Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Minion

Should Disneyland Expand Fantasyland...Remove Toontown?

HI.
    With all the buzz about the expansion of Fantasyland in WDW, I was thinking if Disneyland should expand its Fantasyland and remove Toontown...Before you even reply, I like Toontown and enjoy the Roger Rabbit attraction but it seems to me that the space could be used ina different way.

I would expand Fantasyland. I would keep the Roger Rabbit attraction.
    I would build a Snow White and Seven Dwarfs Mine Roller Coaster...(bigger than Gadget's Coaster). There could be a dark attraction ride of Beauty and the Beast. How about a Jungle Book Boat ride with Mowgli, Baloo and friends?

What are your thoughts or ideas?

• Happy Haunt

Re: Should Disneyland Expand Fantasyland...Remove Toontown?

I personally don't care for Toontown, but I assume the kids do. But I've literally been there once in the 6 or 7 times I've been to DL and I found it the most annoying place. But like I said, I assume the kids like it as that's where they all were (and what made it annoying), so why remove it? I think they should probably keep Toontown, just do more interesting things with it. Isn't that where the kids are most likely to meet Pluto, Goofy, etc? From what I saw, all of those characters were every where. That's a big deal for kids.
    Last edited by Valorie; 08-03-2009 at 10:00 AM.

• Sock Puppet

I agree, or maybe not even remove Toontown, but just build something in that long pathway that leads to It's A Small World. I was talking it over and It's a Small World takes up A LOT of space. obviously something more entertaining could replace it, but to most DL fanatic that is heresy and blasphemy, but just my opinion. I read rumors that at one point, somewhere along the pathway they were thinking of building a Nightmare Before Christmas dark ride which I admit was happy to read about, but they decided to go with HMH instead which really is lame. Nightmare would make a good dark ride all its own and they should HM the way it is since Haunted Mansion is my favorite ride and the Holiday makeover isn't that exciting or fun.
    Anyway, back to the topic (sorry for the rant). I do enjoy toontown and I love taking my pics with the characters every time I am there, but much like A Bug's Land, in DCA, Toontown could be replaced.

• Disneyman

I absolutely love the look and feel of ToonTown, but the space needs to be better utilized. Perhaps another attraction (dark ride?)?

Tear out ToonTown?.......no.
    Rethink ToonTown.......definitely.
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

• Future Cast Member

I don't like Toontown, I think they should either expand fantasyland, retheme the town, or put a whole new land there.

• Banned User

Take out the useless Toontown buildings, gadget's go coaster and the character houses and you can put in Beauty and the Beast and the mine train. Possibly even the Cinderella attraction.

Now, re-theme Roger Rabbit to fit the new attractions' atmosphere and also keep Mickey's meet and greet, re-themeing it.

Jungle Book would better fit in Adventureland.. but there's not much room there to utilize for that.

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reeder View Post
    I absolutely love the look and feel of ToonTown, but the space needs to be better utilized. Perhaps another attraction (dark ride?)?

Tear out ToonTown?.......no.
    Rethink ToonTown.......definitely.
    That's a good idea. I think they should take out gadget and the boat and put a better themed, longer coaster there. They could take out some of the houses and add a dark ride featuring the five classic characters, do stuff like that to make the land a lot nicer.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
    That's a good idea. I think they should take out gadget and the boat and put a better themed, longer coaster there. They could take out some of the houses and add a dark ride featuring the five classic characters, do stuff like that to make the land a lot nicer.
    Sounds good. I'd like to see them put the Snow White mine coaster in that spot. They can keep Mickey and Minnie's house then and use them as the facades for the Fab 5 dark ride. Would that work?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    Sounds good. I'd like to see them put the Snow White mine coaster in that spot. They can keep Mickey and Minnie's house then and use them as the facades for the Fab 5 dark ride. Would that work?
    Sounds good....A Fab 5 dark ride would be good as you and other prior posters have suggested.

• Happy Haunt

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post

I think that is an excellent idea.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I'd like to see Toon Town get some enhancements rather than being town down. However, There is lots of Fantasyland expansion room if they tear down the Wonder Bra Theater and use the land under the Monorail beam in the old Motor Boat Cruise area.

My favorite expansion idea for Fantasyland is for them to build a London Facade in the old Fantasyland Theater area and put in a Mary Poppins dark ride and possibly build a little tea house. They should also think about building a heavily forested 100 acre woods in the huge area under the Monorail beam between Autopia and Small World and build a real Winnie The Pooh ride (Tokyo style). Then they can shut down the awful Pooh ride that they shoehorned into the old Country Bear theater.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I think the Fantasyland Theater, formerly Videopolis, the Small World Mall and Motorboat Cruise areas could be redeveloped first. ToonTown doesn't need demo.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Hey Dusty, we think alike.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    I'd like to see Toon Town get some enhancements rather than being town down. However, There is lots of Fantasyland expansion room if they tear down the Wonder Bra Theater and use the land under the Monorail beam in the old Motor Boat Cruise area.

My favorite expansion idea for Fantasyland is for them to build a London Facade in the old Fantasyland Theater area and put in a Mary Poppins dark ride and possibly build a little tea house. They should also think about building a heavily forested 100 acre woods in the huge area under the Monorail beam between Autopia and Small World and build a real Winnie The Pooh ride (Tokyo style). Then they can shut down the awful Pooh ride that they shoehorned into the old Country Bear theater.
    Excellent ideas! Love the Mary Poppins idea and the teahouse. I forgot about all that space under the Monorail beam and the Fantasia Gardens smoking area.

• Happy Haunt

I always felt that that Winnie the Pooh ride was misplaced. It's in Fantasyland in WDW, which seems better placed.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast