Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Tron Returing To Tomorrowland?

With Tron 2.0 coming out in 2010. Rumor is that WDI/Burbank is considering a new attraction in Tomorrowland. Using the Innoventions building, gutting it completly, and using the Peoplemover Track, and turing it into a ride for Tron. Also the timeline would be starting construction after DCA is finished.

Your Thoughts?

Here's the Offical Teaser Trailer

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1IpPpB3iWI"]YouTube - Tron Legacy (2010) Trailer (HD)[/ame]

The Old Version

Start at 1:51

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSvd0HAQU8o"]YouTube - Peoplemover Ride Disneyland California Anaheim[/ame]
    Last edited by Disneyland RR Guy; 07-29-2009 at 01:56 AM.

Walt's love of Trains!

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Re: Tron Returing To Tomorrowland?

I think the best solution is using the peoplemover track for a tron cycle ride but Disney has to figure out what laws they have to obey with the peoplemover track issues.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

TRON is something that is being looked at but there is no concrete plan that I'm aware of right now. There's some rumors and talks about a TRON layover on the People Mover track too.

I know this is something that Tony Baxter is passionate about but we'll just have to wait and see.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• hi!

Tron is something that would really be "tomorrow"-like in Tomorrowland. we already have cars and submarines and been to space. but something regarding light-cycles would be quite a feat. Hopefully Tony Stark puts in a good word.
    -plagued

Tony is pushing for this attraction to Burbank.
    Last edited by Disneyland RR Guy; 07-29-2009 at 01:58 AM.

Walt's love of Trains!

• VFX Artist & Dark Lord

Normally I cringe at the thought of yet another movie tie-in attraction, but I am almost giddy at the prospect of TRON returning to Tomorrowland in some form or fashion. I'm excited about the new film and have always believed that Disney could have done so much more with TRON over the years.

I'm all for gutting or removing Innoventions and replacing it with a great new show or ride. Of course I'd prefer a cool updated Adventure Thru Inner Space attraction, but a TRON ride would be fine too. I hope this rumor has some truth to it.

• soul reflector.

I also think this sounds very interesting.

Tony Baxter has said in interviews that they did work on a Tron attraction when the movie was first released, but since it did not do as well as they had hoped, the project was shelved and the only pieces of it ever seen were in that PeopleMover bit, and also in an Epcot video presentation.

This would be a really exciting change to what is IMO currently a really big waste of space in the Innoventions attraction.

im sure they will do something because of the new movie..no doubt about it

• Banned User

Well, the movie comes out in less than a year so they better decide now. The problem is the timing. Jump the gun, and WDI might invest a lot of money into a movie that is a total flop. Wait too long, you miss hitting while the iron is hot, the buzz dies and people's interest is off to the newest hot thing.

• Halloween 2011

Quote Originally Posted by SanSooMaster View Post
    Well, the movie comes out in less than a year so they better decide now. The problem is the timing. Jump the gun, and WDI might invest a lot of money into a movie that is a total flop. Wait too long, you miss hitting while the iron is hot, the buzz dies and people's interest is off to the newest hot thing.
    But that's just it. The DCA timeline stretches into 2012. If they start planning after DCA is finished, as the original rumor states, they'll be two years after the movie release with probably another two years for construction, making the debut of a TRON attraction in 2014. That iron's pretty darned cold by then. But then, they built Toy Story, Buzz and now Little Mermaid years after those films debuted so maybe they're used to cold iron by now.

• I'm not really here

dougeebear beat me to it. With the insane amount of money being spent on this film (in the neighborhood of $300 million), you can bet Disney is going to want to synergize the hell out of it. It will be interesting to see what for that takes.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Pilot EdForceOne

Considering Innovations was just redone with the House of the Future... I think we can write this one off as 'fanboy fantasies'.

The contract to do what they did in Innovations would be for years. It's not going anywhere.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Disneyland Connoisseur

I watched the Peoplemover video that RR Guy posted, and it really makes me wish that the peoplemover was still around. I never got a chance to ride it because I didn't visit the park for the first time until 2006. I also liked seeing the sky way buckets at the end, but again, another attraction I never got to ride. I am totally on board for a new type of Peoplemover attraction, or even if they just bring back the old one, which probably wont happen.

I'm digging the Peoplemover music though
    4th Trip To Disneyland: June 28th-June 30th!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Considering Innovations was just redone with the House of the Future... I think we can write this one off as 'fanboy fantasies'.

The contract to do what they did in Innovations would be for years. It's not going anywhere.
    No one at Disneyland wants Innovations to remain past the current contracts - all of which come due in the next couple of years. Microsoft isn't happy with the House of Tomorrow, guests don't ever visit. The building is all expense and no benefit to anyone - not to the sponsors, not to Disneyland, and not to the guests.

That building is 100% on the table for redevelopment. This isn't just fan-boy fantasy, it is the single most likely area of Tomorrowland to be renovated or removed other than the Honey I shrunk the Audience theater.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Watching that video again brought back a lot of memories. We went on the Peoplemover back in 1992, and watching that made me wish we still had it.

There was a rumor going around a few years ago about the Incredibles taking over the Peoplemover. It wouldn't have made sense because they are set in the present and not the future.

Even though TRON is another movie tie-in, it would be nice to see it in Disneyland again.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast