Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• I'm not really here

Re: Obscure Disneyland Questions??

I'm going to guess that the worst possible job is Protein Spill cleanup

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Good questions, and good answers!

Souvenirs...I'd have thought maybe smaller items like magnets or postcards are the top sellers. The most expensive..maybe the elaborate items in the crystal shop? WDW has a huge crystal Cinderella's castle that is priced at MANY thousands of dollars.

The water...the ROA/JC waters are dyed because they are very shallow and you'd see the tracks and pipes etc. on the bottom. The others used to be chlorinated but now they might be using reverse osmosis or something similar, the odor isn't noticeable anymore.

Hostiles...I'd probably say Innoventions as my hideout. It's cool, quiet (who goes there?) and at least there are computers inside.

Worst job...probably restroom-cleaner. Apparently a lot of the guests don't understand the function of indoor plumbing.

• Boat shoes all day long

Besides the infamous San Andreas fault, do other fault lines like Elsinore, San Jacinto, San Gabriel, Sierra Madre, Mission Creek, and Banning pose a threat to Disneyland more than other areas in LA? Z-Ticket mentioned Disneyland being storm ready, I just want to be sure! There is also the ominous Garlock thrust fault a little NE of the park to deal with.

Who is Indiana Pipps, and what does he have to do with Goofy?

Does Mickey Mouse ever get jealous that he has had to resort to being the upstanding citizen while Goofy and Donald get to engage in daily shenanigans?

How often are the railings replaced in the queues due to guests’ insatiable appetites for picking at the wood or peeling the paint?

Are Disney’s non-liquid assets still in the hands of Shamrock Investments?

If they did freeze Walt to thaw out at a later date, where in the park would they put him?

Does Disneyland get their food from Aramark? If so, why?

Does Disneyland offer a guided tour of the park with headphones for the blind?

Is that skeleton locked in the cave on that island in the middle of ROA the remains of Injun Joe?

I bought a post card and a stamp and asked the CM at the Emporium if I could borrow a pen. She asked me what I needed it for and I explained I wanted to complete the text required on a post card. She said her pen was only for signing CC receipts or writing checks and told me that I needed to buy one. Is this fair?

Is that new summer night firework thing any good compared to Believe?

I am thinking of having the wedding party at my wedding next year walk into the reception to the triumphant finale of Fantasmic! Thoughts?
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• Future Imagineer! =D

Quote Originally Posted by BoygunaSurf View Post
    Actually, according to some Imagineers and high-ups within the company, a number of them started out in various positions, some including cleaning facilities and sweeping popped corn. One Imagineer noted that being a sweeper was one of his favorite things assigned as it put him at the front lines of guests questions. He was able to see the park from a unique angle.

I would imagine there are plenty of tough times at this post as well, especially when the corn kernels are stuck to the ground via ABC gum.
    Oh wow. I guess that's pretty true. I heard they hire people to go through the park at night and scrape the gum off of everything. That's probably the worst job. I would hate having that type of job! Imagine having to clean up a stranger's chewed gum
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Future Imagineer! =D

Smile Re: Obscure Disneyland Questions??

Besides the infamous San Andreas fault, do other fault lines like Elsinore, San Jacinto, San Gabriel, Sierra Madre, Mission Creek, and Banning pose a threat to Disneyland more than other areas in LA?
    Hmm, I don't think so

Who is Indiana Pipps, and what does he have to do with Goofy?
    Well, I just looked it up and apparently it was a cartoon in Italy, also known as Indiana Goofy

Does Mickey Mouse ever get jealous that he has had to resort to being the upstanding citizen while Goofy and Donald get to engage in daily shenanigans?
    Maybe sometimes. I would if I were having a stressful day, but I think for the most part Mickey enjoys his job. ;]

How often are the railings replaced in the queues due to guests’ insatiable appetites for picking at the wood or peeling the paint?
    Good question! Probably not that often, but I assume they do have to be replaced every once in a while to keep the place looking Disney and fabulous

Are Disney’s non-liquid assets still in the hands of Shamrock Investments?
    Uhhh...? I just looked it up because I got curious and I only found old articles that said "Disney to invest $120 million in Israel" Interesting...

If they did freeze Walt to thaw out at a later date, where in the park would they put him?
    Under the castle!! =] Or maybe in his apartment. Many people also say he is under POTC (even though thye are wrong). Maybe the HM or somewhere on the Disneyland Railroad since he loved trains

Does Disneyland get their food from Aramark? If so, why?
    I got curious and looked it up again and I couldn't find anything that said Disneyland gets food from Aramark.

Does Disneyland offer a guided tour of the park with headphones for the blind?
    Probably. Most tours come with headphones, but if your blind you can probably call and they can set up a special tour for you

Is that skeleton locked in the cave on that island in the middle of ROA the remains of Injun Joe?
    Possibly...

I bought a post card and a stamp and asked the CM at the Emporium if I could borrow a pen. She asked me what I needed it for and I explained I wanted to complete the text required on a post card. She said her pen was only for signing CC receipts or writing checks and told me that I needed to buy one. Is this fair?
    No! That's stupid! It's not like it was a "special" pen or cost her $300. I mean, come on!

Is that new summer night firework thing any good compared to Believe?
    Eh. Every time I've seen it they don't have Dumbo up!!!

I am thinking of having the wedding party at my wedding next year walk into the reception to the triumphant finale of Fantasmic! Thoughts?
    Awesome!!!
    Keep the questions coming! I enjoy them! =]
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Future Imagineer <3

• I'm not really here

Besides the infamous San Andreas fault, do other fault lines like Elsinore, San Jacinto, San Gabriel, Sierra Madre, Mission Creek, and Banning pose a threat to Disneyland more than other areas in LA? Z-Ticket mentioned Disneyland being storm ready, I just want to be sure! There is also the ominous Garlock thrust fault a little NE of the park to deal with.
    Fault Map for Los Angeles

I know that the Whitier fault is a concern to seismologists as it routinely generates >7 on the moment magnitude scale.
    The Puente Hills fault is a really big concern as it is a blind thrust fault directly below downtown Los Angeles and is capable of >7.5.

This is a .kmz file from the USGS that overlays the faultlines in Google Earth so you can see their relation to cities, roads, neighborhoods much clearer. They are orange lines and if you mouse over them it shows the name.
    ftp://hazards.cr.usgs.gov/maps/qfaul...Quaternary.kmz
    (Must have Google Earth in order to view)

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Shamrock wasn't founded until 1978, and is owned by the Roy Disney family. So there's Disney, and there's DISNEY. :-)

The CM is probably not supposed to 'loan' her pen because loaned writing instruments seldom find their way home and that leaves her without a pen for the next guest who needs to sign a receipt.

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

Some of these questions and answers are hilarious! My sister keeps giving me weird looks and asking me why I'm laughing so much, hah

flower gleam & glow...

• Future Imagineer! =D

Quote Originally Posted by kburford View Post
    Some of these questions and answers are hilarious! My sister keeps giving me weird looks and asking me why I'm laughing so much, hah
    Your laughing at me, aren't you!?!

I'm just kidin' with ya
    Disney is my life <3
    Future Imagineer <3

• Future Imagineer! =D

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    Shamrock wasn't founded until 1978, and is owned by the Roy Disney family. So there's Disney, and there's DISNEY. :-)

The CM is probably not supposed to 'loan' her pen because loaned writing instruments seldom find their way home and that leaves her without a pen for the next guest who needs to sign a receipt.
    But you can get a huge pack of pens for really cheap. And the store most likely had another pen somewhere. Ooooh, I'm going to come up with an evil plan to steal pens from people by asking them if I can write a postcard! It could work, right? I'm just kidding. That would be weird!
    Disney is my life <3
    Future Imagineer <3

• Boat shoes all day long

If Disneyland had to seal itself off, how long could it sustain? I was thinking the guests could start farming, but I am pretty sure the vegetables in Goofy’s garden are fake…

Have ride operators ever had to decline someone from riding due to weight?

Because the foliage in the Jungle Cruise was so sparse when Disneyland first opened, do you think it was similar to riding a little zodiac through the reeds in the Sacramento Delta?

Any estimates on the dollar amount of pocket change in the water areas in Thunder Mountain’s queue? I know they clean these out periodically, but I remember back in 2000 or 2001 when it was solid copper.

What is going on with the second floor of the Starcade? Remember when they used to have like a million motorcycle and car racing games and air hockey tables up there?

If given the chance, would Simba eat Mickey?

Is there enough room to potentially turn Innoventions into a Test Track-style ride?

If one of the submarines were removed from the lagoon and placed into the ocean, would it be able to propel forward, or would it sink like a rock?

I think the future of dark rides involves the use of EMV’s. Anyone else with me here? It would be very expensive and the equipment required to operate the ride and ride vehicles probably wouldn’t even fit in those Fantasyland structures. But I can’t even imagine a modern, Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye-style Mr. Toad’s ride! Willllllld!
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• DL Local

boygunasurf- Those are Awesome questions! I can't wait to see the answers/responses!
    www.OCMomActivities.blogspot.com Fun Adventures in Orange County, CA

*Submit your Disney blog posts here for upcoming Disney theme blog carnival! http://blogcarnival.com/bc/cprof_7906.html

www.brettandkyle.blogspot.com Disneyland through the eyes of kids

• Closed Account

If one of the submarines were removed from the lagoon and placed into the ocean, would it be able to propel forward, or would it sink like a rock?
    Since the subs are technically boats and do already float, they would do the same in the ocean. With the old diesel engines, they could also propel themselves.

Since the hatches aren't very watertight, the water leaking in from ocean waves might eventually cause them to sink.

• Senior Minion

What is Brer Fox’s problem?
    Partnered to a moronic bear with a glandular problem + made to appear like an idiot by a sass-talkin' bunny = Living Hell on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by themur View Post
    What is the absolute worst job at the park?
    The guy who gives Ed daily status updates on that damn dragon.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• DL Local

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post

Since the hatches aren't very watertight, the water leaking in from ocean waves might eventually cause them to sink.
    We were on the Nemo subs the first day the "new" ride opened, and it was hilarious, cause a bunch of the windows leaked a little bit, the panicked looks on people's faces were kinda funny. I guess I would have been a little more worried too if we actually submersed! LOL. But after that 3 1/2 hour wait in the brutal sun, I was just so happy to be in A/C!!!
    www.OCMomActivities.blogspot.com Fun Adventures in Orange County, CA

*Submit your Disney blog posts here for upcoming Disney theme blog carnival! http://blogcarnival.com/bc/cprof_7906.html

www.brettandkyle.blogspot.com Disneyland through the eyes of kids

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast