Is there a special ticket price for special needs..

I didn't know if by chance there is a special ticket for special needs or the handicap...

I have a daughter who is 2 1/2 but is about the same level as a 9 month old.. doesn't walk or talk and has a lot of sensory issuses ...with all of that she just goes and hangs out in the stroller cause a ride of any kind or show ...would push her over the edge...

So would they still have us pay full price for a ticket when she is unable to really take part in anything..

Thanks for any info....

• Future Cast Member

Re: Is there a special ticket price for special needs..

well you wouldnt need a ticket anyway because shes under 3. but no, there arent special ticket prices

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

If your child is under three they get in free, but no, there is no pro-rated ticket based on special needs... sorry.

Edit... Beat me to it! ^^^
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

thanks yeah i am thinking about come nov when she is 3 ... we were setting up or AP budget... didn't know if we would need 4 or 3 thanks again

I work with autistic children and they do have a special program where depending on the disability, there is a discount. I'm not sure of the exact discount, but I know that it has to be a pretty severe disability. We used to take the kids at the group home that I worked at who had severe autism and mental retardation. They provided us with a lot of special benefits for the kids. They have similar programs at Legoland, SeaWorld, and the San Diego Zoo. In some cases, an adult or guardian gets the free or discounted rate in order to allow the child with special needs experience the park.

But as the others said, if she's only 2, there is no need to worry about! But you should definitely go to City Hall and ask what services they can provide for you to make her trip the best possible! Have fun!

Remembered the name of the program...Community Involvement Program. Last I read was they could get in for $19.00.

Thanks for the info krpink...

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by krpink View Post
    Remembered the name of the program...Community Involvement Program. Last I read was they could get in for $19.00.
    Wow. I had no idea that existed! Great info! I did a Google search and found this info on it.

(This links to a PDF file)

http://www.nlacrc.org/pdfs/InfoSheet08.pdf

The link is a file from 2008. Looks like it was for a specific time period. But you might be able to call the information number and see if they have another date planned or other information.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Closed Account

Community Involvement Program tickets are available on specific days during a specific time of year, and not at the box office. You request them in advance, and as far as I know most people do it through a group. So if you're a member of a special needs-related group they would probably know more about it. Last year it was around February, so I imagine it won't happen again until next February or so. Definitely not in the middle of summer.

Check with your local social worker. It used to be once a quarter(every 3 months) special discount tickets were available. They were only available thru them and good for only that certain day. I believe it was a Sunday. Made the handicapped lines unbearable though.