Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Boat shoes all day long

Re: Obscure Disneyland Questions??

Quote Originally Posted by LittleImagineer View Post
    1.The most commonly purchased item at Disneyland is probably clothes. Not too sure though

2. I have no clue why the Disneyland fire station is #105

3. The most commonly skipped attraction by frequent visitors is probably HISTA or Innoventions or something like Gadget's Go Coaster (if they family has no little children)

4. Capt Hook always has a 5 o'clock shadow cuz it's funny??

5. CM's in the "Tower" of Space Mountain are probably monitoring surveillance cameras and all that. There's also a "tower" to the left of the loading docks on Indiana Jones and there are also "towers" on some other rides. =]

6. I really wouldn't be that surprised if CM's used their uniforms outside of Disneyland.

7. I'm not sure about Walt's favorite concession item, although a CM at Plaza Inn told me that use to be Walt's favorite place to eat....

8. The guy who sets off the fireworks probably has to be specialized in pyrotechnics and all that fancy stuff

9. The next time Disneyland will dug up a time capsule is the 80th anniversary. They buried one during the 40th annivesary to be dug up 40 yrs later (for the 80th anniversary). As for as I know, there have been no othe time capsules buried.
    Fun thread! And I hope I answered some of your questions! =]
    Great answers my friend, thank you!

I heard something about Walt and popped corn. It seems that even when he was with his family, he always had to have his own carton.
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post

In a random bit of trivia, I believe the crew calls themselves the Flying Monkey Pyros... but this I can't confirm. Can anyone else?
    The Flying Monkeys Pyro Crew is a group of pyrotechnicians that work together on fireworks show all over southern california. A few of it's members happen to work at DL, but that is not what the DL pyro department calls it's self

Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    Definitely Barbossa's ship....
    Is that ship named "The Wicked Wench" ?

• Keep Moving Forward

Quote Originally Posted by BoygunaSurf View Post
    I like that! I was told many years ago by a CM that actually still works in the Adventureland bazaar that when you come to DL as a new CM, you have to work parking lots, custodial, concessions, finally you can apply for rides. Maybe there was a group of CM thugs that initiated the guy and made him put up with all those downers before he finally got to stand by the SFRTH and make sure kids arenít jumping down two stairs at a time.
    Hmm... well, maybe that was the case many years ago. Of course, times change and sometimes so do the rules. I know several people besides myself who hired straight into attractions, so that's certainly not the case today.
    Interested in visions fantastic of Disneyland?
    Check out my albums on Flickr by clicking here!

A couple more questions that have been bugging me:

Is the TP in the men’s room single or double ply?

Do face characters ever get creeped-out by obsessive fans?

Who would win in a fight, Space Mountain or Thunder Mountain?

Does Disneyland still have a helicopter landing pad like it used to when Walt would roll in and out of there? I know they used to have helo transportation from LAX to Disneyland, but didn’t know if there was still a quick in-and-out?

How many members of the functional Disneyland Fire Department are on call at a given time, and are they considered part of the “Alpha Unit?”

Was the Matterhorn bobsleds the first steel tubular roller coaster in the US? I thought there was another one in the Netherlands that was built back in the 30’s?

Is the water in Small World and Pirates chlorinated? I don’t imagine it is in the ROA or Jungle Cruise due to the close proximity of live plants, and what about Splash Mountain?

What is Brer Fox’s problem?

Do you think Disneyland will ever expand the current boundaries of the park?

• I'm not really here

I'm pretty sure some do.

Does Disneyland still have a helicopter landing pad like it used to when Walt would roll in and out of there?
    Not that I know of. It used to be over by where the buses come in on the east side now. Then it got moved over by the Disneyland Hotel I think.

Was the Matterhorn bobsleds the first steel tubular roller coaster in the US?
    As far as I know, it was the first tubular steel coaster anywhere in the world. It was designed by Arrow Development Company (now S&S-Arrow).

What is Brer Foxís problem?
    Jealousy?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post

As far as I know, it was the first tubular steel coaster anywhere in the world. It was designed by Arrow Development Company (now S&S-Arrow).
    Actually, I think Arrow went out of business this last year or so. They have a really poor repuatation in the rollercoaster/ theme park industry for making some pretty bad coasters that had to be removed. After all of that and a few law suits, I think they called it quits and closed up shop.
    Last edited by Eric5675; 08-06-2009 at 10:43 AM.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    Actually, I think Arrow went out of business this last year or so. They have a really poor repuatation in the rollercoaster/ theme park industry for making some pretty bad coasters that had to be removed. After all of that and a few law suits, I think they called it quits and closed up shop.
    Did some checking and yeah, Arrow went bankrupt in 2006 and was bought by S&S Worldwide which is still operating. So all the coaster design stuff that Arrow did was folded into S&S (which is famous for pneumatic rides like the Space Shot in Vegas). And hey, they're based just up the freeway from me in Logan, UT. Cool. So Arrow is no more, but S&S is going strong.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• The Z is the new E ticket

upon request you can get double ply.

I have heard stories!

Thunder Mountain would win. It would fight dirty.

What is Brer Fox’s problem?
    Well, he has to put up with Brer Bear all day.

• Future Imagineer! =D

Is the TP in the menís room single or double ply?
    I really have no clue...

Probably. I would get creeped out if I were a face character...

Oh goodness...I guess it depends on how they fight

Does Disneyland still have a helicopter landing pad like it used to when Walt would roll in and out of there?
    I don't think so but I don't know for sure

How many members of the functional Disneyland Fire Department are on call at a given time, and are they considered part of the ďAlpha Unit?Ē
    Good question, but I don't know the answer

Hmm, I think it was the first in the world. I'll look it up

Is the water in Small World and Pirates chlorinated? I donít imagine it is in the ROA or Jungle Cruise due to the close proximity of live plants, and what about Splash Mountain?
    I'm not sure. I know they do something to keep the water clean in all parts of Disneyland, but I'm really not sure how they do it. I heard the add dye to ROA and Jungle Cruise.

What is Brer Foxís problem?
    He's just an angry fox. Maybe he had a hard life or childhood or something

Do you think Disneyland will ever expand the current boundaries of the park?
    One day, maybe not now, but they probably will one day
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Future Imagineer! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Zticket View Post
    Here is a Question. What is the most expensive souvenir in the park?
    Probably one of those huge statues they sell in a few stores. Or maybe a model of something at Disneyland. Or possibly some kind of drawing
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Future Imagineer <3

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BoygunaSurf View Post
    A couple more questions that have been bugging me:

Is the water in Small World and Pirates chlorinated? I donít imagine it is in the ROA or Jungle Cruise due to the close proximity of live plants, and what about Splash Mountain?

Attractions like POTC and Splash mountain REEK of chlorine and the water looks clear so they must be VERY chlorinated. ROA water is green and murky so I would think not chlorinated at all.

• Future Imagineer! =D

What is the average length of stay in the park for a visitor?
    That's a good question! I suppose if you count just tourists (and no AP's) then the average stay would probably be around 3-5 days. I am not sure though

How many souvenir map guides are handed out each year?
    Probably thousands and thousands! Or maybe even a million or more!

What is the average age of an employee at Disneyland?
    Hmm, we get a pretty good mix of age at Disneyland so I would say probably the upper to mid 30's or maybe somewhere in the 40's.

What is the most common other job of a part time employee at Disneyland?
    Probably working at a hotel or restraurant in the area

What is the absolute worst job at the park?
    Probably some sort of cleaning job.

How many people work the graveyard shift?
    I'm not sure. I looked it up on Google but couldn't find anything
    Disney is my life <3
    Future Imagineer <3

Quote Originally Posted by LittleImagineer View Post

Probably some sort of cleaning job.
    Actually, according to some Imagineers and high-ups within the company, a number of them started out in various positions, some including cleaning facilities and sweeping popped corn. One Imagineer noted that being a sweeper was one of his favorite things assigned as it put him at the front lines of guests questions. He was able to see the park from a unique angle.

I would imagine there are plenty of tough times at this post as well, especially when the corn kernels are stuck to the ground via ABC gum.

• Future Skipper

On the note of a sweeper, John Lasseter said he loved that job because sweepers are the most accessible CM's, so they get asked a lot of questions by guests.

How many people work the graveyard shift?
    Interns.

Probably single.

I know I would... here's a great article I read a while ago written by a former Jack Sparrow. June 2008 - Pirate?s Booty - Los Angeles Magazine

Thunder Mountain would blow up Space Mountain with dynamite.
    Space Mountain would make Thunder Mountain want to blow itself up with all the terrible Halloween theming.

Does Disneyland still have a helicopter landing pad like it used to when Walt would roll in and out of there? I know they used to have helo transportation from LAX to Disneyland, but didn’t know if there was still a quick in-and-out?
    As far as I know it's gone... If I'm correct it was where the bag check for Downtown Disney is now.

Is the water in Small World and Pirates chlorinated? I don’t imagine it is in the ROA or Jungle Cruise due to the close proximity of live plants, and what about Splash Mountain?
    They all have very small amounts of chorline. I've also heard that some of the water has food coloring in it to make it look more blue. I'm not sure if they still do that.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast