Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disney Romance

• Minion

Disney Romance

Good Morning Everyone!
    Does anyone have that "Special" spot at the park where they find it most romantic?

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Re: Disney Romance

It's not about where you are, it's about who you're with.

• Cake Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMouse View Post
    I 2nd that thought...
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

Smile Re: Disney Romance

How true. June 24-25, 1999.....

• Sock Puppet

A quick Search for "Romantic Spot" in DL resulted in 54 threads.

Here's just one of them:

Most romantic spot in Disneyland

For a "theme park", Disneyland is certainly a "romantic" place...

• Sock Puppet

Post of the day!!!

• I'm not really here

While the who may be the most important factor... if the where is a stall in the men's room right after lunchtime, then romance, by the laws of nature, simply can not exist.

So the where does play an important role.

Also, notice that the OP does not specify couples. Is there a spot that when you are alone at DL evokes those romantic feelings? Or a place the typifies the romantic ideal?

In my opinion La cour des anges is probably the most romantic spot in the parks. Especially late at night when it is empty.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Closed Account

If I may interpret "romantic" a little more widely than most would, I think the spot by the pond on Big Thunder Trail is quite romantic. Not in the sense that it's a good make-out spot, or that it evokes feelings of being swept off one's feet, but the ambience is very nice. It's not too crowded, and usually quiet save the noises of the fish jumping. It's one of the darker areas of the park at night, but the sparing lighting is very warm, I think. Just kind of an orange glow in a few areas. You can lean up against the rail by the pond and just take in the atmosphere and feel all romantical-like, whether you're alone or with that special someone.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    While the who may be the most important factor... if the where is a stall in the men's room right after lunchtime, then romance, by the laws of nature, simply can not exist.

Who says? Just because the stall in a men's room isn't romance to you, doesn't mean it isn't to someone else... are laws of nature going to tell me which religion is right for me as well?

I will however agree that Romance doesn't have to be between two people, and can merarly be about you and the nature of your surroundings; which for quite a few people I know is the men's room right after lunchtime...However, the OP did post a silhouette of Cinderella and Prince Charming, setting the precedence for the question to be about couples.

So, I stand by what I said. You could be at a media event where you're the only couple in front of the Sleeping Beauty's Castle during the height of fireworks. Though if you're not with the right person, it's not going to be the right time, then you're not in the right place, nor in the right state of mind.
    Last edited by DisneyMouse; 07-27-2009 at 11:47 AM.

• Sock Puppet

Who says? Just because the stall in a men's room isn't romance to you, doesn't mean it isn't to someone else... are you going to tell me which religion is right for me as well?

Good point!

From what is occassionally reported on the evening news, restrooms can be very romantic places!

Hey, if Adventure Thru Inner Space can be romantic, why not a restroom???

• Banned User

+1 that the term 'Romance' can be used to describe a multitude of different feelings, emotions, or actions. For instance I can name a few places in the park, and even in some attractions that have been corrupted by the stains of romance.

• I'm not really here

Who says? Just because the stall in a men's room isn't romance to you, doesn't mean it isn't to someone else... are laws of nature going to tell me which religion is right for me as well?
    Whoa... calm down there... where on Earth is religion coming into this?

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    Good point!

From what is occassionally reported on the evening news, restrooms can be very romantic places!

Hey, if Adventure Thru Inner Space can be romantic, why not a restroom???
    I was differentiating between romance and lust (connotation wise). Romance tends to be imagined as a more sweet and caring kind of thing... and while I am always the first to say that there are exceptions to every rule, I think the vast majority of people would not find a bathroom or a ride vehicle romantic.

However, should the "desire", the "animalistic instinct" hit you, then yes, any place can be used for certain types of activities. Though once again I would suggest that the definition of "romance" implies much more than just copulation. However, this is a discussion for another thread entirely.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Bibbidi - You can't catch a break. First it was the issue with flash pictures and now THIS!!! LOL

To answer your question, I would say the Main Street Train Station at night. Or next to the moat, by the sides of the castle. Another spot would be somewhere along the Rivers of America from sunset until before Fantasmic. Once upon a time, The Mark Twain ran at night. They even had a Dixieland Band on board Friday and/or Saturday nights.

• Boat shoes all day long

Also, notice that the OP does not specify couples. Is there a spot that when you are alone at DL evokes those romantic feelings? Or a place the typifies the romantic ideal?

In my opinion La cour des anges is probably the most romantic spot in the parks. Especially late at night when it is empty.
    I recall a scene in Dumb and Dumber where the men's room stall just so happened to be the place for romance
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

Whoa... calm down there... where on Earth is religion coming into this?
    Way to burn that straw man... What I was saying which you side stepped was, that which is Romantic for one, isn't necessarily romantic for another; but most impotently, that which makes a place Romantic, are those who are there harnessing the romance.

It's not about where, it's about who. It's not about when, it's about them. It's an instance, a heartbeat, a pure moment in time where two souls find each other through the eyes of another. Well...that's romance for me, though once again it's different for everyone.

I could tell you to go to the wishing well, head to the Frontierland Bridge, find yourself on the Mark Twain late at night, or stand on the steps in the Court of Angles. Though simply because those places have been romantic to some, doesn't make them romantic to all.

Romance isn't something which is easily defined. I once had a very good friend tell me that one of her favorite romantic acts was when her husband took their daughter into the bathroom to change her. So was it the place which was romantic, or was it the act?

If a tree falls... no.

If a place is... no.

Both need people to make the statement true, and so I stand by what I said, because it's not about where you are, it's about who you're with...and that, my liege, is how we know the Earth to be banana shaped.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast