Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Closed Account

Re: Disney's America?

Quote Originally Posted by disneyNEWdad View Post
    If its so high then how come in the TEA report its not that high? Not even top 25!
    Well, Knott's and Magic Mountain aren't in the top 25 either; neither is Cedar Point, for that matter...so by that logic, I guess we should assume they're just not all that popular.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyNEWdad View Post
    On a final and last note. The idea simply sounds boring. I dont want to go to a disney history lesson and would much rather if im travelling to the east cost go to WDW then DA.
    Then I wonder why you enjoy Disneyland--one of the basic tenets of its very existence was to educate.

• Future Imagineer! =D

IMHO, the only Disney park they wil actually flourish and was built right is Disneyland! They sad truth is that if Imagineers could mess up DCA then they surely will have messed up DA. The only person who is completely capable of creating an amuesment park and making it fabulous is Walt Disney and his team of orginal Imagineers
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Future Imagineer! =D

Plus, a lot of DA would have sucked because Disney would have to make it "politically correct" and you can't accurately tell history when everything is suppose to be "politically correct"
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Future Imagineer <3

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by LittleImagineer View Post
    The only person who is completely capable of creating an amuesment park and making it fabulous is Walt Disney and his team of orginal Imagineers
    Kind of a sad thought coming from someone who claims to be a "future imaginer" in their signature.

The only person who is completely capable of creating an amuesment park and making it fabulous is Walt Disney and his team of orginal Imagineers
    Tokyo DisneySea.

• Future Imagineer! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Theophilus Carter View Post
    Tokyo DisneySea.
    Yup, and that seems like the only one besides Disneyland that they didn't fail with. I was really dissappointed when I went to WDW. Even the MK wasn't as great as Disneyland. I didn't like the lay out of the MK, it was so strange. I've never been to Disneyland Paris but I've heard that it isn't that great and neither is Disneyland Hong Kong.
    Yes, I do hope to become an Imagineer. I hope to improve these Disney parks that failed and I hope to make all sorts of new rides that everyone can enjoy. Maybe by the time I'm an Imagineer things will have changed. It's still my passion to become an Imagineer and share my ideas with everyone
    Disney is my life <3
    Future Imagineer <3

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Well, Knott's and Magic Mountain aren't in the top 25 either; neither is Cedar Point, for that matter...so by that logic, I guess we should assume they're just not all that popular.

Then I wonder why you enjoy Disneyland--one of the basic tenets of its very existence was to educate.
    Noooooo! Please don't make me learn nothin'.
    We want everything dumbed down and character branded!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

IMHO, the only Disney park they wil actually flourish and was built right is Disneyland! They sad truth is that if Imagineers could mess up DCA then they surely will have messed up DA. The only person who is completely capable of creating an amuesment park and making it fabulous is Walt Disney and his team of orginal Imagineers
    You've obviously never been to Disney's Animal Kingdom, EPCOT Center or Disneyland Paris.

There are several problems that I have with this statement. First off, let me start by saying that the Imagineers certainly are not the ones who messed up DCA. DCA was messed up by Paul Pressler and Barry Braverman, the executives put in charge of building California Adventure, who were only concerned about their own corporate positions and continually slashed the budgets that DCA would have needed to be a park that deserved to be built in Disneyland's old parking lot. The Imagineers are every bit capable of designing a brilliant theme park with equally brilliant rides and attractions. But those ambitious plans require cash. LOTS of cash. OLC type cash. When you let the Imagineers go all out, they will blow your mind. But Disney is a buisness, and for executives like Pressler and Braverman, all that matters is the bottom line. I agree with what you said about Walt. He was willing to go all out and spend every last dollar to make his dream come true and give the people who came to his park what they deserved. That's simply wasn't the way it was when they were building California Adventure. Hopefully, they understand now that we won't accept sub-par attractions anymore.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    You've obviously never been to Disney's Animal Kingdom, EPCOT Center or Disneyland Paris.
    We get along so much better in the Disneyland forum.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFan89 View Post
    There are several problems that I have with this statement. First off, let me start by saying that the Imagineers certainly are not the ones who messed up DCA. DCA was messed up by Paul Pressler and Barry Braverman, the executives put in charge of building California Adventure, who were only concerned about their own corporate positions and continually slashed the budgets that DCA would have needed to be a park that deserved to be built in Disneyland's old parking lot. The Imagineers are every bit capable of designing a brilliant theme park with equally brilliant rides and attractions. But those ambitious plans require cash. LOTS of cash. OLC type cash. When you let the Imagineers go all out, they will blow your mind. But Disney is a buisness, and for executives like Pressler and Braverman, all that matters is the bottom line. I agree with what you said about Walt. He was willing to go all out and spend every last dollar to make his dream come true and give the people who came to his park what they deserved. That's simply wasn't the way it was when they were building California Adventure. Hopefully, they understand now that we won't accept sub-par attractions anymore.
    Barry Braverman was an Imagineer. Money is not the key to creative success, its nice, but its mere presence does not create success.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    So true.

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Isnt this the dl forum?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
    Isnt this the dl forum?
    We frequently but heads in the Debate Lounge.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Sorry but I can't agree with the guy on anything in the world outside the gates, but we seem to share the same views on what direction Disney should take.

It was like epiphany. Okay, I'm going too far, sorry!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Yup, and that seems like the only one besides Disneyland that they didn't fail with. I was really dissappointed when I went to WDW. Even the MK wasn't as great as Disneyland. I didn't like the lay out of the MK, it was so strange. I've never been to Disneyland Paris but I've heard that it isn't that great and neither is Disneyland Hong Kong.
    Yes, I do hope to become an Imagineer. I hope to improve these Disney parks that failed and I hope to make all sorts of new rides that everyone can enjoy. Maybe by the time I'm an Imagineer things will have changed. It's still my passion to become an Imagineer and share my ideas with everyone
    Though there are many issues with the MK, I would hardly say it "failed." It needs work, but originally, up until fairly recently, it was magnificent. Just because it has lost its way in recent years doesn't mean it's a failure. Disneyland in the 90's is a prime example of this. And as far as Disneyland Paris, I've never been either, but from what I have read, it's not a failure of the park per se, it's more the refusal to listen to the culture and building too big to start. Unfortunately, this led to the parks like HDKL, DSP, DCA, etc.

EPCOT and DAK are truly superb parks, still. And MK has lost its way, but I am hoping things are beginning to change there are well.

And out of curiosity, what make the MK so weird? It's practically the same as DL.

For us on the East Coast, Disney's America would have been a nice 6-7 hour drive, doable in a day, and less costly than the flight to FL. I was looking forward to it coming, personally.

And in relation to Disney's America, isn't the site originally intended for the park a Walmart now? I vaguely remember reading that somewhere.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast