Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• =)

Re: LOST Themed Attraction

Unfortunately, yes, a lot of viewers don't give the show a chance because they're impatient. It's doubly regrettable since seasons 1 through 4 are freely and legally available in such amazing quality on abc.com!

One of my top 3 shows of all time! But as an attraction, I'm not so sure. It would fit perfectly into Adventureland, but they don't have a square foot to spare. And there's simply no other place it could go, unless it was its own land.

There are so many great themes to follow, but it's become such a broad show, what season would the attraction/land be based on? The jungle/mystery of the Seasons 1-2, the Dharma of Seasons 3-4 or the Mythology of Seasons 5-6? I think it would be too hard to make it work, even though the themes are really timeless.

• =)

Indeed...perhaps it'd be best to do a whole LOST land! (This is in some theoretical, nonexistent theme park, mind you.) That'd allow the full breadth of the show's content to be explored, though I wouldn't sum up the season breakdown quite the way you did, Mojave. Anyway, the land itself would have to be made quite jungle-y...lots of real and fake trees and foliage, perhaps with some more open plains as well. It'd be nice to feature the beach and some of the really mountainous areas, too, but those would probably have to be done inside show buildings, using cyclorama backgrounds and so forth...it'd be hard to pull off convincingly.

Y'know, I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas for actual rides. The environments are compelling, but I don't know what could actually be done for an attraction. The DHARMA vans could be useful as ride vehicles, with the submarine and Flight815 itself being less likely candidates, but still possible. It's difficult to come up with something that doesn't feel contrived. The possibilities for walkthrough environments are endless, though, and perhaps more compelling.

• Minion

They don't ever seem to do rides of their TV shows. Of course, sometimes this is a good thing - no Miley's Tweentown or High School Musicaland - but I'd still like to ride the quick cars from Gummi Bears.

Maybe it's because of Gadget's Go Coaster - "Gadget who?" "Inspector Gadget?" No, Gadget Hackwrench from Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers! Of course, if the ride did more to represent her, maybe she would still be known today...

But I digress...maybe when they make a Lost movie, they might do something with it.
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    If you don't watch every episode of the show, you have no idea what it is about, so it lacks the broad appeal that has made shows like the original Twilight Zone a timeless classic. I highly doubt Lost will still be picking up new fans like Star Trek and The Twilight Zone still do over 40 years after they were originally aired.

I fully agree. I think once the series end, it'll die out over the course of a few years.

I'm really not that big of a fan of the show, though. Watched liked the first 5 episodes and I just couldn't get into it.

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

LOST is too adult (ie not whole of family friendly)for a Disney attraction. The first episode alone is terrifying enough with the plane crash to keep it out of the Park. Although it does score on the "something goes wrong" dot point that most Disney rides are based on.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I still think the old Discovery Island in WDW is a perfect place for a Lost experience, something like us being new recruits to the Dharma initiative, etc.

A great secluded location that's sitting rotting away that could have endless possibilities.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• I'm not really here

Why must new attractions rely on the popularity of some other entertainment franchise? Why on Earth is it impossible for the company to remember their own past? A past when they CREATED the next big thing, not copied it from some other division. Pirates, Haunted Mansion, small world, Space Mountain are all massive hits after 30 - 40 years because they are originals. WDI can still do this kind of work if they were given the faith and trust that they used to be and didn't have to bend to the heavy yoke of synergism and relevance.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    LOST is too adult (ie not whole of family friendly)for a Disney attraction. The first episode alone is terrifying enough with the plane crash to keep it out of the Park. Although it does score on the "something goes wrong" dot point that most Disney rides are based on.
    Well, the same is true of the Indiana Jones films, but that didn't stop Disney from creating a top-notch attraction based on them, and one that captures all the peril without alienating the majority of kids!

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Why must new attractions rely on the popularity of some other entertainment franchise? Why on Earth is it impossible for the company to remember their own past? A past when they CREATED the next big thing, not copied it from some other division. Pirates, Haunted Mansion, small world, Space Mountain are all massive hits after 30 - 40 years because they are originals. WDI can still do this kind of work if they were given the faith and trust that they used to be and didn't have to bend to the heavy yoke of synergism and relevance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Well, the same is true of the Indiana Jones films, but that didn't stop Disney from creating a top-notch attraction based on them, and one that captures all the peril without alienating the majority of kids!
    I agree with both of these statements. I, too, am getting a tad tired of seeing every single attraction needing to be based off of a movie or television show (save Soarin' Over California). However, I am also not 100% against it either. As Datameister noted above, "Indy" is a superb attraction based on a movie. (Although it could use some major TLC, but that's already being covered elsewhere.) If enough thought and passion are put into an attraction it shows. I truly wish Disney (the corporation) had more faith in what it was doing so they could take more risks without worrying so much about failure. (If you think something will go bad more than likely it will.)

Now to answer the OP's suggestion, I never have watched a single episode of Lost. It's not that the premise turned me off, it's only because I've never been home to see it when it airs on TV. (I tried watching stuff online before, but I have such a dinosaur of a computer that it didn't work very well. (Getting a new computer soon, though!))

With that said, I do think an attraction BASED on getting lost on a remote island could work. Do I think it would be best at The Disneyland Resort? Nope, but I do like the possibilities.

<Joe>

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    I never have watched a single episode of Lost. It's not that the premise turned me off, it's only because I've never been home to see it when it airs on TV. (I tried watching stuff online before, but I have such a dinosaur of a computer that it didn't work very well. (Getting a new computer soon, though!))
    Semi-off-topic, but you should definitely give it a try once you've got a reasonably fast computer and Internet connection...abc.com actually offers pretty amazing quality online, and the show itself is just awesome. You have to plug through some slower, less enjoyable parts of the show (e.g. the middle of season 2), but IMO, the show has just gotten better and better overall. The fifth season was the most recent, and I think it had the most consistently high quality of any of the seasons, though they all have considerable strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    though I wouldn't sum up the season breakdown quite the way you did, Mojave.
    I know. But it was the most general breakdown I could come up with without going season by season.

• Sock Puppet

New York (3,000 miles away from the magic)

Maybe they could put it as a restaurant. Each of the different rooms to each of the different Dharam Stations.

• =)

Haha, that'd be awesome...and all the food would have to be served in DHARMA boxes and cans. Preferably in the form of pallet drops that appeared on all the tables while the lights momentarily flickered off.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Imagine what would happen if Disney did this. Oh god, a Hanna Montana RIDE...
    and they probobly wont do that hannah is a more kid friendly show, and directly tied to disney..but this is part of the can of worms im talking about..
    so best to avoid it all together ..i noticed that extreme home makeover is popular but no one is screaming for an AA ty penington to take over innoventions.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast