• Murphy Lover

Question Toy Story Mania & Young kids

Hey all, Sorry that its been so long since I have been on.. I've been super busy. I have been stalking the boards and reading. But I had a question for you all.

My son is almost 2 and HE LOVES Buzz Lightyear and we have done Astroblasters a bunch of times, But I wanted to know about Toy story mania. Do you have wear glasses? He can't keep them on long enough thru a whole ride. I have seen lil children go thru the line but I wanted to know can my son still go it at such a young age?

HELP.

THANKS,
    Jennifer
    Jennifer
    http://www.facebook.com/cadensmama
    Disneyland Cast Member - Class of 2006 - January 2006 - July 2006 Fanstasyland Stores Lead

• Sock Puppet

Re: Toy Story Mania & Young kids

Yes, to fully enjoy and participate in the ride, you have to wear the 3-D glasses.

Or you can just sit there and look at blurry screens throughout the ride...

And I would imagine that the avg 2 y/o would get tired (or bored) with pulling the string (trigger) of the "gun" for the entire ride as well (not to mention the possibility of not being tall enough to reach it in the first place).

My family went about a month ago and our youngest was 2 1/2. He loved this ride and had no problem with the glasses. If you're sure the glasses will be an issue, the screens will be blurry, but if yours is anything like mine, he'll enjoy the ride at his own pace (i.e. glasses will go on and off and he'll enjoy the experience). We went several times and it really wasn't a problem---for what it's worth.

• Zephyr Pilot

Wearing the glass upside-down can work better for smaller children.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Krillinish View Post
    Wearing the glass upside-down can work better for smaller children.
    But wouldn't that make everything move backwards...?

Sounds counter-intuitive and disorienting - I'll have to try it.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Future Imagineer! =D

I think he would love this ride. He'll be so busy trying to shoot targets that he'll forget to take his glasses off during the ride and even if he does then blurry screens are no problem. My mom is blind in one eye which means she can't see in 3-D but she always ends up getting one of the highest scores out of everyone in our family. It's a really fun ride. Try it once and if he doesn't like it then you don't have to go on it again. I personally love the ride!
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Future Cast Member

My brother started going on Toy sTory Mania since he was one, a couple months be4 his 2nd bday. He uses the gun and everything, he actually gets pretty good scores. If he sees you shooting, he'll probably pick it up quickly, especially since he allready goes on Buzz

• Murphy Lover

Wow, thanks everyone.!!! When my pass is un blocked, Im going to take him to DCA to see the electrical parade again and then we will make a stop at Toy Story mania.. Im really excited to ride it.
    Jennifer
    http://www.facebook.com/cadensmama
    Disneyland Cast Member - Class of 2006 - January 2006 - July 2006 Fanstasyland Stores Lead

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cadensmama07 View Post
    Wow, thanks everyone.!!! When my pass is un blocked, Im going to take him to DCA to see the electrical parade again and then we will make a stop at Toy Story mania.. Im really excited to ride it.
    Have fun! If he doesnt get it the first time, I'd recommend going on again, if the line isnt too long. When we went, the ride hadnt officially opened yet, so the line was average sized, and we went on six times, and came back the next day and went on more. My brother loves it, and he wears the glasses, too. If he allready likes Toy Story, or even if he just likes interactive games, he should wear them. My brother is fidgety with glasses in 3d movies and stuff, but on TSMM he forgets about them because he's just trying to shoot, even though he doesnt aim, he loves it. This attraction really showcases the magic of disney, because its fun for all ages, and noone gets left out.