A couple of questions regarding DCA

First ever visit to DL is the first week in september and plan to spend the day in DCA on friday 4th sep (which happens to be your Labor day weekend) just wondering if the fastpasses for rides run out alot and if so usually by when?
    we don't plan on getting to the park for opening more like somewhere between 12-1pm and plan to spend most of the day there, the park hours for the day are 10am-pm and are hoping FP's will still be avaliable when we get to the park, surely they won't run out int he first 2-3 hours of opening, will they?

Also what kind of que times can we expect for most popular rides like Soarin, GRR, California screamin' & toy story?
    I understand California Screamin' has a single rider line, as i'll be going on this myself (boyf is a wimp haha) is this que normally much shorter?

The park in general seems pretty small and i imagine easy enough to do most rides & enjoy the park in a day
    Walt Disneyworld: Sep 2005
    Disneyland Paris: Dec 2008
    Disneyland California: Sep 2009

Re: A couple of questions regarding DCA

They won't run out even on labor day. Get for first FP for Grizzly because that is the must popular on hot days. Single Rider is fast for screamin.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

DCA is still "pretty small" compared to Disneyland, it will fill up a day no problem and hit all the major rides, but after two days at DCA you can pretty much do every single thing there is to do.

(The Bugs Land additions and other changes will take a while before they can change that reality.)

Disneyland you can scour for a week and still not do it all. Little hidden things like the Court Of Angels, Sleeping Beauty Diorama walk-through and Snow White Grotto, all the bands and street shows...

On a Friday they should not be out of FastPasses by noon. But you'll get a chance on them all - the lines ease up at times, just a matter of being there when they do.

First week of September should be busy but not insane - the bigger problem is the weather, it should start cooling down but we can get some of the hottest blasts of the summer right about then. 95F (~40C) Plus in the afternoons, thankfully low humidity. Bring loose clothes and a few layers, it can be cool in the morning and then get stifling, then cool off fast again when the sun goes down.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by Homan View Post
    They won't run out even on labor day. Get for first FP for Grizzly because that is the must popular on hot days. Single Rider is fast for screamin.

Thanks, just what i was hoping to hear i had just read people saying make sure you get FP early cause they can run out by the afternoon and it worried me abit, that by the time we got to the park we wouldn't be able to get any.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    DCA is still "pretty small" compared to Disneyland, it will fill up a day no problem and hit all the major rides, but after two days at DCA you can pretty much do every single thing there is to do.

(The Bugs Land additions and other changes will take a while before they can change that reality.)

Disneyland you can scour for a week and still not do it all. Little hidden things like the Court Of Angels, Sleeping Beauty Diorama walk-through and Snow White Grotto, all the bands and street shows...

On a Friday they should not be out of FastPasses by noon. But you'll get a chance on them all - the lines ease up at times, just a matter of being there when they do.

First week of September should be busy but not insane - the bigger problem is the weather, it should start cooling down but we can get some of the hottest blasts of the summer right about then. 95F (~40C) Plus in the afternoons, thankfully low humidity. Bring loose clothes and a few layers, it can be cool in the morning and then get stifling, then cool off fast again when the sun goes down.

--<< Bruce >>--

Thanks
    The weather sounds perfect haha no seriously thats one of the reasons i chose september for my visit i know it will probably get very hot and be more tiring because of the high temperatures but i wanted to come at a time when it was deffiently hot and i could get a nice tan, to say the weather hasn't been very summery in the UK lately is quite an understatement so i'm extremely looking forward to the sun, so glad to read your comment about the temps

Im so excited for my first visit to Disneyland

• Just splashing around...

I have seen Soarin' Fastpasses run out, even on a moderately crowded day. I would definitely make it a priority to get those as soon as you are able. No need to storm the gates at opening, but don't wait until late afternoon or you may be disappointed.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I'd agree that you should get fastpass for Sorin' first. Tower usually doesn't need fastpass. Screamin' would be your 2nd choice for FP. You can single-rider Grizzly if you are interested in getting soaked.

Don't miss attractions:
    Sorin'
    Tower of Terror
    Tough To Be A Bug
    Monster's Inc
    Aladdin the Musical
    California Screamin'
    Muppets 3D

Don't forget to stop by the Animation building and have a glass of wine on the patio near the Blue Sky Cellar.

Have a great trip!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    I'd agree that you should get fastpass for Sorin' first. Tower usually doesn't need fastpass. Screamin' would be your 2nd choice for FP. You can single-rider Grizzly if you are interested in getting soaked.

Don't miss attractions:
    Sorin'
    Tower of Terror
    Tough To Be A Bug
    Monster's Inc
    Aladdin the Musical
    California Screamin'
    Muppets 3D

Don't forget to stop by the Animation building and have a glass of wine on the patio near the Blue Sky Cellar.

Have a great trip!
    Thank you, most of them i have wrote as must do's so glad to see the mentioned as not be missed however TOT will be passed on, i hated it in WDW loved them theming but the actual ride just gave me such a bad head

Quote Originally Posted by Sairbear View Post
    Thank you, most of them i have wrote as must do's so glad to see the mentioned as not be missed however TOT will be passed on, i hated it in WDW loved them theming but the actual ride just gave me such a bad head
    You can go through the queue and the pre-show movie, then bail at the chicken exit before the elevators.

Soaring will probably run out of FPs by the afternoon. I'd do that first.