Indian Disneyland?

Does anyone know if they are planning to build a Disneyland in India?

They of course recently built Hong Kong Disneyland... Which is very different from the other clones, but that's for another post. But it seems they added a park there, and were at least originally planning to put one in Shanghai too because China has over 1 billion people and is a growing economy.

India is in the same boat as China, so I wonder if they have any long term plans to build another Disneyland clone in India too? Not sure how I would feel about it, I mean, when would they stop? Will they eventually put a Disneyland clone on each continent? Disneyland in Australia, Brazil, Africa, Russia...?

I'm a little too young to remember, but I wonder what people were saying and felt when they announced the first international Disneyland clone? I mean, I was just looking at the map of Hong Kong Disneyland and pictures, and it doesn't even seem like the others. It looks like some cheap Chinese knock off like all the knock off Chinese iPhones and other electronics. I mean, there is no Railroad, no Pirates, no Haunted Mansion, no Partners Statue, no Frontier or Western land at all, the Main Street has a brick road instead of pavement and trolley lines ... It's just so different, makes me feel bad for the Chinese getting a park missing so much, I mean... No Pirates or Haunted Mansion? C'mon!

So what do you guys think? Disneyland India? Good idea? Bad idea?
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Re: Indian Disneyland?

Well I support the idea of a Disneyland India. HOWEVER I do not support the idea of a Disneyland CLONE in India. Im pretty sure you use the term loosely but a strict clone would be horrible. What we see in the Disney parks around the world is, for the most part, a completely unique experience at each park you visit! From architecture and details to the rides themselves, things arent all the same. Of course there is the "cloning" of certain rides, especially lately with TSMM and all the TOTs. But each park has been able to add a certian flair to the clones which is alright.

All in all, I welcome a new park as long as it continues to top what Disney has already done and push the limits of theme parks even further

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• Mickey is not my Brother

I don't think that is a good idea. India is for one that very heavily populated. Also there is some sanitation issues that would need to be dealt with. China is also populated but the country is massive.

• 1 man can make a difernce

Oh man, I seriously hope not!

• Banned User

4 in one continent?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Paging DustySage.... What do you think, you used to visit India regularly.