• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Julie Andrews, Toby Bluth signing event

the latest issue of the Disney Insider mentions a signing event at GCH on August 29th.

I can't get the link to work right now, sorry.

• Not a Minion

Re: Julie Andrews, Toby Bluth signing event

I was able to access the link from my phone just fine...its going to take time to load the emails from my computer, so here's the gist of things...

August 29 @ the grand californian hotel
    signing is from 1:30 to 3:30 and merchandise is limited to one per customer...

• Not a Minion

Here's the info that I think everyone really cares about..the limitations:

Julie Andrews' Collection of Poems, Songs and Lullabies signed by Academy Award® Winning Actress, Julie Andrews, will be available to pre-purchase online beginning Wednesday, August 12, 2009 for $24.99, plus applicable tax. Complimentary ground service shipping is included. Limit ONE (1) per Guest. Books are scheduled to ship from the Disneyland® Resort beginning Tuesday, October 6, 2009.

Merchandise available while supplies last and only a limited number of pieces will be available on the day of the event. Limit ONE (1) signed event item per Artist, per Guest. We ask that you bring no personal items to be signed. Artist will only sign the event merchandise purchased on the day of the event. Valid Disneyland® Resort receipt may be required as proof of purchase. Artist signing is subject to space and time availability and is not guaranteed. Subject to change or cancellation without notice. Separate admission is required to enter Disneyland® Resort theme parks

The Art of Disney Parks

Does anyone one know how this event works? I tried to attend the Julie signing event in April 08 but didn't get there in time to recieve a wrist band and so i missed out on some of the finer details. To my knowledge you purchase the merchandise after you get a wristband and then she signs it. In this case what do you purchase for Julie to sign? It seems (to me at least) that if you purchase the book you won't get it til after the signing event so what can she sign? Any insight at all? I've been dying to meet Julie Andrews since 1st grade!!

• keh!

will this be a public event or D23 members only? : /

• Not a Minion

Public event. Not d23, so do expect crowds.

As far as items, you can prepurchase the a signed book and have it mailed to you (as to my understanding) or you can show up to meet her and get a book signed. Other merchandise include pieces of art which are shown in the link I included in my last post.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lalalex View Post
    Does anyone one know how this event works? I tried to attend the Julie signing event in April 08 but didn't get there in time to recieve a wrist band and so i missed out on some of the finer details. To my knowledge you purchase the merchandise after you get a wristband and then she signs it. In this case what do you purchase for Julie to sign? It seems (to me at least) that if you purchase the book you won't get it til after the signing event so what can she sign? Any insight at all? I've been dying to meet Julie Andrews since 1st grade!!

I went to the 08 signing.

SHOW UP EARLY first and foremost! we got there at around 5:30 or 6 am and the line was insane!

They give out bracelets to a specific number of people then they filtered us into the park and into another line on main street to buy our books. Get your book and your number and then we had to show back up at the GMWML theater to sit and wait our turn. They had us sit in a semblance of number order in the theater and then they called number groups. they lined up and then Julie signed our books from her table. After that it is all over.

Over all my recommendation is show up EARLY, I mean EARLIER than Early if you want to get done in a timely fashion..

• Keepin' it calsteady

Will all the Bluths be there? Michael, George-Michael, GOB, Lucille, Buster?

Krystledm - thank you so much! That was a great help! Last year we showed up at 7 and got in the line and were only 4 spots away from getting a wristband so it was a huge bummer! Also I was 8 months pregnant so it was even crappier!! I will for for sure get there earlier this time!

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

I apologize for the problems when I posted this last night. First I just couldn't get the link to go into the post, no matter how much I hit it with a hammer :-)
    Then a few minutes later my mouse died and I had no new batteries.