• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Is the Summer Fun Pass not helping attract enough guests for Disney?

Hi all.

I am here at the Irvine Spectrum Center, waiting to pick up DIP Jr for the weekend. I'm posting this from my blackberry. The mall has been advertising/selling the Summer Fun Passes here for some time now, and they have been advertising them on signs throughout the mall.

Today, I noticed that they put up new signs. If I had my camera I would take a picture. But here is what they say:

"Irvine Spectrum Gift Cards just got Magical! Purchase TWO Disneyland Resort Summer Fun Pass Tickets and receive a FREE $20 Irvine Spectrum Center Gift Card! Visit the Guest Services Kiosk near Dave & Busters to purchase your Summer Fun Pass Tickets and to get a complete listing of rules & regulations."

So does this mean that Disney thinks they aren't selling enough Fun Passes? Have sales been short of their expectations? They are advertising a free mall gift card with purchase, and this offer was not advertised last week when I was here.

Has the Summer Fun Pass not been a success for Disney?

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Re: Is the Summer Fun Pass not helping attract enough guests for Disney?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Hi all.

I am here at the Irvine Spectrum Center, waiting to pick up DIP Jr for the weekend. I'm posting this from my blackberry. The mall has been advertising/selling the Summer Fun Passes here for some time now, and they have been advertising them on signs throughout the mall.

Today, I noticed that they put up new signs. If I had my camera I would take a picture. But here is what they say:

"Irvine Spectrum Gift Cards just got Magical! Purchase TWO Disneyland Resort Summer Fun Pass Tickets and receive a FREE $20 Irvine Spectrum Center Gift Card! Visit the Guest Services Kiosk near Dave & Busters to purchase your Summer Fun Pass Tickets and to get a complete listing of rules & regulations."

So does this mean that Disney thinks they aren't selling enough Fun Passes? Have sales been short of their expectations? They are advertising a free mall gift card with purchase, and this offer was not advertised last week when I was here.

Irvine Spectrum is NOT Disney. Like CostCo, they do their own promotions.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post
    Irvine Spectrum is NOT Disney. Like CostCo, they do their own promotions.
    I understand that. But this wasn't being offered before and now it is. So I'm thinking either the Irvine Spectrum Center or Disney have been feeling that bot enough Fun Passes were being sold.

• no flash photography...

IDk, Disney in the summer is pure torture. I wouldn't buy it. I have a PAP and I don't go during the summer. I've thought about going, but then I remember the heat and humidity. It's been pretty hot for most of July.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Hi all.

None of us would know if it is a successful promotion or not. Only Disney knows for sure.

As with MOST promotions, as they wind down, extra incentives are thrown in to entice the folks that are still on the fence about purchasing or not. The value of the pass diminishes with time, since there is a shorter window of opportunity for its use.

I'm sure Disney won't "stick" the Spectrum Center with the "unsold" tickets. Any non-sold tickets would just be returned to Disney at the end of the promotion. So it's not that they have too many leftover to sell.

I would imagine that the Spectrum is just trying to stir up business for THEMSELVES by offering the gift card. The gift card has to be spent there, so why not throw the Disney fans a bone that will ensure their return back to the Spectrum at a later date?