Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

• failure for lunch

Re: Has there been an original E Ticket attraction at DL since 1969?

I'm surprised 'The Great Movie Ride' hasn't been mentioned yet.

• Boat shoes all day long

Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor View Post
    Walt never thought about the cost he just said "do it" and no one ever said no to him. A new original Pirates/Mansion like attraction might cost a fortune to make but Walt realized that if you do it right it will pay off and they did pay off big time. I frankly don't think anyone at least not anyone we know of in the business today could dream up the concept and will it into existence like Walt could, and have the ability to buzz around "like a bee" as he put it and shape the work of his imagineers into the direction he wanted it to go. Alas until the day there is a new "Walt" somewhere sometime we will probably never see the likes of a new Pirates/Mansion attraction again, I am sure had he lived a little longer we would have seen one and it would have blown us all away, maybe with fully autonomous freely walking AA figures, it was his creations and speed of progress and innovations that led people to create such movies as the original Stepford Wives and Westworld, figuring that such themed attraction development would continue to progress and evolve unfortunatley for us things have been "de-evolving" over the past decades. To be honest when I see the characters painted onto 2D plywood like in Buzz I am ashamed for Disney to say "we just cant do it, but we can do this and its cheap and will have a quick turn around even if its a flop and we have to close it in a few years at least the "newness" factor will fill queue lines long enough for it to pay for its small budget" this is EXACTLY the thinking going on at Disneyland today. And sadly most guests dont even "get it" they go "ooh Buzz is cool" because its new not realizing that there could be a real immersive space adventure of the size and scope of Pirates if there was only the dreamers that had the power to make it so.

Just this one guests opinon.
    I agree with this here post.

But I disagree on previous posts and their definition of an "original" e-ticket ride. This ride may have been based off elements from Indiana Jones stories - but it was extremely innovative and immersive for its time. To me, this makes it original. So to answer the OP question, yes there has been an original e-ticket ride since the late 1960's, and it opened on March 3, 1995.
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• Sock Puppet

coincidentally my girlfriend and I were talking about this same exact topic last night we were at Disneyland. More specifically, how outdated Autopia is. We were at Innoventions and the short video mentions how Tomorrowland was Walt's vision of a future. Of course, Walt died in the late 60's and I understand the whole "preserve certain things in his memory" belief, but I mean, Autopia takes up A LOT of space and we figured that they should make autopia into a Spacetopia (excuse the lame name). I mean they could start from scratch and build completely different tracks and have spaceships driven and have moons and planets and other things instead of cars. We didn't dwell too long, but my point is that DL has limited space, and some things just have to go.
    Another thing that I noticed was that Main Street is too big for what it's suppose to represent. I figured that could get rid of everything from the lockers and up (towards the castle) and either make a brand new land or just expand tomorrow land, fantasy land and adventure land from all three of their respected areas. I love DL as I am there almost once or twice a week, but some things have become stale in comparison to what they were suppose to represent a long time ago. I know there are a lot of Disneyland enthusiest that live and die by what the park has, but if a change is made in the right way, I mean, the old is forgotten, or remembered in sites like Yesterland, etc.

• Sock Puppet

One last thing. I read some post that the main gist is "easier said than done." That's true, and I condone that thought because building and tearing away requires A LOT of time and money and any major refurbishment takes up a lot of space (which DL doesn't have much of), but of course, this is only a thread and the question is a hypothetical one and I doubt that whoever started this thread has the power to read the input (or lack there of) and then convince Disney officials to have the good ideas made into realities. This is all hypothetical and fun.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by matterhornlove31 View Post
    ... Autopia takes up A LOT of space and we figured that they should make autopia into a Spacetopia (excuse the lame name). I mean they could start from scratch and build completely different tracks and have spaceships driven and have moons and planets and other things instead of cars.
    With apologies for the off-topic post, there are some fun creative ideas for Autopia along those lines in this thread and this one.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Higitus Figitus

Pirates/HM VS. Indy...
    being a kid born in the 90s, im gonna have to say that indy is of the same caliber of pirates and mansion.
    Similar to Mansion which is based around archetypical characters like the murderous bride, Indy takes Lucas's classic character and builds a new story around him - "Temple of the Forbidden Eye".
    Although Indy has a height restriction, it has made it a "rite of passage" for the park. i don't think there's a time i've waited in line for indy without seeing a kid size up to the snake in front of the queue and give their parents a high five when they discover theyre tall enough for the big kid's ride.
    Gothic- im only guessing that you were around for Disneyland back in the good old day so you favor pirates and mansion because they remind you of being a kid. atleast for me, i prefer Indy to subs any day because i loved being afraid of it when i was younger and still getting thrilled from it today.
    “If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”

• Stop That!

the sinbad ride is more along the lines of its a small world, I dont think anyone would consider either to be on par with pirates or mansion.
    The original version of the ride was exactly along the lines of Pirates or Mansion. Then they dumbed it down and added that horrible song...

• Minion

Walt never thought about the cost he just said "do it" and no one ever said no to him. A new original Pirates/Mansion like attraction might cost a fortune to make but Walt realized that if you do it right it will pay off and they did pay off big time. I frankly don't think anyone at least not anyone we know of in the business today could dream up the concept and will it into existence like Walt could, and have the ability to buzz around "like a bee" as he put it and shape the work of his imagineers into the direction he wanted it to go. Alas until the day there is a new "Walt" somewhere sometime we will probably never see the likes of a new Pirates/Mansion attraction again, I am sure had he lived a little longer we would have seen one and it would have blown us all away, maybe with fully autonomous freely walking AA figures, it was his creations and speed of progress and innovations that led people to create such movies as the original Stepford Wives and Westworld, figuring that such themed attraction development would continue to progress and evolve unfortunatley for us things have been "de-evolving" over the past decades. To be honest when I see the characters painted onto 2D plywood like in Buzz I am ashamed for Disney to say "we just cant do it, but we can do this and its cheap and will have a quick turn around even if its a flop and we have to close it in a few years at least the "newness" factor will fill queue lines long enough for it to pay for its small budget" this is EXACTLY the thinking going on at Disneyland today. And sadly most guests dont even "get it" they go "ooh Buzz is cool" because its new not realizing that there could be a real immersive space adventure of the size and scope of Pirates if there was only the dreamers that had the power to make it so.

Just this one guests opinon.
    Great post that I completely agree with.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LLCMC View Post
    I think your restrictions are a bit... overly specific?

There may not be any rides that have opened to those specifications, but plenty of FUN (and well-themed) rides have opened.

Anyone can come up with a bunch of rules and say "has this happened since 1969?"

Has Disney opened any rides that meet all of the following requirements:

- Serve you JELL-O Pudding Pops
    - Have lap bars made of marshmallows
    - Have 36 loops
    - Are based on John Wayne movies
    - Require you to be between 48 and 52 inches

Has this occurred since 1969?

NO!? TRAVESTY!
    I haven't been able to get this post out of my head for a week. Even when I'm not on MiceChat, I think about it and I get a chuckle.

Have lap bars made of marshmallows

• Future Cast Member

Well why arent their rides that serve you jello pudding pops?

if there were lap bars made of marshmallow, though, id eat the lap bar and then I'd be in trouble

• Rock Star Minion

What do you think?
    With all those restrictions you placed on it, probably. I haven't read the rest of the posts, but is this a problem? And if so, do you what causes every problem in Disneyland??
    To solve your problem, the other problem must be corrected.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    To solve your problem, the other problem must be corrected.
    I know the problem whereof you speak.

Unfortunately, to solve that problem, the overarching big problem that has existed since at least 1994 must be corrected. And that's really a problem.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Fancy that...

No as I stated in my post Indy does not qualify I think you will agree it is not a ride on par with Pirates or Mansion, its too short, too fast, there are no songs you cant get out of your head, its not full of talking moving AA figures and it is restricted no one under a certain height can ride it and its to rough and fast for some elderly and disabled people so no Indy does not qualify as a Pirates or Mansion level attraction. Not to mention it is not original, Pirates and Mansion are not based on any particular movie they may have had some inspirations yes but not movie tie ins like Indy.
    Oh really? bah da dadada da-dadaaa... dah dahdah!(indy theme)

I think Indy qualifies perfectly to be up to par with the two... not every E-ticket has to be a different version of The Haunted mansion or Pirates, I think the park would be very dull if every single attraction had to adhere to that criteria. It's the variety of experiences that make Disneyland great.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678