Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• A Weather Eye Open

Re: LOST Themed Attraction

I love the show, and the Dharma initiative would give lots of great themeing and ideas of an Island based attraction. I don't think it would fit anywhere at the DLR though! I think the only place this might fit in could possibly be Disney's Hollywood Studios at WDW. The thing is, I feel like a LOST attraction would be geared less towards families and more to adults; not to say that whole families don't watch the show, but that most of Disney's attractions are VERY tiny-little-kid friendly. (It might even it out a bit though, I guess!) I don't think it would fit in DL or DCA though.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Banned User

I think its a great idea. especially the restaurant idea.

I think it's a really great show, but I dunno... this doesn't seem like a good fit to turn into a ride. First of all, there are lots of people who hate it (though I am one of the ones who absolutely loves it and its genius). Secondly.. while it is an amazing show, it's not really geared toward children at all and is a very adult show. This then goes against Disneyland's founding principle and entire reason for existence ... to be a place where children and parents could have fun together.
    Also... too many rides seem to just keep getting churned out from WDI that are basically the same exact ride, but just focusing on some of the latest popular Pixar films. And really, one needs to think about different attractions and how long they could really last. I mean, there have been several attractions over the years that have gone away, but there have also been more and more attractions added over the years as well as some that were original, that have become classic staples of Disneyland and would be blasphemy to get rid of them.
    A LOST attraction, while sounding like it could possible be cool, would almost definitely never become a classic ride that fans would riot over if removed. And for that reason alone they shouldn't (and I'm pretty sure they don't have any plans to) create a LOST ride.

It is a great show though, and I can't wait for next season and am so bummed that it's ending. But I suppose they should quit while they're on top and not drag it on for years and years.
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

I'm sure I would be vary lost, confused, bewildered... after riding it.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by JamesDusenberry View Post
    I can't wait for next season and am so bummed that it's ending. But I suppose they should quit while they're on top and not drag it on for years and years.
    I know exactly what you mean. Having the show be over will be awful...but it's worked wonders for the show, having an end date set for the last couple of years. Seasons 4 and 5 were so much tighter, more purposeful, more coherent than they otherwise would have been. I love seasons 1 through 3, but it's rather painfully obvious in some parts that they weren't quite sure where they were going with all this, or how long the journey was going to be. Now it's like...everything that happens on the show happens for a reason, to a degree that would make John Locke very proud.

• former CM

No, thanks.

• www.JonAutopsy.com

BIG fan of the show

BIG fan of this idea

MAKE IT HAPPEN!
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

Maybe a good location for a LOST attraction or restaurant could be the Ko Olina resort on Oahu that's opening in 2011.

• Banned User

NO! I like the show, but NO! Besides, the ride would go on and on and on with no real ending in sight!

• Disney/Anime/Furry Fan

I'm 'LOST' in Disneyland, someone help me! Who are these people? Why are they wandering in circles and where's the plane wreckage? Ahhh!!!!!

I could definitely see some cool attractions ideas coming from the Lost series but I don't think they could really fit in any Disney park except maybe in Tokyo DisneySea (a park based on adventure and the water) but still maybe not

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by disney-fan-reborn View Post
    Besides, the ride would go on and on and on with no real ending in sight!
    It's only the first half of the series that was like that...everything since the last few episodes of season 3 has been moving inexorably toward next year's series finale!

• we jumped out a window

Just think - there could be an AA Sawyer giving you a nickname

As much as I enjoy the show, I'm not sure to what extent I would rally behind this idea. In fact, I'll go ahead and put the hex on it

On second thought, a highly themed walkthrough with show props would be a great idea. In my Comic Con trip report, I was noting how the objects on the show take on such an iconic significance. Display those props in contexts that replicate the show and you'd have a great experience, I think.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123