• Tech in Training

The Carthay Circle Club concept rethought

This idea was brought up a while back, with the idea of having the exclusive club in the Theater building. From reading all of the responses, it seemed that the idea wasn't what people had issues with, it was the fact that it occupied the entire building, which meant that most visitors would not be able to ever get inside. I was thinking about this today, and thought why not just have the club on the second level of the building. Then there would be able to be an area on the first level of the building for everyone and then an exclusive club area that like Club 33, most people wouldn't know about because the entrance would be a discrete entrance akin to Club 33's.

http://www.obe-mediaone.com/images/n...A_EXPNSN-3.jpg

From the concept art (and yes, I know it's just concept art) but there appears to be second level height windows that would work well to keep light in, and give great views.

My only worry is that the first level could seem a little small and low if they designed it badly, and people wouldn't get the feel of a theater, though they could aim for something completely different for that building.

If they created it to have higher ceilings, though , both levels could work magnificently, and it would create another great exclusive club, but wouldn't take away from the experience of the Theater for the average visitor.

I would love input on this idea. Any criticisms or alternate ideas would be great. Thanks.

• Fantasmic! Fanatic

Re: The Carthay Circle Club concept rethought

I think that is a great idea and a good location. It also looks like there is room for a balcony in front of those second story windows. That would be a nice location for viewing the parades.

• Banned User

the Carthay Circle idea is totally not necessary. the concerns with DCA's attendance have to do with the fact it is half the size of DL at the same price. it just needs more rides like it is receiving now. Also, making the entrance look like the Florida studios is also a mistake. the murals and giant California letters are iconic and fun. a new entrance will create no more ticket sales.

• Sock Puppet

Wasn't this poor horse already beaten to death in the other thread???

• Banned User

Ugh, I hate it when MCers don't give Disney enough credit. Just wondering, who here thinks that Disney is ACTUALLY stupid enough to make the icon a private members only club?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Ugh, I hate it when MCers don't give Disney enough credit.
    How much credit is "enough" credit?

And who is to decide when we "MCers" have given Disney enough of it, or not enough, or too much?

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Just wondering, who here thinks that Disney is ACTUALLY stupid enough to make the icon a private members only club?
    I do, for one.

And really, it wouldn't be any stupider than some stupid things Disney has done before -- or, for those of a Disney-supporter persuasion, any smarter than the smart things they've done before.

Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 08-08-2009 at 06:36 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler