Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Popular Princess

Wickeddisneygurl's 5+ Day Trip of Fun!

I just got back yesterday from a trip to Disneyland. After downloading, editing, and uploading over 300 photos, I'm finally ready to post my TR!

Day 1:

On Saturday, July 18, my family and I left at 4 AM to drive to Disneyland. After sleeping for 2 hours, I woke up to this beautiful view:

We had plans that day to go to Hollywood and wound up arriving around 10:00 AM. My aunt decided she wanted to join us, but it was going to take her awhile to get there. We decided that this would be the perfect opportunity to look around. We took a look at many of the stars, handprints, and footprints, but it was extremely hard because there were so many people! After a quick trip over to the Disney Soda Fountain Store, my aunt finally arrived. She decided that she needed to buy her fiance a new pair of pants at the Hollywood and Highland mall and so we looked around a bit there. I loved this view:

The Renaissance Hotel:

When they were finally ready, we decided to go to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles for lunch. This place was awesome! The food was great and I thought it was amazing that they had their own bouncer. From there we left my aunt and fiance to head off to the Disneyland Hotel.

The traffic was horrible, but we finally got there about 3:00. That night we decided we wanted to go the the Rainforest Cafe for dinner.

The food was good, although I was surprised to discover that this Rainforest Cafe was smaller than the one in San Francisco. I love it though because it reminds me of one of my favorite DL rides, the Jungle Cruise!

After shopping in Downtown Disney for a bit, we opted to go back to the hotel room to get some sleep because it had been a REALLY long day.

Day 2 coming soon...
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• Shifting cargo

Re: Wickeddisneygurl's 5+ Day Trip of Fun!

I'm intrigued already I can't wait to see part 2!

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• in the Golden Afternoon

I cant wait to see more! I'm going to he park in 2 weeks, so seeing trip reports makes me barely able to contain myself :]

• Popular Princess

Day 2 (before the meet):

Sunday morning was an early entry day and so we hopped on the monorail and headed straight for Nemo.

After Nemo we went over to Fantasyland. There were barely any people and so wait times were short.

I love getting pictures on Dumbo:

I've never noticed this before:

Before breakfast we decided to ride POTC:

Mickey Mouse pancakes:

I love NOS and Frontierland in the morning:

Next stop, Jungle Cruise:

Unless you want to lose your group :

We then decided to take a walk through Frontierland:

Since we haven't been able to ride Small World in 2 years and I was curious to see the changes, we headed over there:

Why is it that my least favorite addition is the pic that came out the best?

Next stop, Storybook Land:

Don't eat me!

In our quest to ride all of the rides this trip, we hit the Mark Twain next:

No TR would be complete without duck pictures:

More ducks:

After this we took a ride on Buzz Lightyear and then looked around in Tomorrowland a little bit. A few minutes before 12, I headed over the hub for the meet (sorry no pics).

A few stories from the meet and Day 2, Part 2 coming up soon...

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Wonderful Pirate's Lair and Storybook Land shots! Keep them comin!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• I'm not really here

Wow! Awesome photos. Love the shots of Fantasyland from Dumbo... and there is nothing like an early morning breakfast at River Belle Terrace... beautiful views, great atmosphere... very relaxing. Can't wait to see more.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Popular Princess

Day 2, Part 2:

At 12:00 I went to the meet. Apparently Alex, aka Rocker, was trying to call me, but I didn't hear it (I probably wouldn't have heard it in quiet conditions because I bought a very quiet ringtone, Defying Gravity from Wicked-I really should buy something a bit louder). Anyways, I got to meet a lot of MCers. Rocker, MickeyMousePal, and I hit it off right away (actually, Rocker and I have been talking for awhile and we met up last year) and we wound up spending most of the day together. I also got to meet Dusty, Fishbulb, aashee, Indiana Jeff, Huntress, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, PezzLightyear, LegallyBrunette...I know I'm forgetting people and I'm so sorry because it was so great to finally meet all of these people I only knew by name.

After talking in the hub for a bit, it was decided that we should head to Whitewater Snacks for lunch. We had a huge group, so we took up a lot of room. I have to thank everyone for making me feel so welcome during this time. We then headed over to the Bluesky Cellar. This was really cool and it made me so excited for the World of Color. I really hope it lives up to the hype...After that it was off to the wine bar. I didn't have anything since I'd had a Mai Tai the night before at the Rainforest Cafe, but Rocker, MMP, and I continued our lunchtime conversation.

At about 3:30, we all went our separate ways. I decided to meet back up with my mom and we headed back to the hotel to grab a snack and pick up my dad so that we could make our 5:20 dinner reservation at the Blue Bayou.

Since the parade was going on when we went back to DL, we hopped on the train:

After dinner we decided to go over to Fantasyland to see how the lines were. Most of the rides had very short lines. Our first stop was the Sleeping Beauty Castle walk-through:

This was my favorite scene:

I love what they've done with the walk-through. I would definitely go again and I'm sorry I didn't

The next two stops were Snow White and Mr. Toad.

I have never been in the extended queue for Toad, so I took advantage of the opportunity to snap these pics:

Toad was in such a hurry to get going that he wouldn't hold still long enough to have his picture taken :

I've never taken the time to look closely at the decorations on the carrousel:

My mother and I have a running battle every year to see who can win Buzz more often. Since I had won that morning, she decided that we needed to go again:

I won again!!! Needless to say, more trips occured in the following days!

At this point we decided that we would just walk around and see where we wound up:

That night, we decided that we would watch the fireworks from Main Street. NEVER (!!!) again! There were WAY too many people!!! It was jampacked all the way up and down the street

These next shots might be kind of blurry, but I was trying (emphasis on trying) to go for the artistic shots...

Because of how many people there were on Main Street, we opted to take the Monorail back. Definitely a smart move because there were barely any people!

Day 3 coming up...

• Popular Princess

Quote Originally Posted by RedHandedJill View Post
    I'm intrigued already I can't wait to see part 2!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by WeWantsTheRedhead View Post
    I cant wait to see more! I'm going to he park in 2 weeks, so seeing trip reports makes me barely able to contain myself :]
    Thanks! I felt the same way about this trip!

Quote Originally Posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
    Wonderful Pirate's Lair and Storybook Land shots! Keep them comin!
    Thanks! More are coming, I promise, it's just happening slowly...

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Wow! Awesome photos. Love the shots of Fantasyland from Dumbo... and there is nothing like an early morning breakfast at River Belle Terrace... beautiful views, great atmosphere... very relaxing. Can't wait to see more.
    Thanks! I totally agree about breakfast at the River Belle. We actually ate there twice early in the morning and it was so quiet both times.

• Popular Princess

Day 3:

On Monday, we were the first ones in line for the monorail:

We asked if we could sit in the front of the monorail:

After a trip on the Matterhorn, we headed over to Small World since we were so nearby:

I really don't like this scene. The children on the left are static and the only things that move on them are their mouths:

I don't know why these three characters kept coming out so well because they were my least favorite:

Walking along the Frontierland trail:

We decided to visit POTC, Splash Mountain, and Winnie the Pooh. After this, we grabbed something to eat at Pooh Corner and watched the honey vehicles go by:

We then opted to hop on the train. This station is so photogenic and there is so much to look at:

Here it comes!

We had to wait for the next train:

There is so much to see on the ROA:

How have I never noticed this suitcase before?

Small World from the train:

Matterhorn from the train:

Next stop, Jungle Cruise:

My mom and I went over to Toontown so that she could make her own ears. While in the Gag Factory, I noticed these up above:

On the way back to the hotel, we hit the Jungle Cruise:

Because it was so hot, we went back to the hotel each afternoon. The monorail station offers some great views!

When we got back, the parade was going on and so we took the train:

We got off of the train at NOS station to check in for the Fantasmic dessert buffet. After checking in and waiting for a bit, we sat down and enjoyed our food and a show. My only issue was that Flotsam and Jetsam didn't come in and I was looking forward to seeing them. Anyways, the view of the fireworks afterward was great and I didn't have anyone standing in front of me (for a change!). I'm short and so this is always an issue:

Day 4 coming soon...
    Last edited by wickeddisneygurl; 07-27-2009 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Memory Lapse...

• waitin' to board

Nice photos.....I seem to have like 3-4 pics of that tunnel at NOS Station with the imports/exports.

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Your first "underwater" picture in the subs looks like a big question mark.

Great trip report! You got some wonderful pictures here!
    Last edited by Goover; 07-26-2009 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Spelling error.

• Animation Domination

Entertaining trip report.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Popular Princess

Quote Originally Posted by Treasure View Post
    Nice photos.....I seem to have like 3-4 pics of that tunnel at NOS Station with the imports/exports.
    Thanks! I totally understand! I can't help but take pics of this station.

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    Your first "underwater" picture in the subs looks like a big question mark.

Great trip report! You got some wonderful pictures here!
    I just looked at that pic a little more closely and you're definitely right! I don't know how I never noticed that!

Thanks for looking!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    Entertaining trip report.
    Thanks!

• Popular Princess

Day 4:

Tuesday was another early entry day. Our first stop was Tomorrowland. After a trip on Buzz Lightyear (I lost ) and Space Mountain, we went on the Astro Orbitor. This affords some great views of the park!

We then headed over to Fantasyland and Casey Jr.:

After a quick trip through Indy, we headed to POTC:

We wants the redhead!

Am I crazy, or didn't there used to be a parrot sitting up there with the dirty-foot pirate?

We then headed over to DCA to grab a fastpass for Soarin' and to ride Midway Mania (I won ). We then decided to play some of the games. I like the new ones a lot better. After this we headed to Mickey's Fun Wheel and rode a swinging gondola:

We then grabbed a fastpass for California Screamin' and ate lunch at Cocina Cucomonga. The food there is REALLY good and the decor is beautiful!

After riding Soarin' and Screamin', visiting the Blue Sky Cellar, and doing some shopping, we headed back to the hotel for some rest.

When we got back to Disneyland, they were preparing for the parade and so we got on the train.

My traditional attempt at a Splash Mountain shot from the train:

Since we were planning on watching the fireworks from near the Matterhorn, we opted to do some things in and around Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, and Toontown.

My Aladdin and Jasmine pics never came out very well during this trip:

Mulan was troublesome, too:

I'm so glad they brought this scene back!

I decided to make my own mouse ears that night and saw this:

The view of the fireworks from next to the Matterhorn was great! We could barely see Dumbo, but we got to see Tink start her flight right at the door at the top of the Matterhorn!

After the fireworks, we walked through Pixie Hollow to get to the monorail:

Pixie Hollow was beautiful at night! I loved it! When we got to the monorail, there were a lot of people, but we still managed to get on the first one to come through.

Day 5 coming up...

• Popular Princess

Day 5:

The day started off with a trip to get a fastpass for Indy and then a trip on Splash Mountain where we got completely soaked! I didn't dry until the afternoon! We then headed to the Haunted Mansion where I was absolutely freezing from being so wet! After this, we headed for POTC since we were wet anyway...

We then used our Indy fastpasses and headed to the Jungle Cruise:

After the Jungle Cruise, we went to the Tiki Room where I finally got to see Maynard in action. He is great and one of the best, most-spirited CMs I've ever seen!

We then decided that to help us in our quest to ride everything in the park that we would ride all of the Main Street Vehicles:

I can't wait until the new Gallery opens!

While my dad went back to take a nap, my mom and I decided to ride the train and see where we wound up:

We decided to get off at Fantasyland and ride Small World:

After a rest at the hotel and a delicious dinner at the Plaza Inn, we decided to go on Small World:

In honor of my Italian heritage:

We then headed to Toontown to ride Roger Rabbit. Unfortunately the line was too long and so we decided to visit Minnie and Mickey's houses:

After another trip on Buzz Lightyear (don't remember who won), we went to sit by the Matterhorn to watch the fireworks:

You can just make out Dumbo through the trees:

The next day was our last day in the park.

Day 6 coming up...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast