Annual Pass Upgrade to 15 months

Does anyone think that they might run the same offer at Disneyland that they are currently running at Disney World?

Quote from wdwmagic:
    Starting Sunday August 2 2009, Walt Disney World Theme Park Passholders will be able to renew their Annual Passes for 15 months for the price of a 12 month renewal.

I know they are having an issue with the number of APs in CA, but this might be a good way of getting people to renew.

• Im the fun mommy :)

Re: Annual Pass Upgrade to 15 months

Quote Originally Posted by airdlr View Post
    Does anyone think that they might run the same offer at Disneyland that they are currently running at Disney World?

Quote from wdwmagic:
    Starting Sunday August 2 2009, Walt Disney World Theme Park Passholders will be able to renew their Annual Passes for 15 months for the price of a 12 month renewal.

I know they are having an issue with the number of APs in CA, but this might be a good way of getting people to renew.
    there are tons who renew, and get special deals all the time. ugh I hope not.
    -------------------------------------------
    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

• A Weather Eye Open

i don't think they're going to want MORE people to renew here. A lot of the crowd problems would be helped my less APers renewing, and they wouldn't lose as much money, especially the locals like me who go a lot but who spend hardly any money while in the parks. THey should run more deals for tourists, I think; people who are more likely to spend a few nights in the hotels, who will eat dinner in DTD, or eat several meals in the park and buy souviners for themselves and their family back home. People who travel to Anaheim for Disneyland will spend far more money there in a few years than I will in a few years as a local APer. I know TDA runs all these deals for locals and "So Cal" residents, but I think encouraging more people farther away to come with deals would make them more money.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Not a Minion

Actually, I myself hope they would bring that over here BUT at the same time, hope they take away monthly payment plans.

• Laughing Place Finder

You get an interesting perspective on this when you grow up in LA, start a family, then move away when your kids are 4 or 5.

When we lived in LA with our young daughter we used to wring our hands over whether we could or couldn't afford to buy annual passes each year. If we decided to get them we'd gnash our teeth over which level of AP we would buy.

We would go 2-3 times per month and only eat one meal in the park so I'm sure Disney probably lost money on us being AP holders.

Once we moved away from California we found we were spending 3-4 times as much on visiting Disneyland Resort by planning two or three trips down there each year. So now Disney makes piles of cash off of us buying multi-day park-hopper tickets, booking 3-4 nights at an on property DLR hotel, character dining, plus eating all of our meals on property in addition to all the souvenirs we buy.

I never realized until leaving California how amazed and excited friends and family get to hear we are going to Disneyland. You just can't imagine what a big deal it is until you live out of state and meet so many people that have never been there and have a life-long ambition to go.

Because Disneyland visits are a family tradition as well as a special treat we don't bat an eye when we spend $1500-$2000 per trip down there. Multiply that by 2 or 3 trips per year and that's a LOT more money going to Disney than what they were getting from us before.

When we lived in LA and bought annual passes Disney would be lucky to see us spend $1000 over a whole year of being Annual Pass holders. Most of that would be spent on food. So I'd have to agree that if the monthly payment plans for annual passes are causing excessive crowds, they need to turn off that spigot, at least for the Deluxe and Premium annual passes while running more promotions and specials similar to the Florida WDW free dining plan offer to get more out-of-towners there.
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

The only time DL has done that, was on a somewhat restricted basis. Shortly before DCA opened, the DL AP was $199. For a brief period of time, they offered an AP rate of $299 for both DCA and DL. BUT shortly after, AP Premium Rate for DCA and DL was dropped all together, and then the 2 Park Premium AP was shortly after reintroduced at just $199. For those who paid the $299, and requested, a 4 month extension was given (although to be completely fair, it should have been 6 months).

Now, DL and WDW have nearly the same AP fee, DL has few parks with no EPCOT, no Animal Kingdom only part of Disney Studios, no water parks, no Adventurers Club (oh, yeah, neither does WDW). No Parade at DL.

If DL food sales have gone down, maybe DL has ALREADY overpriced themselves in the Anaheim market. With the several recent "remodels" in the New Orleans Square area, those restaurants have sufficiently overpriced themselves, when they were resurected. Even the Big Thunder Ranch substantially overpriced themselves this summer. Now DL management is blowing it again with Premium AP prices. At the same time, practically giving away DL to SoCal residents.