Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stuck

• Future Cast Member

Re: Stuck

Quote Originally Posted by plagued View Post
    Which rides have you ever gotten stuck on?
    i've gotten stuck on indiana jones. it was somewhere near the end when it's near pitch black. the car was still shaking us around, but it was stopped on the track and we couldn't see ANYTHING. so we were just sitting in the dark in a shaking car. our entire car was full of people that made the situation fun so it wasn't a downer or anything. we just kept screaming and yelling. everyone got their phones out and we had a mini-rave. it was near the time when britney spears released her "comeback" song Gimme More, so i randomly yelled out "britney spears is back! wooooo!"

Which rides have you ever been evacuated from?
    i have never been evacuated from a ride...

Which rides would you want to get stuck on, and where? What about evacuated from?
    i'd like to get stuck on Space Mountain, but not evacuated. i want to ride the rest of the ride slowly with the lights on and get a good look of the inside of the building.. or 'mountain'.. i'd want to get evacuated from the Haunted Mansion if we're able to walk through the rest of the ride (not somewhere backstage)
    Haha that part where you got stuck on Indiana Jones is funny.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
    I was stuck on Space at the end, so they pushed our rocket to the station.

Big Thunder at the second lift.

Small World, but it was just me, Boat too heavy, I guess.

Toy Story just before we played our first game.

Just yesterday, Snow White about halfway through.

Which rides would you want to get stuck on, and where? What about evacuated from?
    I wanted to get evacted off Space about halfway in and see the Mountain with the lights on. I would want to get walked off Mansion and Pirates.

• Higitus Figitus

haunted mansion in leota's room, grizzly river run right after the last geyser, pirates (like every time!), splash mt

pirates is the only one i remember. it was in the last room with the pirates that shoot cannons and all the dynamite. we just walked up the side of the rock wall where the final jack sparrow currently resides.

i think i'd like to get stuck on ToT at the top where the doors open and you see all of DCA hah
    actually getting stuck on indy on the one fire bridge would be pretty neat. you always go over that so fast and id like the chance to take it all in.
    i'd like to be evacuated from jungle cruise right at the "backside of water". is that even possible? def not a ride vehicle aficionado lol
    “If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”

• I'm not really here

1. Got stuck on Monorail red in 2003 on our honeymoon. Only ride I've ever been stuck on. Sat there for 20 minutes as they cycled the power on and off trying to reset the brakes before they brought out the tug and towed us into Tomorrowland. Broke down about 300 yards before the station.

2. Never been evaced.

3. Indy, Splash, HM, Pirates... Space. Anything and everything really.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Future Cast Member

I know, how would you evacuate the Jungle cruise? I never thought about that =P Maybe they send an empty boat to come and get you?

• Disney Trivia Queen

I've been stuck on Thunder, Matterhorn, and Splash twice

I've been evacuated from Matterhorn and Splash once

I'd like to be stuck on Indy, Space, Haunted, Pirates... pretty much anything. :-)

• Higitus Figitus

I know, how would you evacuate the Jungle cruise? I never thought about that =P Maybe they send an empty boat to come and get you?
    maybe that's why they added the pirahnas? hahaha
    “If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”

• Sock Puppet

I've gotten stuck on HM for like fifteen minutes in the graveyard scene. Right in front of one of the tombstones that has one popping up every minute. That was cool for the first two three minutes, then it got extremely annoying!

I've had to evacuate from Pinnochio right in front of the popcorn machine. The CM was kind enough to take a picture of my mom and I in the room, though she was a bit weary of doing it. She was afraid of getting in trouble and if I had known I would have never asked, but she did it anyway.

The one ride I would love to get evacuated from would be Indiana Jones, preferably over the bridge. I have gotten stuck on this ride for about 15 minutes, but it was right in front of the mirrors a few feet after the ride begins. I have no idea why they just didn't evacuate us since it was so close to the loading dock, but it wasn't much fun.
    I would also love to have to get stuck on Jungle Cruise. I don't know how it works if the boat dies whether we get towed off or pushed to the end of maybe just transferred onto another boat, but I want to find out.

• Future Cast Member

Oh I've gotten stuck there on HM, too! They were taking forever loading a wheelchair or something. It was funny to keep watching the people pop up xD

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

We go stuck/evacuated from Space Mountain. Here is the video from that day:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lQQV92f6WU"]YouTube - Space Mountain Ride Evac[/ame]
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

From the WDW Monorail Wiipedia page on Evacuations

Emergency evacuation
    Emergencies requiring train evacuation will be handled differently depending upon the location of the train and the nature of the emergency.
    If a train is stopped at a station platform or at the work platform along the Epcot beam, guests can exit the train onto the platform. Exiting a train is possible even when the doors of the train cars are closed. The large rectangular window in the middle of each car is an emergency exit and can be removed from the interior of the car. A cast member outside the car can also forcibly open the rightmost door panel of the car by releasing the air pressure holding that panel closed. The air pressure release is a handle beneath the rectangular center window that is similar in appearance to a car door handle.
    If a train is stopped on open beam, then guests evacuate through emergency exits located in the roof of the train. Guests open roof hatches by first removing decorative plastic from the ceiling above a bulkhead footstool and then by lifting open a hinged hatch that will flip across the bulkhead dividing two train cars. Guests evacuate to the roof by climbing through the open hatch onto the top of the train. The bulkheads separating cars are designed as firewalls that will contain a fire within a car to just that car. The open hatch allows guests in the affected car to transfer to an adjacent car where they can safely wait for evacuation by fire response crews.
    If the emergency affects the entire train, then guests are evacuated to the surface of the beam. Guests again open the emergency roof hatches, but do not simply move to the adjacent car. Instead, they use a small handrail present along the top of each train car to move all the way to the front of the train. The train's pilot can attach a knotted rope to both the top and the base of the windscreen, and guests use the rope to shimmy down the windscreen to the surface of the beam. They finally start walking along the beam away from the train.
    Reedy Creek Emergency Services provides fire response and rescue for the Walt Disney World Monorail System and maintains an all-wheel-drive fire truck specially designed for monorail rescue
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Sha-lalalalala my oh my

1. I have been stuck on...Pirates (for about 10min at the end scene right before the lift), Thunder Mountain(about 15 min at the first lift right underneath the water ) , Monster's Inc (in the door room we were stuck there for only a few minutes), Haunted Mansion( I have been stuck on it a bunch of times but once I got stuck on the downhill part going into the graveyard that was fun!) and probably more but I just can't think of them...

2. I have been evacuated from BTMRR and Monster's Inc.

3. I wouldn't mind getting stuck on Pirates and HM again...And I wouldn't mind be evacuated from any of them.

None, except [see below...] or unless you count getting backed up on rides like IASW and Pirates due to "traffic jams" that delay you getting off by 10-15 minutes or so

Pooh, the one time I've [attempted to have] ridden it. I think we had to wait 20 minutes or so before it was our turn to get out and line up to be marched out. So I guess you could say we were stuck during that time.

Get stuck on: none, preferably, but waiting a little while for an evac isn't a big deal. Some extended time (~10 minutes or so) inside various places in Haunted Mansion would be nice, so I could unhurriedly take timelapse pictures.
    Evaced: any. At the top of my wish list is probably Matterhorn: both walking along the track and through the inside of the mountain. Also, a lift hill on CA Screamin', Space (I'll settle for a push-start and being inside with the lights on), Indy (duh), Thunder, HM, subs. Even a ride like Autopia would be fun to walk off of. And I'm still fantasizing about a teacups evac ... one day...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675
    From the WDW Monorail Wiipedia page on Evacuations
    I've read that before. Obviously--and surely--clinbing along the roofs and down the winshield and walking on the beam would only be for a bona fide leave-or-die hazard such as a fire. Those things would scare the living snot out of a lot of people and they'd refuse for any lesser reason. It's not like being evaced from a tall roller coaster in places where you have safety railing for maintenace access. Of course some would find it an adventure of sorts, imminent risk to life from fire/etc notwithstanding. I'll admit I'm among the latter, although it would be unnerving for sure.

• Future Imagineer! =D

When my older sisters were kids they got evacuated from a ton of rides and I am so jealous! They were evacuated from the Rocket Rods numerous times (not sure how or where). They were also evacuated from Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Indiana Jones. I think a few others also.
    I would love to get stopped on every ride in DL and seeing the ride with the lights on! I wouldn't mind getting stuck on the Dumbo even! I wouldn't want to be evacuated from it though...I want to get evacuated from Indiana Jones (especially on the bridge part), Space Mountain, BTMM, Splash Mountain(a different scene then where I evacuated from before) , POTC, HM, Matterhorn, and all the Fantasyland rides. It would be pretty cool!
    Now DCA is another story....if I ever got stuck on Mickey's Fun Wheel for more than five minutes then I think I would have a heart attack and someone would have to come up there and save me!! If you had to evacuate from that ride how would they get you? A crane? How would you evacuate from GRR? My sister got stuck on it for a few minutes before but then it started working again. How would you evacuate from ToT? They probably made ToT so it's impossible to randomly get stuck....
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Future Indy Castmember

Rides Stuck On:
    Indiana Jones: First time in the rat room, second time at the boulder and third at the bridge.
    Space Mountain: Once after the drop
    Roger Rabbit: At the beginning

Rides evaced from:
    Indiana Jones: Once at the boulder room and second time at the bridge
    Roger Rabbit

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast