Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Fantasmic! Fanatic

Re: California Screamin' using 6 train operation

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    While we're on the topic of capacity... BTMRR is probably the best rollercoaster in terms of capacity inside Disneyland, correct?
    I honestly don't know but I would think that either BRMRR or screamin' because of the length of the lines.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Wow, congrats to the CMs indeed! 5 train operation on Screamin' dispatches really fast already! I can't imagine what a 6 train dispatch would look like. They must have been flying through the restraint checks.

So with 6 out would it be like this:
    2 in station (1 on either side), 1 stopped outside station waiting to enter, 1 in launch section, 1 stopped between launch and station and 1 on track?
    You think 6 trains two sides are bad, try 4 trains one side. Good god... You best bet you have no special seat requests. The grouper has to move SO FAST.

• Banned User

This puts them in a little bit of a prediciment though cause they only have 6 trains. At one time they had 7 but i believe one was removed after the accident.

Trains were dispatching extremely fast and there was usually a hold up at launch where two were there at the same time and one behind the station stopped. So yes, it was amazing. Kudos to the CMs who had to do that!
    They lost purple for a while but is back now and they still have 7 count. Orange is out for refurb now.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Oh yeah, 4 trains on one side is extremely hard from what I've heard... It's like running three on BTMRR.

In terms of capacity, let's look at it this way:

Screamin' is running 6 trains. Assuming they all go out full and don't have the odd one seat trains...

Each train seats 2 people per row with a total of 12 rows, so there is 24 people per train.

2 x 12 x 6 = 144 passengers

Assuming a train is dispatching ever 30 seconds, thats is 144 people out of the station every 180 seconds, or every 3 minutes

That's 144 people out of the station 20 times an hour

144 x 20 = 2,880 people through per hour. Amazing!

BTMRR Trains hold three people per row, making capacity 45 people per train. Realistically, you can only fit about two usually so we will go with two for this purpose...

2 per row x 15 rows x 5 trains = 150 people

Assuming they dispatch about every 30 seconds, thats 150 people through the station in a cycle which is about 150 seconds, or 2.5 minutes.

That means you would get 24 cycles per hour, making capacity with 2 people per row 3,600 people per hour! Wow!

Yes, I know something here is durastically off because pirates and mansion only put through about 2,000 hour and they are continuously loading... probably my dispatch time is wonky but eh
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Future Imagineer! =D

What is this accident I keep hearing about that occred a while back??!
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Future Imagineer! =D

6 trains don't seem very safe to me. When I go on it with just 4 trains it takes forever to finally launch. The last time I went on it we just sat there for like two minutes and then launched out of no where!!! I think they had five trains running that day. Six trains just doesn't seem smart if you ask me. It sounds like they will have more complications
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Future Imagineer <3

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Yes, I know something here is durastically off because pirates and mansion only put through about 2,000 hour and they are continuously loading... probably my dispatch time is wonky but eh
    RCDB.com says that California Screamin' is capable of dispatching a train every 36 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleImagineer View Post
    What is this accident I keep hearing about that occred a while back??!
    'You could hear it coming' - News - OCRegister.com

• Senior Monorail Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    RCDB.com says that California Screamin' is capable of dispatching a train every 36 seconds.
    Ok so I was off a littlle... I wonder if that is with 5 train op or 6 train op though
    WELCOME ABOARD

• Future Imagineer! =D

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post

'You could hear it coming' - News - OCRegister.com
    Yeah, I Googled it after posting that and it refreshed my memory. I remember it being on the news when it happened
    Disney is my life <3
    Future Imagineer <3

• Future Cast Member

I was there the day of the accident, left the park less than ten min. before, didnt realize there was an accident until i got home

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I don't know of any, but I can't see how that would be of use unless the coaster was extremely hard to load and unload and even then a three- station load doesn't seem to make much sense...

There might be one but the only way I could see it be plausible would be if the rollercoaster stopped in more than one place...
    I guess the real problem is getting people to walk the line fast enough. I noticed on indy that the people on the right side of the line at the stairs were taking there time walking, and because of this they did not actually feed the loading team fast enough for them to send out full cars. Entire rows were going unfilled!

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

When I was in the park a few days ago, they were running six trains. I was on one of the green train, and it came to a sudden stop at the brake zone after the bunny hills. At first, I thought he ride broke down, but then I saw that the other trains were still on the move, suddenly, the brakes released, and the train moved very slowly to the final break zone. I think that six trains might be a hassle sometimes for the CMs.
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Senior Monorail Minion

It can be a hassle but the problem is people not loading fast enough. When it comes down to it, the timing with dispatch also seemed to be off...

I was there yesterday and they were running only 5 trains and there were major gaps in the station between trains. They could certainly use 6 trains efficiently.
    WELCOME ABOARD

• Knows Where His Towel Is

I don't know of any, but I can't see how that would be of use unless the coaster was extremely hard to load and unload and even then a three- station load doesn't seem to make much sense...

There might be one but the only way I could see it be plausible would be if the rollercoaster stopped in more than one place...
    Top Thrill Dragster in Cedar Point has four loading stations: 2 for loading and 2 for unloading.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    Top Thrill Dragster in Cedar Point has four loading stations: 2 for loading and 2 for unloading.
    Yea, thats what I was thinking of. I was also wondering if any coasers have a spur track or seperate loading area for those who need assistance or more time getting into the car.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast