Thread: Price Increases

• Seeker of Fun

Smile Price Increases

Even though I knew it was coming, I have to admit that I was a little disappointed in the price increases. We just bought our AP's, and for the first time, I had that strange feeling in my stomach. My family and I are probably defined as "tourists" according to the powers that be at Disney. We are about 8hrs away by car. So when we come down, it's hotel, food, gas, and of course..admission prices, souvenirs, and the list goes on. Anyway, I hope that prices don't run away from people, who like my family, save and save all year for a special trip. I know that every time we go..we're going to spend money! I just hope there's some moderation in the months and years to come!

• DisneyGirl

Re: Price Increases

I agree! Disneyland resort as well as surrounding businesses depend on us to continue to enjoy ourselves in the area, Disney prices effect all the surrounding merchants, thus making it difficult for families to anticipate their vacation costs.
    I see that Disney thinks they will come first when "guests" spend, it could backfire in the resorts as visitors have to shift gears to afford the rising admission prices.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    Even though I knew it was coming, I have to admit that I was a little disappointed in the price increases. We just bought our AP's, and for the first time, I had that strange feeling in my stomach. My family and I are probably defined as "tourists" according to the powers that be at Disney. We are about 8hrs away by car. So when we come down, it's hotel, food, gas, and of course..admission prices, souvenirs, and the list goes on. Anyway, I hope that prices don't run away from people, who like my family, save and save all year for a special trip. I know that every time we go..we're going to spend money! I just hope there's some moderation in the months and years to come!
    Historically, Disneyland has raised price in August of each year. I think in 2005, Disneyland raised prices twice. I actually thought that because of the bad economy and the recession that Disneyland would postpone any increases. But last week, Disney reported lower corporate earnings - 26% less when compared to last year and theme park profits were down significantly so I guess Disney decided to go through with the increase.
    Let's hope that food prices and merchandise does not go up too. I think also I read on a thread here that multi-day park hoppers will increase but that increase will not be announced until August 24.

• Fantasmic!

Exclamation Re: Price Increases

My So Cal annual pass expires on November 7th, does anyone know how big of a price increase (if any) APs are gonna get? Would it possibly be better to renew before they go up?

Edit: Nevermind, I should've looked at other threads first.
    Last edited by cancolby; 08-02-2009 at 07:32 PM.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Here is the latest on the price increases....

Here is the full list.... (All prices are Adults first, then kids 3-9, note that some offers do not offer a special kids prices)

Main Entrance Ticket Booth Pricing

One Day One Park Ticket - $72/$62 ($3 increase)

One Day ParkHopper - $97/$87 ($3 increase)

Two Day ParkHopper - $151/$131 ($8 increase)

Three Day ParkHopper - $204/$174 ($5 increase)

Four Day ParkHopper - $229/$199 ($5 increase)

Five Day ParkHopper - $249/$219 ($5 increase)

Six Day ParkHopper - $254/$224 ($5 increase)

Southern California CityPass - $259/$219 No Change
    (Includes one day at Universal Studios Hollywood, SeaWorld San Diego, San Diego Zoo (or Wild Animal Park) and a 3 day Disneyland Resort ParkHopper).

Annual Passports (Note, the SoCal Annual Passes required living in SoCal to purchase the pass).

Southern California Select Annual Pass - $144 ($10 increase)

Southern California Annual Pass - $194 ($20 increase)

Deluxe Annual Pass - $289 ($20 increase)

Premium Annual Pass - $429 ($40 increase)

Parking Add-on - $59 (no change)

Blockout Pass - $45 ($5 increase)

Special Offers -

None of the special deals, such as the "2 Days free", Advance Purchase offers on line ("Bonus Tickets") and the special SoCal Summer Fun Pass have gone up in price.

Also, the old pricing for 2 day and longer ParkHoppers are currently available at Disneyland.com, and many other locations

There are rumors of the multi-day prices going up on August 24th.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• My Favorite Anna

Ok here is my thing for people that have an AP do we still get $20.00 off the full price for exsmaple. I'm a PAP and I see it's up to $429 now do I get that $20.00 off to make it $409 or not? My AP is up on Dec 14th of this year.

MY LONG TIME FRIEND THAT I HAVEN'T SEEN FOR 2 YEARS.

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    Ok here is my thing for people that have an AP do we still get $20.00 off the full price for exsmaple. I'm a PAP and I see it's up to $429 now do I get that $20.00 off to make it $409 or not? My AP is up on Dec 14th of this year.
    Typically, you get an offer to renew at a reduced price. If you got this letter already, then the price that is listed in your letter is what it should cost you to renew. If you havent, then you should get a lette of renewal (with instructions on how to do so), a few weeks before your pass actually expires. There it would list the discounted rates for renewal. From my letter, which reflected old prices, it showed discounts of around $20 for the passes (but i think that excludes socal passes).

For these new prices, I am assuming that the $20 renewal discount would remain, but I won't put a 100% guarantee. Just a likely probability.

• My Favorite Anna

I guess I didn't put it right. I have been an APA for pass 6 years and I knew it was $20.00 off but I didn't know if it will be the same or if they took it away or if they move it up to $30. or so. But thank so I know what to look for.

I'm 99.9% sure you will get the price of $409.00. My PAP expires August 12th, and I get to renewel for $389.00 - $20.00 = $369.00 since I received my renewel papers well before the increase. What bites is my wifes PAP expires October so she's in the same boat as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post

• My Favorite Anna

OOps just saw what I post it's not an APA it's an PAP APA was a wresting tag team name lol

• Future Indy Castmember

Since Capt Hook brought in the question regarding AP renewal, let me ask this question:

My PAP is on the Monthly Payment. My PAP's expiration date for this year was 3-17-2009. Since the price for the PAP increased, do I still pay the $25 per month to pay the old PAP or does it increase so that it pays the new price?

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    My PAP is on the Monthly Payment. My PAP's expiration date for this year was 3-17-2009. Since the price for the PAP increased, do I still pay the $25 per month to pay the old PAP or does it increase so that it pays the new price?
    No, it remains the same, you signed a contract that clearly stated the price of the item, any down payment made, and then the monthly paymnet.

None of that changes.

Now, at renewal time, you are looking at a higher amount, if you choose to renew.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Watch out..For this one!!

Received my renewel by mail for my P.A.P which expires August 12th. I'm electing to do the payment plan. The instructions state(paper) you must download the forms to process your order. Printed up the forms last week with the correct amounts: $389.00 - $20.00 renewel price $369.00 ok. Well my wife wanted to print a second copy for our records so she attempted to do that today. Well guess what, the system has the new P.A.P of $429.00..I'm 100% sure I'll get the price without the increase. Watch out..Disney doesn't waste anytime....

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    No, it remains the same, you signed a contract that clearly stated the price of the item, any down payment made, and then the monthly paymnet.

None of that changes.

Now, at renewal time, you are looking at a higher amount, if you choose to renew.
    You write that as if people have the choice.
    [/sarcasm]