Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Future Imagineer! =D

Re: When You'd Swear the Magic Was Real

Quote Originally Posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
    (Yay, 100th post =D)
    For me, the magic is always real, as soon as I enter the park. Being a Disney megafan makes me a target to be teased and made fun of at school, & when people find out what I want to be when I grow up, an Imagineer, they act like I can't be serious, like I'm just a little kid, who'll eventually grow up and realize that I'll have to do some boring job. Whenever a topic about amusement parks, people always turn to me and make fun of my disney park obsession, and when I explain that Disneyland is not an amusement park, they get offended, or mad, or laugh. They just don't get Disney magic, but I personally think they're just jealous that I have the oppurtunity to spend time with my family at Disneyland as often as I do, and that I was raised as a Disney fan, so I can be optimistic, and I'm happy being my Disney self, and I know it's all worth it when I walk into the parks, and realize just the amazing, magical impact Disney can have on true Disney fans.
    omg same thing happens to me! I tell people that I want to design rides for Disney and they think I am crazy! They think its super weird to be obsessed with an amuesment park. It's more than an amuesment park to me though. People think I'll end up getting know where in life with a dream of being an Imagineer. They think I'm just a silly, young girl. Disney is my passion and I've told people since I was 9 that I wanted to design rides for Disney and before that I always told people I wanted to be one of the princesses at Disneyland. People are jelaous that we are able to have fun and have the oppurtunity to visit a place as magical as Disneyland
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Future Imagineer! =D

omg i love all these stories! The little girl and Aurora video made me all teary eyed. The one Disney Park Memory video where the little girl is talking about Peter Pan is adorable. I just absolutely love that video. I want to marry Peter Pan too! Ahaha.
    I remember when I was little and I was watching the Christmas parade I saw Aurora and her prince on a parade float. I smiled and waved because I thought I was all that. Prince Phillip then smiled back at me and winked! I nearly died! I really loved him after that day. Haha.
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Yo!

I recently went to the park with friends who had a son that was 6. It was his first time visiting, and he went on everything (Indy included!). He being the inquisitive one, though, started to catch on and eventually started asking what was real and what wasn't.

So, later on in the day we decided to catch Fantasmic! since most of our group hadn't seen it. When the mist screens first started, he turned to my roommate and asked, "How do they DO that?!" My roommate, having never seen the show either and wanting to enjoy it, turned to him and gave him the first answer that crossed her mind: "It's magic." I've never seen such a wide-eyed look from a child. He turned right back to the show and watched the rest of it as intensely as his 10:30pm brain could handle. I couldn't help but smile.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Faith Trust & Pixie Dust!

All of these are so great!

This didn't happen to us, but one time we were in line to see Ariel and there was this little girl in line before us and she kept trying to look and see Ariel. She turned and looked at her mom and said "Am I pretty enough to take my picture with Ariel?" The little girls mom really didn't know what to say so my mom said "the question is, is Ariel pretty enough to take a picture with you?" The little girl shook her head yes and just got even more excited. The little girl's mom started talking to us and said they had just waited in line to see Cinderella and the dad and brother were off doing something else and when they met up again the dad asked "how was it seeing Cinderella?" and the little girl told her dad "I'm too excited, I just can't talk about it right now." The mom said hearing that was worth the time waiting in line.

The whole thing just made me smile.
    I miss Disney World...
    Check out my Disney Cruise Trip Report...lots of photos being added: http://micechat.com/forums/disney-cr...ey-wonder.html

I have been visiting Disneyland since I was a wee little thing of only 3 months and have had several *magical* moments! One of my favorites happened on Indy a few years back...

My sister and I decided to make Indy our last ride on this particular evening. However, we still had an urge for some more Mr. Jones after our “last” ride, so we decided to run out the exit and re-enter for one last hurrah. Well, as many of you probably know, the CM’s are very good at placing garbage cans in front of the line entrances at exactly midnight. As my sister and I were running down the exit, we realized it was 11:59 and that we couldn’t possibly make it out in time to ride once more. So we stopped, looked at each other, and had the same thought…let’s hope the fence! (The low, waist high rope fence between the entrance/exit lines of Indy). I cleared the partition with ease, but my sister realized that her shoe was untied and insisted on stopping to tie it.

So there we were, with me on one side pleading with her to hurry up, and she on the other taking her dear, sweet time. Who happens to walk along the entrance line at this moment but a kind CM who can obviously see what we are doing! He confronts us and we admit to jumping the fence, but he being the kind CM he is, lets us continue on to the ride. By the time we get back up to the loading area, it’s painfully obvious that we some how snuck back in. All the guests are gone and there is no one there but the CM’s! We scamper into our jeep alone…or so we thought. Who decides to ride with us but the CM who caught us hopping the rope fence! What followed was the most fun I have ever had on that ride!! The CM hopped into the driver’s seat, pretending like he didn’t know who we were. He warned us not to look into the eyes of the idol…but then when Mara goes all crazy he exclaimed, “Wait a second! You’re the two who hopped the fence! You just break all the rules don’t you!?” This was one fun CM and he acted out the entire ride as if he was our crazy tour guide through the Temple! My sister and I have never forgotten that fun experience. Its CM’s like that who really make the park *magical* for all us guests!

Thats great! It is those little things that CM's do to help make the Magic real.
    I miss Disney World...
    Check out my Disney Cruise Trip Report...lots of photos being added: http://micechat.com/forums/disney-cr...ey-wonder.html

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by LittleImagineer View Post
    omg same thing happens to me! I tell people that I want to design rides for Disney and they think I am crazy! They think its super weird to be obsessed with an amuesment park. It's more than an amuesment park to me though. People think I'll end up getting know where in life with a dream of being an Imagineer. They think I'm just a silly, young girl. Disney is my passion and I've told people since I was 9 that I wanted to design rides for Disney and before that I always told people I wanted to be one of the princesses at Disneyland. People are jelaous that we are able to have fun and have the oppurtunity to visit a place as magical as Disneyland
    It's nice to know I'm not alone. =) And yeah, they are jealous, I mean, a lot of people think they're all cool if they dont like Disneyland, and instead like 'big' rides like Six Flags and stuff, but really, they're just jealous of APers who get to go to Disneyland as often as they do, and know a lot about it and really appreciate the magic of Disney.

• Following the Second Star

I just thought of something else.

As I'm sure everyone has realized, I hang around the Mad Hatter and Alice a lot. The girl in my icon was (well...she still is) my favorite Alice. She's so sweet and wonderful, I love that girl. Unfortunatly, she left at the end of last year.

The last time I saw her, they stayed as long as they could talking to us because she didn't want to say good bye. Sadly, after awhile she said "...I think we really have to go now." We were all fighting back tears saying goodbye, including her. We all got our hugs and she slowly walked backstage. I immediately started crying because the sweetest girl I ever met was gone.

Most of the Alice's play Wendy as well. As much as I love Alice, Wendy is my favorite Disney girl. I had never seen this girl as Wendy, and it was sad cause she's an ADORABLE Wendy and works really well with Peter. Her last day, Christmas Eve, she was Wendy and with that Peter. Unfortunatly, I had family stuff to go to, and I didn't get to go see her. But my friends SkeletonStockings and DisneyGirl52 did, and they got her to make a little video for me...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkJgPWpJ7GU]YouTube - Hi to her!![/ame]

I started crying when I saw that video. It made me so happy.

Luckily, that wasn't my last chance to see her. We're now good friends with her and she has come to the park to visit a couple times since.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

That is so sweet! How do you guys get to know the characters so well? I'm guessing you live close enough to go fairly often.
    I miss Disney World...

• Following the Second Star

Quote Originally Posted by sassy*tink View Post
    That is so sweet! How do you guys get to know the characters so well? I'm guessing you live close enough to go fairly often.
    Yeah, we just go all the time. We see them a lot and just got to know each other over time.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer20k View Post
    I just thought of something else.

As I'm sure everyone has realized, I hang around the Mad Hatter and Alice a lot. The girl in my icon was (well...she still is) my favorite Alice. She's so sweet and wonderful, I love that girl. Unfortunatly, she left at the end of last year.

The last time I saw her, they stayed as long as they could talking to us because she didn't want to say good bye. Sadly, after awhile she said "...I think we really have to go now." We were all fighting back tears saying goodbye, including her. We all got our hugs and she slowly walked backstage. I immediately started crying because the sweetest girl I ever met was gone.

Most of the Alice's play Wendy as well. As much as I love Alice, Wendy is my favorite Disney girl. I had never seen this girl as Wendy, and it was sad cause she's an ADORABLE Wendy and works really well with Peter. Her last day, Christmas Eve, she was Wendy and with that Peter. Unfortunatly, I had family stuff to go to, and I didn't get to go see her. But my friends SkeletonStockings and DisneyGirl52 did, and they got her to make a little video for me...

YouTube - Hi to her!!

I started crying when I saw that video. It made me so happy.

Luckily, that wasn't my last chance to see her. We're now good friends with her and she has come to the park to visit a couple times since.
    That's so sweet! =) characters are awesome, ive heard of a girl who played snow white a long time ago, and she never revealed her identity to anyone, her friends didnt even know she was SW. While in character, she wouldnt even answer to her own name. =P

• Dreaming in Fantasyland

I could never be able to pinpoint my most magical time in Disneyland. It's just Disneyland as a whole that's so magical, whether it's when the lights are all on at night and twinkling, or where it's when a child smiles and runs to their favorite character. Every time I go it's magical!!

I just got back yesterday from a trip and remember being at the turnstile and this little boy is talking to his mom saying stuff like "yea we made it!! " and "I worked so hard at school to get here." It's so inspiring to do well at school myself now that this kid did so too just to go to Disneyland! Its so cute and sweet, and he was just soooo excited, it's something about the spirit of a kid that makes Disneyland all the more magical
    (now I want to try and remember more magical moments hehe)
    :¨·.·¨:
    `·.Michelle

╰⊰⊹⊹⊱╮
    () ()
    (. .)
    ( , , )

.:Was MichelleCutie on VMK and now MeShellMyBelle:.
    The Random Lady in Waiting

This one just happened last week. We went with some friends who had three kids who had never been to the park. The whole family are huge Star Wars fans. The 7 year old brought his Jedi robe to wear. We got seats in the front for Jedi Training and his two kids who are older got chosen. They were so excited. Their dad went and stood in the back to film them. When they were done, I looked over and he was in tears The things that are special to people can sometimes be surprising! I feel so lucky to have gone with them and helped that family make a wonderful memory!

• Queen Elsa

I also just remeber another one and it has to do with Fantasmic. It was in Feb or March of this year and these two girls I would say where about 5 and 7 had never seen Fantasmic. When the lady that tells if Mickey will fight his nightmares the 7 year old her that and said I don't want to have nightmares. I told the little girl don't worry cause Mickey will take care of the nightmare and u would not be scare. So as Fan was going she told me that Ariel is her favorite Princess I told her that Ariel was in Fantasmic. When the fight between Peter and Hook was going I saw Ariel and Eric going into there spot. I tap the little girl and told her that I see Ariel over there by pointing to her and she saw Ariel coming her eyes got real big and she had this big smile. So when they came and gone and when the Queen came up the little girls where getting scare I told them just remember that Mickey will take care of her. So when the time when Maleficent's dragon form came up the little 5 year old got really scare which I understand the 7 year was getting scare again but I told her remember Mickey is there he will take your nightmares away. So she saw that Mickey got Maleficent and she said yeah now I will not have no more nightmares cause Mickey took care of her. I told her see just remember if u have any just remember what Mickey did and your nightmare would be gone. I had look up at her mom and she had this big smile on her face and she told me thank you for helpping her with the show I said your welcome and leave. Oh also I told the 7 year old that Ariel is coming back on a boat when I said that the boat came and she saw Ariel and call Ariel's name and when the Mark Twinn came near us Ariel had look at her she was so happy to see Ariel look at her.

Those are so sweet. I love when kids get really excited or nervous about things like that.
    I miss Disney World...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast