Lightbulb Military and all Disney parks

When I first went to DLR, it was 1976, and I had just graduated from Navy boot camp. I took a bus from San Diego to Anaheim. Back then, the Greyhound station was very close to DLR; within walking distance, in fact. One of the things I remember from my trip was that I was admitted at the junior rate because I was in uniform.

I think DLR should restore this special ticket for all military personnel, and maybe WDW as well.

What do you think?

• in the Golden Afternoon

Re: Military and all Disney parks

I agree- our men and women in uniform, serving our country, and protecting our freedom should at least get a discount at the happiest place on earth :]

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Not My Real Name View Post
    When I first went to DLR, it was 1976, and I had just graduated from Navy boot camp. I took a bus from San Diego to Anaheim. Back then, the Greyhound station was very close to DLR; within walking distance, in fact. One of the things I remember from my trip was that I was admitted at the junior rate because I was in uniform.

I think DLR should restore this special ticket for all military personnel, and maybe WDW as well.

What do you think?
    That is an excellent idea!

• 1 man can make a difernce

Oorah

• Lego Peoplemover Priit

Cool Re: Military and all Disney parks

I agree. They should have discounts.

• Banned User

Disneyland use to also give a discount to clergy. Maybe I can dig up my internet Universal Life Church certificate and save some cash.

There's no need for military people to dress up just to get a discount. First your going to have those people that are going to find a fake uniform and dress up just to get a discount. And plus anyone in the military can already get a discount if they buy their tickets on base. The worst idea ever would be giving a discount to clergymen. That's too obvious to discuss.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosVi7 View Post
    There's no need for military people to dress up just to get a discount. First your going to have those people that are going to find a fake uniform and dress up just to get a discount. And plus anyone in the military can already get a discount if they buy their tickets on base. The worst idea ever would be giving a discount to clergymen. That's too obvious to discuss.
    Ah, but they use to.

• in the Golden Afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosVi7 View Post

They dont necessarily have to be in uniform, the could always show Military I.D. when purchasing their tickets. Or the can get it on base too, like you mentioned.