Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Mortals pay a token fee.

Disney to Host Sleepover in Haunted Mansion

As the Around Disney Blog reports, there will be a Sleepover for four lucky guests inside the Haunted Mansion on August 9th. Sounds like a fun evening and an exciting place!

Disneyland allows guests to sleep in Haunted Mansion - Around Disney - OCRegister.com

Re: Disney to Host Sleepover in Haunted Mansion

umm...a bitt much, no??

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

OMG I could only wish...

Creepy...

I wonder if the ghost of the little boy who's mother dumped his ashes onto the ride will come up and haunt them?

In fact, there's several tales of real haunting cast members have reported at the Haunted Mansion. I dunno if I'd really wanna spend the night there. I've dealt with real haunted houses before, it's not fun I can tell you that.
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

• Larger Than (After)Life

Quote Originally Posted by JamesDusenberry View Post
    I dunno if I'd really wanna spend the night there. I've dealt with real haunted houses before, it's not fun I can tell you that.
    And I've had quite the opposite experience.

• Nothin's gonna stop us!

Quote Originally Posted by The article
    Four brave souls are scheduled to spend the night in Disneyland’s chamber with no windows and no doors.

Beds will be set up in an elevator at the entrance of the ride, said Roxane Requio, KLOS’ manager of marketing and promotions. That’s the chamber that visitors first enter in the attraction. The room stretches as guests descend to the bottom where they walk to the “doom” buggies. The narrator announces: “This chamber has no windows, and no doors. Which offers you this chilling challenge: to find a way out!”

During the 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. Mark and Brian show since July 20, contestants have called in when the deejays announce “Kids Break,” Requio said. Children under 12 years old get on the air by performing a talent, like singing or telling jokes. Everyone who gets on the air wins a four-person pass to Disneyland. The last day is Friday. Then, radio staff members will pick the top five or 10 performers and put them on the station’s Web site, where viewers can vote for their favorites. The overnight-stay winner will be picked Tuesday.

“The Haunted Mansion is 40 years old and, like any building its age, it may be full of creaks and other eerie noises throughout the night,” according to Himmelberg. “The guests may also be visited by the ‘occupants’ of the Haunted Mansion.”
    So, wait- they're going to have four kids under 12 spend the night in the Stretching Room? Without their parents? And does that last line mean they're gonna send in someone covered in a sheet to scare 'em? Surely that isn't the case...
    Last edited by Garfieldo; 07-30-2009 at 03:50 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by Garfieldo View Post
    So, wait- they're going to have four kids under 12 spend the night in the Stretching Room? Without their parents? And does that last line mean they're gonna send in someone covered in a sheet to scare 'em? Surely that isn't the case...
    I'm guessing there will be only 1 winner that can have their family (up to four) stay. As to the scaring them, it'll probably be some some sort of a meet and greet. Of course if they wanted to really scare them they could just have Ed Grier stop by.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Garfieldo View Post

Not unless they want to get sued...

Yeah, a meet and greet is the likely scenario. Photo ops of a lifetime!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    Of course if they wanted to really scare them they could just have Ed Grier stop by.
    hahahahahahaha that's too awesome.

• Disneylander

I think I'd rather spend the night in the Dream Suite.

• 387 Miles from Disneyland

Wonder what they'll do if they have to use the facilities in the middle of the night!

• hatbox ghost believer

to say I'm jealous of the kids that win is an understatement. As a child (and a grown-up), I have always wanted to live that mansion. No fair! no fair! No fair!
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

• Banned User

omg i would love to do this but i hope they steam clean those carpets before letting people sleep on them! lol

• Fortuosity!

Dang, I'd like to have a sleepover in The Haunted Mansion (and bring some Smartfood, a TV and a copy of The Watcher in the Woods on DVD for example). I think it would be good, spooky fun!

As for any ghost it's probably a meet and greet like other have already said.
    I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

• Addicted to MC since '08

I don't think that staying in the Stretching room would be all that exciting however. I know that there are few places other that that would be available to sleep at though.

I would love to sleep in the ballroom or graveyard, however the ballroom would not work due to the revealing of the Pepper's Ghost mechanism and the graveyard would not work due to the amount of props and such in that room.

What if they rested the Portrait chamber on the lowest level and then opened the doors revealing the hallway. A temporary constuction-esque wall could be placed just to the right of the busts to keep the guests from moving out to the loading area and wandering into the ride itself.

At least if those two areas were opened the lucky winners would be able to "explore" to an extent and not feel cramped in a 20x20 ft. room all night...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast