Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Fireworks Finatic!

Re: Disneyland Hikes Ticket Prices on Sunday

Probably because the way things are now, very few people actually buy a regular one-day ticket. A lot of people have multi-day tickets or vacation packages, which are cheaper. Then there has been the Summer Fun pass this year for $99, which breaks down to $33 a day for each park. Disney will still have deals like that going on because of the economy and to make sure attendance does not take a dive. But they will still bring in more money with the higher AP prices and those who do buy just one day regular tickets. I would think as long as their attendance figures do not take a huge drop, they will continue the annual raising of prices. Even so, I remember when they only raised them $1 a time. How many more years until it is $100 for a one-day, one-park ticket?

The $20 renewal discount probably will not change. I would bet they factored that into the $40 increase for Premium passes.

• Banned User

I knew this was going to happen but hey, that's life, I guess. I guess a Premium AP is out of the question for now. $429????????

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Pretty stupid to raise the one-day ticket prices during this economic downswing...
    If an extra $3 is going to make a difference for someone visiting Disneyland, they really should not be going to Disneyland.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    With the financing option I expected large increases. Althout I thought the So Cal APs would go up by more than they did.

I am wondering if there will be increased black-outs for Deluxe and SO Cal AP. I would not be surprised if Disneyland stops selling SO Cal passes in 2010.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by plagued View Post
    wouldn't do it for me. i like having a Deluxe AP because it's pretty much an Annual Pass with a built-in Warning for the days that would be too busy to enjoy the park otherwise because it blocks them out (more or less).

and THANK YOU to the OP for this info, had a lot of people inquiring me for it.
    Well, that used to be the case but apparently isn't true this summer. It looks like "off season" now is whenever APs are blocked out.
    (no, I'm not complaining about APers)
    I think maybe Disney didn't factor in the free birthday promo. when they decided that because attendance is up at DL, that meant they could raise admission prices. Attendance is up due to a number of factors like people staying close to home and visiting DL instead of taking a vacation elsewhere. But the birthday promo had to affect attendance numbers in a big way. I have seen a huge number of people with birthday buttons, and they all bring friends and family with them. So the birthday promo ends, the economy keeps people from buying or renewing at the higher rate and attendance drops.
    Bone-headed DL Executives. If only we could stack them like logs and have a bonfire.

• Sock Puppet

Well, with the success of the finance plan for AP's, raising the AP prices was a sure bet. Just one more reason that they were a bad idea from the start (unless you're Disney). But our stocks are still in the toilet!

Disney knows that folks that finance their stuff (TV's, cars, sofa's, and even their lunch at McD's-via credit card) usually don't worry about the total amount paid, just the monthly payment. It's a proven FACT!

And hey, it has become the American way!!!

Is there any wonder that the bankruptcy courts and foreclosures are at an all-time high??? (hint: rhetorical question...)

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

What about the park hopper? Does it vanish into thin air or does that get a price change too?

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    Well, with the success of the finance plan for AP's, raising the AP prices was a sure bet.
    Unfortunately, the finance plan did nothing for us out-of-town AP holders. So now we get hit with a big price increase *and* can't pay by installments.

• Future Cast Member

Are the monthly payments gonna go up, too? D=

• Picturing the Magic

Wow, I knew a price hike was coming...but really?!?! $40 more to the AP!! That is a crazy jump. Thank god I renewed in June. Great Job!

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

• Shag lover

Quote Originally Posted by madoka View Post
    Unfortunately, the finance plan did nothing for us out-of-town AP holders. So now we get hit with a big price increase *and* can't pay by installments.
    7% is not a "big price increase" (AP - PAP is 10% increase).

I still don't get why Disney hasn't at least done the intelligent thing by not allowing PAP or DAP to be financed. They also should increase the California AP's significantly - judging from the "How much do you spend per trip" thread, the locals are paying for basically only 2~ one day tickets AND they contribute to the general maintenance costs AND they increase foot traffic/crowds AND take up spots in the parking structure BUT they don't produce significant revenue for the park other than a minor outlay for the pass.

Who's running the finance team? The Country Bears?
    Coming on a whirlwind trip 12/4 and 12/5 just to see the holiday decorations. Hope the park isn't too full of spoiled mall-goers to enjoy!

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by tikicub View Post
    7% is not a "big price increase" (AP - PAP is 10% increase).

I still don't get why Disney hasn't at least done the intelligent thing by not allowing PAP or DAP to be financed. They also should increase the California AP's significantly - judging from the "How much do you spend per trip" thread, the locals are paying for basically only 2~ one day tickets AND they contribute to the general maintenance costs AND they increase foot traffic/crowds AND take up spots in the parking structure BUT they don't produce significant revenue for the park other than a minor outlay for the pass.

Who's running the finance team? The Country Bears?
    They also buy plenty of overpriced food and merchandise.

Believe me, Disneyland benefits from the locals.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by tikicub View Post
    I still don't get why Disney hasn't at least done the intelligent thing by not allowing PAP or DAP to be financed.

They also should increase the California AP's significantly

Simple finance 101...

Disney knows that they will sell X amount of AP's each year and they hope to sell even more (which they are!).

Which do you think they would want to sell? A cheap So-Cal AP or the pricier PAP?

By offering the finance plan, Disney knows that folks will shout, "CHARGE IT!!!" when it comes time to get their AP's. And those AP's will more than likely be DAP's or PAP's, since they are "easily affordable" on the finance plan.

And guests have fallen for it hook, line and sinker. Consumers are way too predictable...

For Disney, it's all about the revenue/cash flow. With the finance plan, the suits at Disney are laughing all the way to the bank.

For now...

• Shag lover

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post

Heh, you really think so?
    Isn't a good portion of this board's existence about how to avoid crowds, maximize ride times, and spending the least amount of money possible?
    Coming on a whirlwind trip 12/4 and 12/5 just to see the holiday decorations. Hope the park isn't too full of spoiled mall-goers to enjoy!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post

Yes, most of the merchandise that you can see selling cheaper at WalMart, Target, etc (i.e. Disney DVDs, CDs,) Whatever happened to DLR exclusive items like in the old days?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast