Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Re: Disneyland Hikes Ticket Prices on Sunday

It's going to be interesting to see if attendance drops significantly once the birthday promotion ends.
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• Proud US Navy Wife

This is really hurting now.. Man.. We finally got the 69 dollars needed to go for a day in the parks and were starting on parking and now this.. I wanted to be able to go one more time before my DH shipped out to boot camp.. Looks like it wont happen.

• Future Cast Member

DH? whats that?

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-SmallWorld CM View Post
    Yes, most of the merchandise that you can see selling cheaper at WalMart, Target, etc (i.e. Disney DVDs, CDs,) Whatever happened to DLR exclusive items like in the old days?
    Actually, there are plenty DLR exclusive items.

Just look inside Disneyana. I am an Olszewski collector and most if not all of his items in that shop cannot be found anywhere off disney property.

Also, Vinylmations are park exclusive. The 9" ones aren't even available at the online store.

Quote Originally Posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
    DH? whats that?
    Disneyland Hotel

Just a random note - the birthday promotion is one of the biggest crowd boosters in that most everyone likes to spend their birthday with family and friends. Unfortunately for them, they have to pay while the birthday boy/girl is the only one in the party that enters free. In the end, this means more money and admission towards Disney.

• Future Cast Member

Yeah, I have tons of DLR exclusive stuff. I have almost the whole retro disneyland line. I have the sweater, the wallet, the bag, etc. DLR has a lot of exclusive things, i think theres like a seal or something for them.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    It would have made more sense if they simply did not allow the purchase of either on a monthly plan. This would ensure that even if people got AP's "on the cheap" they would be held to the blackout dates.

If they wished to upgrade to Deluxe or PAP then they would need to pay off the AP entirely first.

You are making TOO MUCH SENSE!!!

And yes, I agree. If you want to play with the big dogs, then you need to pay the piper...

But alas, as I have already thrown my (non-borrowed) two cents into the discussion, the fine folks at Disney know how to get more money out of the guests without them even realizing it.

As Wilma and Betty used to say, "CHARGE IT!!!"...

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
    DH? whats that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post

Disneyland Hotel

I thought DH stood for Dear Husband???

And Disneyland Hotel was DLH???

• Queen Elsa

Well I only need now $132.00 to save up now except $100.00. As of now I have $277.00 for my PAP of $429.00 take off $20.00 and that leave $409.00. And here I though next week when I got pay would do it but no I got to get it in the next 2 to 3 weeks. And my is up in Dec.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by tikicub View Post
    Isn't a good portion of this board's existence about how to avoid crowds, maximize ride times, and spending the least amount of money possible?

In more than a few examples, it would sure seem that way.

But hey, whatever gets them into the Park!

As I have said before, not EVERYONE wants to (or has to) do DL on the cheap...

That disproportionate increase for Premium = Ouch. I was considering upgrading to premium when I renew in October, if I have the finaicial means for it. Add to this I most likely won't be a SoCaler anymore so no monthly payments, I'll probably go with deluxe instead.

This is especially true for those non-SoCalers who make enough multi-day trips (and stay in hotels, don't take as much parking space, etc) to warrant having APs. Maybe, if anyone should be able to make monthly payments, it's them.

• Queen Elsa

I really don't know how many more years I can do this. Send I only been working 1 day a week and for only 4 hours. I've been trying to fine other jobs and having no luck on getting anywhere.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    They also buy plenty of overpriced food and merchandise.

Believe me, Disneyland benefits from the locals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    Well I only need now $132.00 to save up now except $100.00. As of now I have $277.00 for my PAP of $429.00 take off $20.00 and that leave $409.00. And here I though next week when I got pay would do it but no I got to get it in the next 2 to 3 weeks. And my is up in Dec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    I really don't know how many more years I can do this. Send I only been working 1 day a week and for only 4 hours. I've been trying to fine other jobs and having no luck on getting anywhere.
    I feel your pain, Captain Hook, believe me!

Interesting stuff. My wife and I have decided that we would be purchasing our first APs this year. We're from Northern Cal so we'll do the premium pass in order to allow us weekend access. The question I have for all of you is can I buy the pass online at the cheaper rate now despite the fact we wont be able to make it down there until a month or so from now? I know I can buy them. What I would really like to know is when the start and expiration date would be. Is it when you purchase the pass or when you activate it by entering the park?
    If you liked the above posting then my name is Joel. If you didnt my name is Julie and I work on the monorail.

Ok I am sure this has been addressed. BUT my pass isnt up for another month. Will they let me renew early? What if I got the costco deal? I will actually be there this weekend, and dont have another trip planned for abit..

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

The beauty of my expiration date, is I always get to renew right before the next price hike. Seriously- I just sent in my renewal two days ago. It'll suck having to pay more, but between saving my birthday fun card, as well as other sources of "free" money, it won't be as bad as it could be. And, I think it is a good thing to raise the AP prices and try to thin out that crowd. You can count on me continuing to by my pass.

The only thing I'm really peeved with, is that for $70 more, you can have a WDW Annual Passport, which is good for 4 parks, free parking, no blockout dates and a few discounts. Seriously- why haven't their prices gone up like ours have? It's not fair (but, of course, who ever said this was going to be fair?).

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast