Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Indy Update

• Sock Puppet

Indy Update

Please let me know if any of you have noticed these changes lately...

Rode Indy a few times today (7/29) and the first few rides were the same as they've been for who knows how long, however my last ride of the night - right at midnight - was quite different. The vehicle had a completely different profile with a different dialogue track throughout. Also, the vehicle did not stop where the other vehicles I've been on have always stopped. Instead of breaking down in the dark before the rats falling off of the branch bit, we flew right through that with no pause and stopped at the darts and the vehicle did a sort of "building up courage" bit before plowing through that corridor. The stall points that I can remember were falling rocks (right after the steps down into main show room), bridge, snake, and right after mudslide. The vehicle definitely had different programming with some rougher sections. It was a fantastic and welcome change to the quite stale version....

Oh, and the finale/boulder's moving ceiling/wall is still broken.

•   

Re: Indy Update

The ride needs to be seriously rehabbed. So much is wrong that it takes to long to list all the things that are not working properly. I hope they take this ride down for at least 6 months. It needs it badly.

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoAl View Post
    The ride needs to be seriously rehabbed. So much is wrong that it takes to long to list all the things that are not working properly. I hope they take this ride down for at least 6 months. It needs it badly.
    I'll second that motion!
    Matthew

• Dreaming of Disney...

I needs a major refurb. I don't understand why Disney doesn't see that. It breaks down ever hour and a half. And half the time there are major things like the wall and sometimes the bolder it's self that are not working.

• Disneyman

Quote Originally Posted by Disguy1955 View Post
    I needs a major refurb. I don't understand why Disney doesn't see that. It breaks down ever hour and a half. And half the time there are major things like the wall and sometimes the bolder it's self that are not working.
    I agree, so long as they don't do a refurb when I'm there.
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by color View Post

Rode Indy a few times today (7/29) and the first few rides were the same as they've been for who knows how long, however my last ride of the night - right at midnight - was quite different. The vehicle had a completely different profile with a different dialogue track throughout.
    How was the dialog track different? Just wondering. Thanks!

• Knows Where His Towel Is

The dialogue track is always different, and I'm pretty sure I also experienced the "building up courage" thing that you pointed out on my last trip.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• starhorse

I had no idea the ride was in need of refurbishment that badly. I last rode it in late March and didn't notice anything off. Oh well, now that I have my AP back I guess I'll have more chances to pay attention...
    carrying bottled skies around
    twitter.com/equustel

Me too, I rode it last night and nothing was wrong, I think except for the creepiest thing happen, the part were your in the hall with the skeltons that blast stuff at you the guys behind me poked me! HOLY CRAP! I screamed so loud! They did the same thing to me friend, has anyone ever had that happen to you?

I have experienced several different sequences on the Indy ride. Some involve different things that Indy says/different stalling points, etc. I've heard that the ride is computerized to always give guests a different experience every time, however, the changes can be so minimal they can go unnoticed. I found this fact confirmed on hiddenmickeys.org:

On the Indiana Jones Adventure there is (believe it or not) nearly 160,000 different things that can happen and that are programed into the rides computers. Each of the 16 troop transport vehicles has its own on-board ride control and audio system, allowing it to create the ride combinations. These can range from a small bump from hydraulics, to a flashing light, to a burst of fire.

That might account for some of the differences you experienced. As for refurbishing the attraction, I've only had one big malfunction happen while riding. Our jeep's audio track worked...but the hydraulics didn't! No bumps, no jerks, no crazy whip-lash, no fun! Also, our jeep's lights were on full blast and lit up everything. However, the CM's were on it. They had us step out of our jeep when we returned to the loading area and put us right back onto the next one for another trip through the temple. This time, everything worked as usual!

• We Go On.

Sometimes effects work, sometimes they don't. The most disappointing for me is when the narration in the beginning is "You have chosen wisely, this path leads through timeless youth and beauty.." and you enter the middle door, but the lighting in the room is set on what it should be with the narration.

Name an effect in that ride, there is something wrong with it. It is most likely the best ride in the U.S, but Disney, at the moment, is too cheap too close it down and give it some love.

Last time I rode it, there was a serious back up of transports throughout the ride. Jeeps were basically waiting their turn to swerve into the boulder scene (which isn't working again, most likely a rail change). I have also experienced the short stall before the dart room. I like this stop much more since it seems as if the driver is hesitating to go down the corridor in case of booby traps.

To make a long story short, Indy is getting worse and worse every day and if Disney doesn't do anything about it the average guest will start to actually notice and/or care.

EDIT: I also noticed the dialouge has not been synced to the correct door, either. That is very unusual you heard a different track other than "the brakes need some adjusting, easy on the curves/earthly riches."

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by BrittniHannaJones View Post
    I have experienced several different sequences on the Indy ride. Some involve different things that Indy says/different stalling points, etc. I've heard that the ride is computerized to always give guests a different experience every time, however, the changes can be so minimal they can go unnoticed. I found this fact confirmed on hiddenmickeys.org:

On the Indiana Jones Adventure there is (believe it or not) nearly 160,000 different things that can happen and that are programed into the rides computers. Each of the 16 troop transport vehicles has its own on-board ride control and audio system, allowing it to create the ride combinations. These can range from a small bump from hydraulics, to a flashing light, to a burst of fire.

That might account for some of the differences you experienced. As for refurbishing the attraction, I've only had one big malfunction happen while riding. Our jeep's audio track worked...but the hydraulics didn't! No bumps, no jerks, no crazy whip-lash, no fun! Also, our jeep's lights were on full blast and lit up everything. However, the CM's were on it. They had us step out of our jeep when we returned to the loading area and put us right back onto the next one for another trip through the temple. This time, everything worked as usual!
    The random programming used to work but since they had those lawsuits all the sequences except for 2 were removed. Back in 1995 when the attraction was new it would be different every time you would ride and some of the sequences were extremely rough and fun. They limited it so the attraction would be less likely to hurt sensitive people, personally I think they ruined it. What the OP experienced was the second program that isn't used unless the jeep has a huge gap between the car ahead to make up time; that's why the jeep didn't stop in the dark tunnel.

When it was reprogrammed the jeeps leaned less and jerking movements were eliminated. The dialogue however still randomly changes from jeep to jeep.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 07-30-2009 at 01:22 PM.

• Cars Land Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by color View Post

Rode Indy a few times today (7/29) and the first few rides were the same as they've been for who knows how long, however my last ride of the night - right at midnight - was quite different. The vehicle had a completely different profile with a different dialogue track throughout. Also, the vehicle did not stop where the other vehicles I've been on have always stopped. Instead of breaking down in the dark before the rats falling off of the branch bit, we flew right through that with no pause and stopped at the darts and the vehicle did a sort of "building up courage" bit before plowing through that corridor. The stall points that I can remember were falling rocks (right after the steps down into main show room), bridge, snake, and right after mudslide. The vehicle definitely had different programming with some rougher sections. It was a fantastic and welcome change to the quite stale version....

Oh, and the finale/boulder's moving ceiling/wall is still broken.
    I was at the park last night, but skipped riding Indy because of the line. Not that I doubt there are probably several things that need to be fixed, but isn't this ride designed to have several random points throughout the attraction. When it first opened, we were told the ride should be different every time you ride it.

• Future Cast Member

i've ridden it back-to-back before(when there was no line), and the experience has been different every time. It's one of those rides that is never the same, just some details are hard to notice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast