View Poll Results: What is your favorite time of year to visit Disneyland?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Summer w/Fantasmic! & Fireworks but long lines and high temps?

2 3.33%
  • Fall when most ppl are at work/school, but the park closes earlier than in Summer?

12 20.00%
  • Rainy Day w/ yellow ponchos but no Fireworks/Fantasmic!?

5 8.33%
  • Halloween/Christmas/Other Holiday time when DL is themed different?

27 45.00%
  • Spring when Holiday theme is over & DL is back to normal?

9 15.00%
  • Other specific time of year?

5 8.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Poll: What's Your Favorite Time to Visit?

For all you locals out there, those lucky souls who are able to visit Disneyland many many times throughout the year, I'm wondering... what is your favorite time of year to visit?

The height of Summer with Fantasmic! and Fireworks every night, but with huge crowds, high temps, and long lines?

The Fall on a weekday, when most people are in school/work and the park is relatively empty, allowing you to both take your time enjoying the park and have very short wait times for lines, but maybe Fantasmic! won't be showing and the park closes earlier than in Summer?

A Rainy Day with Mickey Poncho's all around and lots of indoor rides and enjoying more of the shops, but a lack of fireworks and other attractions?

Halloween/Christmas/New Years or other major holiday when the Park has some different theming?

A nice Spring day when the temperature is nice, the crowds aren't too big, and you've just come off of enjoying the Holiday theming, but are now happy to be enjoying Disneyland and rides like HM the way they usually are?

Or perhaps some other specific time of year?

Let me know in the poll, and then let me know why!
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

• Done with MC.

Re: Poll: What's Your Favorite Time to Visit?

We go the second week of May or sometimes Sept, the day after Memorial day. Both times are relatively light in attendance and the weather is great.

• Circle of Ancients

Whenever it's not busy.

• Minion

I personally enjoy the holiday (more Christmas time) and Fall. There is just something about those times that brings a little more "magic" in the air. Christmas hands done is the best time!!! The decorations is a plus! Fall is beautiful and relaxing, less crowds the better. I have been there all summer, its hot, and too many people, but again its expected, either way I still have a great time!

• Keepin' it calsteady

If I knew I were going only once a year, it would be during Christmas. The decorations make it feel extra special, and I love the holiday Mansion and Small World. Plus, the weather is cool and it gets dark early.

•   
    • So fetch

Christmas time is my favorite time to go to the parks. I love all the decorations and music.

I do miss being able to go midweek in September when the parks are practically empty.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I don't have one particular time when I like to go. I love fall and the Halloween decorations. The weather is perfect usually... not to hot, not to cold... and the wonderful fall colors in the park are beautiful. Weekends are still way busy because of the Halloween Treat party, but usually manageable.

Christmas time is special because Disney goes all out with their holiday flair! The park just has a magical feeling with all of the garland, ornaments, characters in holiday garb etc. Its usually much cooler, but if you go early enough in the season the crowds are lighter.

Early Spring is nice because of the mild weather, "normal" Disneyland, and moderate crowds, even on weekends if you go before the Spring Break season begins. I've only been at Disneyland a couple of times when its been raining, but its a wonderful time and everything is so fresh and clean looking after a rain! Plus, it scares away a lot of people!

Summer I try to avoid because of the heat and crowds, but I did go once this summer and will possibly go back next July too because thats when some family will be able to go.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Blow me to Bermuda!

We usually end up going in March because that's when our budget and time allows. I loved the fall decorations during the one October trip we took. Halloween is my favorite holiday after all. lol

I think Christmastime would probably be my new fav if my mom wouldnt' ahve a cow about us going then. lol I don't know what she's gonna do when my kid moves out on her own and has "other" people to see at the holidays. lol

Enjoying the warmth and sunshine of Phoenix between Disney trips.

• Cars Land Rocks!

Anytime of the year is a good time to go to Disneyland. I of course like when the crowds are low, and I like the nice weather in the Spring. The Christmas decorations are always great, but the Summer doesn't bother me so much. I enjoy that the fireworks are every night.

• I'm not really here

Not a local, but we always try to go during spring (first 2 weeks in may) or late september. Beautiful weather, lower crowds.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I like the Spring time. Great weather and everything back to normal with crowds not busting at the seams.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bee1000 View Post
    If I knew I were going only once a year, it would be during Christmas. The decorations make it feel extra special, and I love the holiday Mansion and Small World. Plus, the weather is cool and it gets dark early.
    Def Extra Special during Christmas!!! Yay, before we know it will be Christmas @ Disneyland!

• "Always On The Move..."

HALLOWEEN!!!!! (With Christmas a close second!)
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Light up the HALO!

The summer between 4 of july and 25 are not that crowded.
    As we say to the animals, that's the end of the lion.

RACE THROUGH THE UNIVERSE, CAREEN THROUGH THE STARS.

Space Mountain

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Christmas!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast