Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

California Screamin' using 6 train operation

I know it had been posted a few times before that they were testing 6 trains as it hadn't been done since opening, but I wanted to let anyone who cares know that tonight they had 6 trains running.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Collision speed....FULL!

Re: California Screamin' using 6 train operation

Yeah for capacity!

Oh, that's cool! I have no problem with shorter wait times.
    ap·pur·te·nant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

• Dinka Flinka

Jesus... there must've been some line for that to happen... would love to see how quickly the dispatched.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

This is good news but it already loads so fast, the line must have been huge. Does this mean DCA is catching on?
    Speaking of the trains on Screamin, why are some missing one seat near the rear of the train?

• we jumped out a window

The bigger question is whether the audio was working or not. It hasn't been on my last few trips and at least for me, the lack of the soundtrack makes for a lesser experience.

• Thinking about doughnuts

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    Speaking of the trains on Screamin, why are some missing one seat near the rear of the train?
    It's actually a set near the middle of the green trains. I think it makes it easier for people in wheelchairs (or just people who need some help getting in the train) to get in their seat.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Yay for capacity indeed. It was only a 20 minute wait when I saw it and they didn't even have the extended set up which makes me wonder if it was to see how the public would do with it.

This puts them in a little bit of a prediciment though cause they only have 6 trains. At one time they had 7 but i believe one was removed after the accident.

Trains were dispatching extremely fast and there was usually a hold up at launch where two were there at the same time and one behind the station stopped. So yes, it was amazing. Kudos to the CMs who had to do that!
    WELCOME ABOARD

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Reds audio was a bit funny on our last trip but it worked perfectly during the ride, it just restarted as if we had just blasted off as we pulled into the station. You do not realize how loud that music is until it blasts as your calmly waiting to get off.

• Sock Puppet

It should be noted that 5 trains were running prior to 5pm, at which point Screamin' shut down and was evacuated. When it came back up about an hour later, 6 trains were running (Red, Blue, Purple, Yellow, 2 Green). However, at 8:17 they shut down Screamin' again and evacuated the entire ride - 2 trains on the launch area, 1 in Zone 7, 1 in Zone 8, 1 in Zone 9, and 1 on the Spur side of the station. Screamin' was down for the rest of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    Yay for capacity indeed. It was only a 20 minute wait when I saw it and they didn't even have the extended set up which makes me wonder if it was to see how the public would do with it.

This puts them in a little bit of a prediciment though cause they only have 6 trains. At one time they had 7 but i believe one was removed after the accident.

Trains were dispatching extremely fast and there was usually a hold up at launch where two were there at the same time and one behind the station stopped. So yes, it was amazing. Kudos to the CMs who had to do that!
    Ok yesterday my two little sisters went on Screamin by them selves for the 1st time and guess what!! they got stuck on the top of the lift hill for an hour! They came back from it with tear stains, Screamin should not do that, not untill they can test it and work out all the kinks I know it was an accident but it never happens with 4 cars I mean what's better a longer line or a shorter one thst may or may not work.

• I'm not really here

Wow, congrats to the CMs indeed! 5 train operation on Screamin' dispatches really fast already! I can't imagine what a 6 train dispatch would look like. They must have been flying through the restraint checks.

So with 6 out would it be like this:
    2 in station (1 on either side), 1 stopped outside station waiting to enter, 1 in launch section, 1 stopped between launch and station and 1 on track?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Senior Monorail Minion

I say all for 6 trains. Mistakes happen and thats that. Maybe they shouldn't have gone on the ride by themselves? You can't blame Disney for that.

Kinks obviously need2 to get worked out but I think it went well. It's good to see they are trying to do this again. Remember that 6 trains ran perfectly fine in 2001 so this is not new...

The only thing I did notcie was timing. They seemed to have issues with that. There would be times where 2 trains would be at launch and then other times when there wouldn't be any and then one would come down and immediantly launch. Just a small kink I'm sure they are working out.
    WELCOME ABOARD

• Fireworks Finatic!

It's funny how Magic Mountain seems to never want to even run 2 trains on their coasters.. Here Disney can get 6 going.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by AaronInCal View Post
    It's funny how Magic Mountain seems to never want to even run 2 trains on their coasters.. Here Disney can get 6 going.
    haha this is true....

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast