Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• =)

Re: Obscure Disneyland Questions??

Quote Originally Posted by BoygunaSurf View Post
    Data (for short): very good question here, especially important when you are doing those 3-D rendering jobbies. I am sure you will have a count before I do, but when I get there in a few weeks I will do a count from the crows nest in TTH; nice little birds eye up there.
    Unfortunately, you can't see 'em all from the treehouse; other trees and buildings get in the way. But I'll have a count eventually!

Are Imagineers like artists, but with blowtorches and chisels instead of paint brushes and pallet knives?
    Well, the Imagineers tend to be more directly involved with the design process - the actual construction is mostly done by regular old construction workers, I believe, with key people from Disney making sure everything is happening according to plan. Many Imagineers are definitely artists, though. They work in a lot of different media to visualize what's going to be built.

• The Z is the new E ticket

If Disneyland was taken over by hostiles, where would you prefer to fortify yourself?
    The Matterhorn would be my first choice. You can see the whole park from the different openings in the mountain. There are firework launchers. And if you're out of fireworks and surrounded you can make an escape on Tinkerbell's wire.

Does Disneyland have an emergency plan in case of an earthquake? Like, are there enough hardhats, flashlights, blankets and granola bars for each of the guests at any given time?
    Disneyland is considered storm ready.

• Boat shoes all day long

Now Z-Ticket, when you say storm-ready, does that just mean rain, or sleet, or possibly snow? Or does it mean that if the movie "Volcano", which deals with a massive eruption in the LA area, came true, Disneyland would be more than capable of putting heavy tarps over the park to ensure no ash damage, and that all guests would be safely evacuated via WED tunnel-train to "Disneyland 2" located 2 miles beneath the former Arrowhead Pond?

I just need to make sure all the bases are covered.
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• Senior Monorail Minion

The monorail can basically speed up or slow down, no bunny hops or anything. So if it rolled through the stations to allow maximum time to reach top speed, what would it max out at? Around 70 MPH?

Thanks!
    Well, yes and no.

Disneyland: A cap on the engine regulates nothing to pass 35 MPH, and even with that off you can't go much faster cause you'd fly off the beam over TL.

Walt Disney World: A cap prohibits WDW's monorails from going over 40 MPH, but they can sustain speeds of up to 100 MPH according to the manufacturer, but the trains can only go 7o MPH if the cap was disengaged, I believe
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    Well, yes and no.

Disneyland: A cap on the engine regulates nothing to pass 35 MPH, and even with that off you can't go much faster cause you'd fly off the beam over TL.

Walt Disney World: A cap prohibits WDW's monorails from going over 40 MPH, but they can sustain speeds of up to 100 MPH according to the manufacturer, but the trains can only go 7o MPH if the cap was disengaged, I believe
    Thanks for the detailed info - are/were you a driver?

• Future Skipper

If Disneyland was taken over by hostiles, where would you prefer to fortify yourself?
    Definitely Barbossa's ship. No one would look there... and if they did, I'd have cannons!
    My second choice would be Innoventions. Because no one goes in there

• Senior Monorail Minion

Thanks for the detailed info - are/were you a driver?
    Nope! Just a Monorail Freak! I've just spent way too much time researching and talking to get my information
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• The Z is the new E ticket

Here is a Question. What is the most expensive souvenir in the park?

Other questions:

What is the average length of stay in the park for a visitor?

How many souvenir map guides are handed out each year?

What is the average age of an employee at Disneyland?

What is the most common other job of a part time employee at Disneyland?

What is the absolute worst job at the park?

How many people work the graveyard shift?
    The Mur

• Keep Moving Forward

Can you hire on as a ride attendant, or do you have to start out in the parking lots and food concessions until you have earned your keep?
    Parking, concessions, etc. aren't prerequisites for becoming an attraction host. Many cast members like myself hire straight into attractions. Of course, if there aren't any available positions there, you would have to hire into another department (such as concessions), then transfer when something opened up.
    Interested in visions fantastic of Disneyland?
    Check out my albums on Flickr by clicking here!

Barbossa's ship seems to be a popular place of fortification. I did enjoy the idea Z-Ticket had regarding the ability to escape via zip-line from the top of the mountain. I might just pretend to be one of those pirates that is locked in the cell. That, or sneak up to the room that the lady swings open the shutters to ask them not to drown the Mayor. I would toss her ancient AA butt out to keep the window from getting too much attention.

As far as expensive souvenir, I would think one of those Kincaid paintings, or a rare cell?

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    Parking, concessions, etc. aren't prerequisites for becoming an attraction host. Many cast members like myself hire straight into attractions. Of course, if there aren't any available positions there, you would have to hire into another department (such as concessions), then transfer when something opened up.
    I like that! I was told many years ago by a CM that actually still works in the Adventureland bazaar that when you come to DL as a new CM, you have to work parking lots, custodial, concessions, finally you can apply for rides. Maybe there was a group of CM thugs that initiated the guy and made him put up with all those downers before he finally got to stand by the SFRTH and make sure kids arenít jumping down two stairs at a time.

• DL Local

Talking Re: Obscure Disneyland Questions??

Quote Originally Posted by Zticket View Post
    The Matterhorn would be my first choice. You can see the whole park from the different openings in the mountain. There are firework launchers. And if you're out of fireworks and surrounded you can make an escape on Tinkerbell's wire.

Disneyland is considered storm ready.
    This one has me cracking up! This thread is hilarious!
    www.OCMomActivities.blogspot.com Fun Adventures in Orange County, CA

*Submit your Disney blog posts here for upcoming Disney theme blog carnival! http://blogcarnival.com/bc/cprof_7906.html

www.brettandkyle.blogspot.com Disneyland through the eyes of kids

• Future Imagineer! =D

1.The most commonly purchased item at Disneyland is probably clothes. Not too sure though

2. I have no clue why the Disneyland fire station is #105

3. The most commonly skipped attraction by frequent visitors is probably HISTA or Innoventions or something like Gadget's Go Coaster (if they family has no little children)

4. Capt Hook always has a 5 o'clock shadow cuz it's funny??

5. CM's in the "Tower" of Space Mountain are probably monitoring surveillance cameras and all that. There's also a "tower" to the left of the loading docks on Indiana Jones and there are also "towers" on some other rides. =]

6. I really wouldn't be that surprised if CM's used their uniforms outside of Disneyland.

7. I'm not sure about Walt's favorite concession item, although a CM at Plaza Inn told me that use to be Walt's favorite place to eat....

8. The guy who sets off the fireworks probably has to be specialized in pyrotechnics and all that fancy stuff

9. The next time Disneyland will dug up a time capsule is the 80th anniversary. They buried one during the 40th annivesary to be dug up 40 yrs later (for the 80th anniversary). As for as I know, there have been no othe time capsules buried.
    Fun thread! And I hope I answered some of your questions! =]
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Future Imagineer! =D

Oh no! I forgot to answer a question!
    Anyways, if Disneyland was taken over then I would choose to hide somewhere really weird that hostiles wouldn't know about, or I would probably hide somewhere in an attraction. Maybe I would hide in the top of the Matterhorn or somewhere on POTC or maybe somewhere on Splash Mountain. Omg! There's endless possibilities! I want to play hide and seek at Disneyland one day...how fun would that be?! It could take you hours to find someone! Haha.
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast