Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Re: California Screamin' using 6 train operation

Where are yall picking up this "first LIM" deal with Screamin? It's not even the first Intamin to use that exact type of LIM, the only "new" element to it is the most inefficient and overcomplicated lift hill known to mankind, and for some bizarre reason it didn't even open with magnetic brakes despite the trains being ready for them. Linear Gale and Volcano both opened as Intamin inverted LIM coasters in 1998, and the first Premier spaghetti bowl LIM coaster in 1996. Heck, look across the esplanade and you'll see LIM's on a 1979 coaster.

It is the first and only as far as I know to use liquid cooling. Those misters on the launch aren't just for show.

What, the topic was about 6 trains? Oh right, sounds like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    We are clear that Califronia Screamin' does not use the sae type of launch system as Xcellerator or Top Thrill Dragster, right? All three rides use seperate systems to launch, with CS's being he most reliable and the first rollercoaster in the world to use that method of propulltion...
    Yes dude, I even mentioned that in my other post. But CS was definitely not the first coaster to use LIM's, they had been around for a little while by that point, and on many other rides. Even some by Intamin, as pointed out above.

I do agree that LIM's are much more efficient and reliable, as they have virtually no moving parts. Of course you get weaker acceleration and whatnot, but still it's a great ride.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Quote Originally Posted by dwalls90 View Post
    Yes dude, I even mentioned that in my other post. But CS was definitely not the first coaster to use LIM's, they had been around for a little while by that point, and on many other rides. Even some by Intamin, as pointed out above.

I do agree that LIM's are much more efficient and reliable, as they have virtually no moving parts. Of course you get weaker acceleration and whatnot, but still it's a great ride.
    Excuse me, I should have made myself more clear in saying it was the first to use them as a lift hill, which it was.

Obviously they've been around a while considering they are used on BTMRR, which opened in 1979...
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Excuse me, I should have made myself more clear in saying it was the first to use them as a lift hill, which it was.

Obviously they've been around a while considering they are used on BTMRR, which opened in 1979...
    It really was due to necessity, and using LIM's for a lift hill really isn't that big of a deal, considering many coasters use them as kicker wheels in stations. It was needed because a mechanical lift conflicted with the workings of the LIM system on the underside of the cars. In other words, it wasn't physically possible for a chain lift to be used in combination with the LIM propulsion mechanisms. Hell, there isn't enough room to have kicker wheels (which are cheaper than LIMs), hence the use for LIM's in place of kicker wheels along the break runs and the station. Disney would be one of the few customers who would need such a solution due to the fact of their rides being longer and needing better capacity and reliability.

I mean, sure you can flaunt all you want that using LIM's as a lift is a big deal, but that's some weak record if you ask me. I guess technically, it's a record.

PS just noticed the post above, yes it's interesting they chose liquid cooling in the form of misters, everyone on the ride thought it was part of the ride's experience, as in getting wet! Coaster noobs ... xD

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

If I remember right, the liquid cooling was not original, correct? It was added afterwards... say 2003 or 2005?
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

If I remember right, the liquid cooling was not original, correct? It was added afterwards... say 2003 or 2005?
    I don't know for sure, but judging by earlier POV's, I would guess no.

• 47 SMīs in 2 days baby !

What is the difference between LIMīs (CS) and LSMīs (RRC) ?

Just want to say WELL DONE again to the CM's who make this possible. It is quite a feat to keep all six trains running at once, as the coordination it takes is like a well done ballet. THANK YOU CM'S!!

Quote Originally Posted by dwalls90 View Post
    I don't know for sure, but judging by earlier POV's, I would guess no.
    The little water spurts are hard to see in person unless you look for them, therefore maybe that's why they didn't show up in POV's?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456