Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 163
  1. #91

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,387

    Re: Disneyland Tickets and APs increased!

    They do this every year... aahhh

  2. #92

    • e komo mai
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    4,362

    Re: Disneyland Hikes Ticket Prices on Sunday

    I wonder if there is going to be a big rush to renew or purchase Premium Passes today...

  3. #93

    • Mortals pay a token fee.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Disneyland, CA
    Posts
    697

    Re: Disneyland Hikes Ticket Prices on Sunday

    Before I begin... NEWS! Costco passes will continue to be sold for the same price until 8/31 (The $269 pass with the $50 Gift Card). This pass MUST be redeemed by 10/31, or you forfeit the Gift Card. I'll add this to the OP too...

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleImagineer View Post
    They know they can get away with price increases on food because it is a necessity and most people will choose not to leave the park for food and tourists who rode a plane over will probably not be able to bring food into the park
    Actually, they know they can only get away to a certain extent. In Florida, you'll find that prices on beverages are MUCH cheaper, because the average guest saw the price and said "forget it." This caused a lot of heat strokes and other health problems in the parks, because people were not drinking. Since people were not drinking because of the high prices, Disney was forced to lower the cost of their drinks. Disney just knows that Southern Californians are more likely to spend money...


    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    Like it hasn't happened EVERY year??? Please. It's expected, just like the sun coming up each morning.
    It's only happened every year since 2001 (twice in '05), so yes, it is a bit frustrating for people that have been buying passes much longer. Can't they take a bit of a break? Especially when the consumer is down...

    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    And as far as the economy goes, with record numbers at the entry turnstiles
    Hasn't been record breaking... very slow this year actually for tourists, and turnstyles may only be clicking whenever all the APs aren't blacked out, which isn't making them money.

    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    There really is no free lunch!
    I really don't think I've heard that saying since Sophomore year of High School.... But you're right, I was disappointed when I first heard about the Birthday promotion because I knew that everyone else was going to have to pay for it. For profit businesses can't give away anything for "free." When you go to Jack in the Box for those promotions Darkbeer always tells us about, other customers are paying for those tacos in raised costs on the other products...

    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    If folks don't like the price increases, then they can vote with their dollars and not go! But despite the "threats" of that happening, in MOST cases, that is just folks blowing off steam.
    I wouldn't be too sure about that... As someone just above me mentioned, a lot of families have passes, and that is a very hard thing to do with these price increases. Imagine a family of 5 all has PAPs. That's an additional $200 a year for that family. That's an insurance payment, food for a week, back to school clothes for Johnny. I don't know about you, but Disney is a luxury that is easily dropped off before other household needs. I'm currently working with a family like this, and I'm hoping they can get APs before this price increase.

    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    I can just hear it now. "Sorry little Johnny, but since DL raised their prices by $3 we just can't afford to go anymore. Let's go to the zoo instead. You'll like it better anyway! You'll see!"
    I've heard it before from parents, and I'm sure I'll hear it again. I've known parents to get APs to the zoo before, because Disney APs were too expensive. Heck, I remember when Disney APs went over $100 and I couldn't afford it anymore. Stopped for 5 years, but then got a much better paying job. Sure, I'm came running back in the end, but that 5 years missing? As mentioned in the "How much do you spend" thread, I spend about $3500/year at the parks. Imagine a few hundred people that did the same as I for 5 years. Big hit to Disney.

  4. #94

    • Mortals pay a token fee.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Disneyland, CA
    Posts
    697

    Re: Disneyland Hikes Ticket Prices on Sunday

    Also, just called Disney and they said that if you buy a pass/ticket online today, it will still be honored at the parks for many months in the future. You will not have to pay the upgrade when you visit the park.

  5. #95

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    552

    Re: Disneyland Hikes Ticket Prices on Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimGrinner View Post
    Before I begin... NEWS! Costco passes will continue to be sold for the same price until 8/31 (The $269 pass with the $50 Gift Card). This pass MUST be redeemed by 10/31, or you forfeit the Gift Card. I'll add this to the OP too...



    Actually, they know they can only get away to a certain extent. In Florida, you'll find that prices on beverages are MUCH cheaper, because the average guest saw the price and said "forget it." This caused a lot of heat strokes and other health problems in the parks, because people were not drinking. Since people were not drinking because of the high prices, Disney was forced to lower the cost of their drinks. Disney just knows that Southern Californians are more likely to spend money...




    It's only happened every year since 2001 (twice in '05), so yes, it is a bit frustrating for people that have been buying passes much longer. Can't they take a bit of a break? Especially when the consumer is down...



    Hasn't been record breaking... very slow this year actually for tourists, and turnstyles may only be clicking whenever all the APs aren't blacked out, which isn't making them money.



    I really don't think I've heard that saying since Sophomore year of High School.... But you're right, I was disappointed when I first heard about the Birthday promotion because I knew that everyone else was going to have to pay for it. For profit businesses can't give away anything for "free." When you go to Jack in the Box for those promotions Darkbeer always tells us about, other customers are paying for those tacos in raised costs on the other products...



    I wouldn't be too sure about that... As someone just above me mentioned, a lot of families have passes, and that is a very hard thing to do with these price increases. Imagine a family of 5 all has PAPs. That's an additional $200 a year for that family. That's an insurance payment, food for a week, back to school clothes for Johnny. I don't know about you, but Disney is a luxury that is easily dropped off before other household needs. I'm currently working with a family like this, and I'm hoping they can get APs before this price increase.



    I've heard it before from parents, and I'm sure I'll hear it again. I've known parents to get APs to the zoo before, because Disney APs were too expensive. Heck, I remember when Disney APs went over $100 and I couldn't afford it anymore. Stopped for 5 years, but then got a much better paying job. Sure, I'm came running back in the end, but that 5 years missing? As mentioned in the "How much do you spend" thread, I spend about $3500/year at the parks. Imagine a few hundred people that did the same as I for 5 years. Big hit to Disney.

    Good points.

    Disney should eliminate the So Cal AP pass and SO Cal Select Pass programs all together. Offer 2 passholder progat,s: the Deluxe and the Premium and that is it. Also if a Deluxe passholder wants to gain admission on a black-out day - charge them the full purchase of a one day ticket not $40 which is about 60% of cost of a one day ticket.

    Back in the 1980s and 1990s..there were only 2 passholder programs available plus a Senior Passholder that allows those 60 and up admission to the park from September through June. I think this is what Disney is moving toward.
    I would not be suprised if the So Cal programs are gone in 2010.
    Last edited by JoeCool; 08-01-2009 at 01:07 PM.

  6. #96

    • Future Imagineer! =D
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,817

    Re: Disneyland Hikes Ticket Prices on Sunday

    I told my mom about the price increases and she said "We may have to quit buying passes at some point. All the money adds up after a while" I nearly had a heart attack!!!!!!! There will soon be a point where a premium AP is $600! I wouldn't be surprised if this happened in 2012 or somewhere around there. I will be sooooo happy when they get rid of the dumb birthday promotion. The again, they'll most likely have another promotion next year tha will just make all of us mad.
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!


  7. #97

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    2,115

    Re: Disneyland Hikes Ticket Prices on Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool View Post
    Back in the 1980s and 1990s..there were only 2 passholder programs available plus a Senior Passholder that allows those 60 and up admission to the park from September through June. I think this is what Disney is moving toward.
    I would not be suprised if the So Cal programs are gone in 2010.







    We got on the AP bandwagon back in '87 or so. Been there ever since.

    Yep, a "Regular" AP was easily had for less than $100 back then.

    We only have to get the AP's for our three kids these days, which are two DAP's and one PAP.

    We'd be happy to see all of the others discontinued and just have the DAP's and the PAP's.

    And no more finance plan AP's!

  8. #98

    • Pilot EdForceOne
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,652

    Re: Disneyland Hikes Ticket Prices on Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimGrinner View Post
    When you go to Jack in the Box for those promotions Darkbeer always tells us about, other customers are paying for those tacos in raised costs on the other products...
    Not really - they are simply loss leaders. They know people enlarge will not just come in for the free item only.. they will buy other stuff. So you lose a little here, to gain over there. Or those promos are simply offset with marketing budget.

    Instead of paying $20,000 for an ad, they spend it giving away food that directly pulls in other sales.

    That's exactly what the birthday promo is.. paying out in product because you know you'll get the return in other sales. The problem for Disney though is, the consumer protection laws in Cali are so strong, I'm sure the birthday promo is really hitting them in hard costs much more then they'd like it to be due to the fun cards and APs.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimGrinner View Post
    Imagine a family of 5 all has PAPs. That's an additional $200 a year for that family. That's an insurance payment, food for a week, back to school clothes for Johnny. I don't know about you, but Disney is a luxury that is easily dropped off before other household needs.
    You say this.. as if the family is just making ends meet... yet your postulation is they are spending ($390x5) $1960 in the first place on pure entertainment. If someone is able to put out 2k each year, without financing, for entertainment... they aren't typically the type of family living paycheck to paycheck. You're taking a well off family and applying a poorer family's rules to it.

    And why is it's Disney's place to worry about how a family budgets what they spend on? Disney's role is to price it's products so they get the expected demand they want in a way that recovers enough revenue for what they desire.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid


    Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

  9. #99

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5

    Re: Disneyland Hikes Ticket Prices on Sunday

    Am I to assume that Costco won't replenish their stock of DAPs between now, and the 31st? I'm thinking about going today or tomorrow to buy mine. They have 20(give or take) left as of today at my Costco.

    ETA:The word of Mouse Planet is the Costco DAPs will only be available at the $269 price until
    8-23.
    Last edited by Disneyland Mommy; 08-01-2009 at 02:51 PM.

  10. #100

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,864

    Re: Disneyland Hikes Ticket Prices on Sunday

    I'd love to see a graph of ticket increases over the years adjusted for current dollars.

    Haven't the parks been really crowded recently even with the poor economy?
    Last edited by Mojave; 08-01-2009 at 03:16 PM.

  11. #101

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The Nebuchadnezzar
    Posts
    1,581
    Blog Entries
    63

    Re: Disneyland Hikes Ticket Prices on Sunday

    Hey, maybe Disney will back track on their prices like they did with BBQ Round-Up..

    Silly Disney
    You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

  12. #102

    • Animation Domination
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    FOX Network
    Posts
    31,133

    Re: Disneyland Hikes Ticket Prices on Sunday

    Back in 1999 a single day cost $39 now $72. ouch.
    "You are watching FOX"

  13. #103

    • Rock Star Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,386

    Re: Disneyland Hikes Ticket Prices on Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    Wow! Good thinking and well put. Makes a lot of sense.
    Thanks. I've been saying it forever. (Since the dawn of this discussion board, at least.)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

  14. #104

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,890

    Re: Disneyland Hikes Ticket Prices on Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    Back in 1999 a single day cost $39 now $72. ouch.
    According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics Consumer Price Index Calculator, that $39 ticket in 1999 would cost $50.49 today.


    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

    - Neil Gabler


  15. #105

    • in the Golden Afternoon
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    1,594

    Re: Disneyland Hikes Ticket Prices on Sunday

    I'm so glad I am an annual passholder, and plan to be for at least next year, because $72 just for one day (or even $69) is completely ridiculous. Though I do understand why it is so expensive, I personally wouldnt be able to make it down much if I wasnt a passholder.



Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [News] ABC news on DIsneyland(TICKET PRICES)
    By DisneyFan28 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 08-05-2008, 11:18 PM
  2. [Chat] Disneyland ticket hikes
    By Athlonacon in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-03-2008, 10:09 PM
  3. Disneyland Park-Hopper Ticket Prices
    By Disney Wrassler in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-13-2006, 10:01 AM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-11-2006, 04:49 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2005, 12:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •