View Poll Results: Which Disneyland Resort attraction is in the MOST need of a complete refurbishment?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Indiana Jones And The Temple Of The Forbidden Eye

61 59.22%
  • Haunted Mansion

2 1.94%
  • Space Mountain

2 1.94%
  • Splash Mountain

1 0.97%
  • Matterhorn

14 13.59%
  • Pirates Of The Caribbean

1 0.97%
  • Jungle Cruise

5 4.85%
  • Tower of Terror

0 0%
  • Soarin' Over California

6 5.83%
  • Other (please specify below)

11 10.68%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Greetings, Program!

Re: Which Disneyland Resort Attraction Is In MOST Need Of A Complete Refurbishment?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker View Post
    I voted for Soarin Over California because lately during the ride the film is showing blotches throughout.
    I saw that too last time I rode and it was pretty distracting.

I also agree that Indy could use a good workover and new effects. One thing I think needs to be updated most of all is the green "blast" that comes from the Eye of Mara and triggers that burst as you're crossing the bridge. Needs to be something other than a green stage light and something more impressive.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Re: Which Disneyland Resort Attraction Is In MOST Need Of A Complete Refurbishment?

I agree Indy needs some fixing up. It definitely doesn't and shouldn't be changed in any way, but they should make sure the cars and effects are in top condition.
    I was at Disneyland yesterday, and I brought a friend visiting for PA who had been to WDW, but never Disneyland. So of course I had to bring them before they went back home and give them the best experience at Disneyland possible and show and explain to them all the little magical touches and attention to detail that make it the best park and show them how this is the place where Walt's spirit can almost be felt and where only here can his touch really be seen, because all the other parks were built after he died.
    So... I was having this trip, and while she didn't know.. the big flame inside the eye of the skull when you first turn the corner to see the bridge didn't go off. And then, after riding Matterhorn twice in a row, we only had time for one more attraction. It was between Space Mountain, which we had yet to do, and Indy. I chose Indy because there is a Space Mountain at WDW, but Indy is unique to Disneyland (and now Tokyo Disney Seas). So we rushed over to Indy, got in line.. and right before we went up the staircase before you get on.. the lights went on and they announced that it had broken down and they were trying to get it up and running again. Well, after about 15 minutes of sitting and waiting in the hot line, we decided to leave because we wanted to spend some time shopping and relaxing on Main Street. So there's one personal and recent example of how Indy breaking down can be a huge inconvenience!

I also think that they definitely need to refurb Matterhorn. Not the ride itself, but the line! They definitely need to get a fastpass going on there, and I was also thinking while I was there that it would be cool if they did a little expansion of the swiss village theme so it encompassed more than just the roof with a few decorations over the line.
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

• Cars Land Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
    whats HISTA?
    HISTA is Honey I Shrunk The Audience, which was my vote as "other". I'd like it replaced with either Mickey's Philharmagic, or something entirely new.

• Nill

HISTA. Indy is fine. Indy, the most technological attraction at the DLR, runs from 8am to 12am, which gives an operational period of 16 hours, and 8 hours of down time......which is everyday for about 3.5 months. It's going to break down more.

Sure, small effects could be fixed......but that has already been happening in the short 8 hours a day that the maintenance crew gets to work on it. Once the offseason hits is when 9 transports will be running on 1 side of the station, and more offtime will be available to maintain the ride.

• Frrrrrrunkis~!

One thing that annoys me on Indy (and seems like it should be a quick fix) is the inconsistencies in what characters are saying on the ride.

The car enters the Chamber of Earthly Riches, and at the end Sallah offers a stroller in case I drank too much from the fountain of youth.

In the boulder scene Indy used to say something like, "Get a light on down here!" Then the boulder would come into view and he would say, "Careful, we've got company!" Or another variation. Whatever it was, it would make sense. Now it tends to be something random. He'll say "Get a light on" when the car approaches him, then the boulder shows up and he says "Hey it's dark down here!"

I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about. It takes away from the experience.

EDIT - I just watched a video of the ride on youtube where Indy says four things in the boulder room, and none of them make sense with what is happening.
    Last edited by Trevelbond; 08-06-2009 at 07:41 PM.

• Future theatre actress <3

Where the crypt doors creak and the tombstones quake

I dont think its just an attraction that needs a refurb but TOMORROWLAND needs a major refurb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

btw what does HISTA stand for????
    So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

• MC's #1 Mars Volta fan

^Honey I Shrunk the Audience. And in my opinion the Matterhorn needs some TLC. Indy is still an (almost) one of a kind experience but the Matterhorn is far eclipsed in popularity by Space and Splash and I think that as the tallest and most significant mountain it should have some kind of story. AND A NEW QUEUE.

oh thats what is stans for!!!! ^^^^^^^^^ thanks!!!!!!

AEROSMITH FTWW!

• Mean Mermaid

I feel silly. I voted for Pirates. (The only vote)

Sorry, does a total refurb to kick out Jack Sparrow, Barbossa, and Davy Jones not apply?

I didn't even think of HISTA! Oh yeah. Totally. That one for sure.

• Minion

i voted other roger rabbits cartoon spin,the ride its self is looking dated and old, you can see the wear on rogers face especially thru the portable hole.scene ..a new coat of paint and updateing of the AAs and you are good to go

• Seeker of Fun

Hista!!!

I can't really comment on the rides since I don't think I've ridden them enough to really know. For instance I'm really surprised that Indy is leading in the poll since everytime I've gone on it it's always running and have never seen it closed when walking by.

I will say that Toontown is in major need of some love and care. There's chipped paint everywhere and things are looking a little faded.

"How do I depreciate this rock?"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    1) Autopia Subs (for removing Nemo)
    2) HISTA (removal of HISTA)
    3) Innoventions (again removal/reworking)
    Strongly Agree

I have to add the Jungle Cruise too, they either need to remodel the whole thing or remove it.

Indianna Jones IS FINE JUST THE WAY IS IT! I dont know about you all, but it never breaks down when Im in line for it! I love that ride!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123