breakdown group from the Disneyland Band that does shows in the morning. Follow the Laughing Stock Co. skits in front of the Horseshoe.

Go to Flag Retreat at Town Square in the afternoon, usually around 4:30 - 4:45ish, often with a live band and the Dapper Dans. The Security CM's do it properly, Ernie sees to it. If you don't tear up a bit...

Between DL and DCA and DTD the place is so darn deep in things to see and do, that if you fall in you may never come up for air again. And that is a good thing. If you get there twice a week, a month will fly by in no time.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Mouse at work

Good advice Bruce! And how old do you have to be to go to DLR alone? And does an AP get you in at BOTH parks? And what kind of discounts do they give? AND... is there anything else about an AP that you could please tell me? AND... How long does it take to get your AP?

• Sha-lalalalala my oh my

Quote Originally Posted by firebolt413 View Post
    Good advice Bruce! And how old do you have to be to go to DLR alone? And does an AP get you in at BOTH parks? And what kind of discounts do they give? AND... is there anything else about an AP that you could please tell me? AND... How long does it take to get your AP?
    How old do you have to be to go to DLR alone?
    You have to be at least 12 to enter the park alone.

Does an AP get you in at BOTH parks?
    Yep, an AP will get you into both parks.

What kind of discounts do they give?
    Depending on which pass you get the discounts vary. With my pass (the Southern California which is only available to SoCal Residents) I get discounts on food and merchandise in the park, and discounts at the hotels and DTD locations. The higher pass you get the more special offers and discounts you get.

How long does it take you to get an AP?
    You can purchase them online and then redeem it at the parks...or you can buy them at the ticket booths at the park. Either way you will have to redeem them at the park and go to Main Street to take your picture for your AP.

Anthing Else...?
    It is the best thing ever! lol

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lolo View Post
    What kind of discounts do they give?
    Depending on which pass you get the discounts vary. With my pass (the Southern California which is only available to SoCal Residents) I get discounts on food and merchandise in the park, and discounts at the hotels and DTD locations. The higher pass you get the more special offers and discounts you get.
    Note, MOST AP's do NOT get discounts on Merchandise in the Parks, just 10% off most food purchases.

ONLY the Premium AP Holders get a discount on merchandise (10%) at most Disney owned shops in the parks, and World of Disney in DtD.

Here is the full list of discounts for the Disneyland Resort....

Disneyland&reg Annual Pass | Disneyland&reg Annual Passport | Disneyland&reg Yearly Pass

Also, all Disneyland AP Holders get discounts at Anaheim GardenWalk

From Disneyland's AP page, but have to have a password to enter...

Take your pick of some great offers just for Annual Passholders at Anaheim GardenWalk! Simply show your valid Annual Passport* and enjoy special savings at these participating locations:

Shopping

Fresh Produce: 25% off total purchase
    Goodies USA: 10% off
    G-Stage: 10% off
    Harley-Davidson of Anaheim: 10% off
    LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics: Free bath comb or bubble bar with any purchase (through May 30, 2009)
    Lux/Aveda Salon & Spa: 10% off salon/spa services and pure privilege double points rewards on Aveda purchases
    Madison & Co. Fine Jewelers: 15% off
    OC Cellular Accessories: 30% off all phone accessories
    O'Neill: 10% off
    Rami Accessories: 15% off
    Retrospect: 10% off
    Runway 5: 15% off
    Tommy Bahama: Free gift with any purchase
    White House/Black Market: 10% off (cannot be combined with any promotional offer)

Dining

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.: 10% off (excludes alcohol and merchandise)
    California Pizza Kitchen: 20% off total bill (excludes alcohol, tax and gratuity)
    Cinnabon: 10% off
    Fuzziwig's Candy Factory: 10% off
    Johnny Rockets: 20% off total bill
    Marble Slab Creamery: 10% off
    McCormick & Schmicks: 10% off food (not applicable on previously discounted items)
    Mrs. Fields: 10% off
    Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory: 15% off store-made products; 10% off all other purchases
    San Sai Japanese Grill: 10% off
    Sertino's Coffee Café: 10% off entire bill

Entertainment

300 Anaheim: $5.00 games + complimentary shoe rentals (excludes Friday through Saturdays and holidays)
    CinemaFusion™ 14 Theatre: $2.00 off all evening admission (excludes special events)

For operating hours and directions, visit www.anaheimgardenwalk.com.
    Also, the Howard Johnson's on Harbor offers an 20% DLR AP discount.

Check the link for full details...

Welcome MiceChat Members
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Mouse at work

I am looking to get a premium AP. Good Idea?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast