Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Re: When You'd Swear the Magic Was Real

^ THAT is an awesome photo!! Well done! I will have to try to post a few of mine

I have loved reading all of your stories, so I thought that I would bump this to try and get some more posts
    Disneyland DCP Spring 2010 - ACCEPTED FOR ATTRACTIONS!
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney
    "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Yeah. These stories are so great. I'm trying to remember some moments from my last trip to DL over 10 years ago. I'll get back with everyone on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    2. On a recent visit, I was in a silly mood. We rode the Haunted Mansion and my Doom Buggy got Phineas (the carpetbagger with the top hat) as our Hitchhiking Ghost, so I joked that I was stealing his hat. After we got off the ride, I asked everyone in the group to admire my ghost hat. Later in the day, we went on the ride again, my Doom Buggy got Phineas again...and his hat was missing.
    Anyway, this story by Karalora ^ with Phineas on HM is awesome. Magical and a little creepy. I love it!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

i remember about, 5 years ago, the greatest trip i ever had. it was pouring rain. half the crowds were evacuating. main street & all the other lands were nearly a ghost town. i had never seen the park that empty before, and still haven't seen a day like that. it was really dark because of the seriously, dark gray clouds. theirs something about the park in the rain. it feels like home. don't get me wrong, i love the colorful bright chipper days at the park.

• ShovelyBubblyGobblyGook

Quote Originally Posted by hurricanecolby ! View Post
    i remember about, 5 years ago, the greatest trip i ever had. it was pouring rain. half the crowds were evacuating. main street & all the other lands were nearly a ghost town. i had never seen the park that empty before, and still haven't seen a day like that. it was really dark because of the seriously, dark gray clouds. theirs something about the park in the rain. it feels like home. don't get me wrong, i love the colorful bright chipper days at the park.
    oh I think I was there that day too! It was such a gorgeous day...I totally get what you mean by it feeling like home :3

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

About 9 years ago, during the last big El Nino year when it rained for months straight, my dear friend from Kansas City came to visit me because his father had died and he wanted to get his mind off of it.

The fact that everything was gloomy and rainy for his entire trip didn't help matters much. Though we were both very short of cash, we decided to make a trip to Disneyland. After all, it is the Happiest Place On Earth.

I don't know what I was thinking when I suggested that we ride Haunted Mansion. (Come on Dusty, the ride is about ghosts for goodness sake.) We were probably about one minute into the ride when I realized that my friend had silently started to cry. I felt terrible.

But when we exited the ride, the sun was suddenly shining on our side of the Rivers of America and there was a beautiful rainbow which we could see off to the side of the Matterhorn.

My friend sat for a moment on the little brick wall next to the Mansion exit and said that it was the best he had felt in the month since his father died. He said that his father had certainly made the sun shine to remind him that everyone has their day in the sun, and that he hoped his father was having a swinging wake with ghosts like the ones in the Haunted Mansion.

For some reason, the Tiki Room really seemed to resonate with him and we sat through the show multiple times. Somehow, those creepy old ghosts and dusty old tiki birds managed to help heal an aching heart.

To this day, he often brings up the day we spent together at Disneyland and always reminds me to sing like the birdies sing.

It is a very special memory from a very painful time. There really is 'magic' in the magical kingdom of Disneyland.

-Dusty
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Future Skipper

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    About 9 years ago, during the last big El Nino year when it rained for months straight, my dear friend from Kansas City came to visit me because his father had died and he wanted to get his mind off of it.

The fact that everything was gloomy and rainy for his entire trip didn't help matters much. Though we were both very short of cash, we decided to make a trip to Disneyland. After all, it is the Happiest Place On Earth.

I don't know what I was thinking when I suggested that we ride Haunted Mansion. (Come on Dusty, the ride is about ghosts for goodness sake.) We were probably about one minute into the ride when I realized that my friend had silently started to cry. I felt terrible.

But when we exited the ride, the sun was suddenly shining on our side of the Rivers of America and there was a beautiful rainbow which we could see off to the side of the Matterhorn.

My friend sat for a moment on the little brick wall next to the Mansion exit and said that it was the best he had felt in the month since his father died. He said that his father had certainly made the sun shine to remind him that everyone has their day in the sun, and that he hoped his father was having a swinging wake with ghosts like the ones in the Haunted Mansion.

For some reason, the Tiki Room really seemed to resonate with him and we sat through the show multiple times. Somehow, those creepy old ghosts and dusty old tiki birds managed to help heal an aching heart.

To this day, he often brings up the day we spent together at Disneyland and always reminds me to sing like the birdies sing.

It is a very special memory from a very painful time. There really is 'magic' in the magical kingdom of Disneyland.

-Dusty
    Wow... That's definitely my favorite story on this thread. Beautiful.

• Warm Hugging Anna

I just remember another one I really don't know if you call it magical or not but anyways. It started back in 2003 when me and my friend when to see Cinderella. The day was a ok day the sun was out but for some reason Cinderella ask me my friend and a few others to go under the Palvlon roof as soon as all of us when under the roof it all of a sudden just poor down rain. It was just so weird cause like I said the sun was out and it didn't seem like it was going to rain that day. Cinderella's time was up but send it was just coming down hard she had to stay under the roof until it stop.

• DawnC

I can think of many, but one magical moment that immediately comes to mind was when I was in college. I was on a Magic Kingdom day trip with a friend and Space Mountain was our favorite ride. This was before fast passes so if there was a wait you just waited. The line had been visibly long all day so we explored other areas of the park first.
    In the late afternoon we ventured back to Tomorrowland to try our luck again. The wait turned out to be about 10 minutes: a magical event in itself. When we exited the ride the sky had gotten quite grey and windy. We quickly looped out of the exit ramp and ran straight back into what we hoped was still a small line. It was, and after another short wait we rode again feeling great that we got to ride twice in less than half an hour. This time upon exiting it was blinding bright and hot. The sun had come completely back out. We decide to try our luck again and back on Space Mountain we went. Fifteen minutes later as we exited it was pouring down rain. (And if youíve been to Florida you know it can really pour) We raced back into line getting fairly soaked on the way.
    Another 10 or 15 minute wait, another spin around the tracks and back out into the weather. This time the sun was out again, everything was wet and shiny, and there was a rainbow peeking out behind the tree line in the distance. We paused for a moment to take in this beautiful view before deciding to go on one last time.
    Back into the queue we went. This time hundreds of other park guests who were trying to get out of that flash rain shower were in line with us. The wait was at least 40 minutes, but during the wait we discussed the crazy weather changes with our line neighbors. When we exited the ride for the last time the quirky day had magically turned into a clear cool night. The stars were out and the lights were on all over the park casting reflections off the puddles still on every surface. It was like Disney had kicked up the magic factor a few notches and literally lit up everything in the park. It was definitely one day Iíll never forget.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345