• Banned User

360 degrees of Disney

I wish they would bring back some sort of Circle-vision to Disneyland or DCA. To me it was classic Disney and a unique style of entertainment. Although I feel like we have had our fill of film based attraction, I would make an exception for this. Bring the format back to one of the two parks. Maybe in DCA in the new Carthay Circle Theater, featuring a Circlevision show about Walt Disney. Since Golden Dreams is now gone, do another film based attraction of California - California the Beautiful? Sure, this is not some blow your socks of E Ticket style attraction but brings back classic Disney to the California resort, would not cost too much and has the potential to be changed on a regular basis (remember how the American Journeys would switch out with Wonders of China in the middle of the day).

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Re: 360 degrees of Disney

This is the first awesome idea I have heard of for the Carthay Cirle Theater. So much better than a private club. Also this was my favorite attraction at DL growing up!
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

• Banned User

I was thinking an all new Circle-Vision about Walt Disney, the Disney Co, etc. And include a segment of a totally CGI 360 degree eye level walk through of Disneyland, July 1955.

Plus Disney has a whole library of all ready made Circle-Vision movies. Play the main new Disney 360 movie during the day and in the evenings, like they did with World Premiere Circle-Vision, switch it out to one of the movies already made. It would be cool to see Wonders of China again, or American Journeys or even the original America the Beautiful.

Then after a few years, create another 360 film, this one showing all of California (think of it as the film replacement of Golden Dreams). They could switch these movies back and forth all the time and keep things new. If I remember, there was only about 2 hours down town at World Premiere Circle Vision back in the 80s when they featured 2 movies and would switch the films out. So bam! Two attractions, 1 location, half of it is already paid for, made and sitting there waiting to be viewed by a whole new group of people.

• We Go On.

This is the best idea I've heard in a while. It makes perfect sense, it's Cirlcle Vision for a Circle theater, and it sounds like it would be something really worth seeing.

• Future Cast Member

I agree. Have you been to the animation building in DCA? I love the screens there. I especially love a toy story sequence when the dachsund comes in and runs around the whole room, and it actually is running around you, it's so cool!

• We Want The Redhead

I actually saw the auto that makes the 'street level' photo maps for Google tooling around Los Angeles last year. It looked exactly (well, a later model car) like the auto Disney designed for making the old Circarama films. Once again, Disney was decades ahead of their time.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• back in Austin

This is not a bad idea: combining old and new. It would be fun to get to see the original Circarama movies again, as well as new ones created just for the new theater.

The only strike against it is that it doesn't stick to the 20s-30s theme of the entrance, although I'm not sure that whatever else Disney does with it is going to fit any better.

I always loved the CircleVision movies, and I still hate the fact that they are no longer an attraction at Disneyland. Bring 'em back!

There are some GREAT ideas here...since they are making changes to CA Adventure... the Carthay Circle a great fit for a movie theater ...this would be a chance to see the old films again and something new about CA would be ideal ! thanks for the post !

• Banned User

With Golden Dreams gone, there is no attraction dealing with the history of California. Soar'in shows you some of California. But bringing back a famous Disney icon type attraction like Circle-Vision would be a perfect fit in the Carthay Circle Theater while taking what would be a regular, boring film to the next level.

• Minion

At first i was timid to the idea but after reading it would be really fun. Maybe throw in some new age technology like sits that you sit in and a platform raises you all the way to the screens and they have a big overhead screen that resembles the sky or whats above you that way you are completely in the middle.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!