Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

• Boat shoes all day long

Re: Obscure Disneyland Questions??

Thanks for the kind words there friend!
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• Minion

The Jungle Cruise originally contained a lot of artificial landscaping. Eventually the live plants grew enough that the fake ones were not needed any more. I remember reading a small article in the LA Times about 10 years ago or so, noting that the final plastic plant was removed from the Jungle Cruise, and now it's all real vegetation.

• Boat shoes all day long

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    The Jungle Cruise originally contained a lot of artificial landscaping. Eventually the live plants grew enough that the fake ones were not needed any more. I remember reading a small article in the LA Times about 10 years ago or so, noting that the final plastic plant was removed from the Jungle Cruise, and now it's all real vegetation.
    Very interesting! I was under the impression that, even in the early stages, all the plants were real given that it looked so sparse when the ride first opened. It is crazy to think those insanely thick bamboo chutes are real!

I see you are enjoying a little CGI balancing rock canyon there - any little known or strange facts about our favorite mine train attraction?

I've got one. I often listen to Disneyland ride spiels when I am on long runs to take my mind away from the pavement. A year or two ago I was doing a trail run near my dwelling up here in Norcal and just as I was crossing a dry, desert-like area, something I heard made me shoot 3 feet into the air! What was it, you may ask? My iPod was playing the Mine Train spiel and the sound affect from the "sidewinder" tricked me into thinking there was a rattle snake somewhere very near!
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by BoygunaSurf View Post
    I like that! I was told many years ago by a CM that actually still works in the Adventureland bazaar that when you come to DL as a new CM, you have to work parking lots, custodial, concessions, finally you can apply for rides. Maybe there was a group of CM thugs that initiated the guy and made him put up with all those downers before he finally got to stand by the SFRTH and make sure kids arenít jumping down two stairs at a time.
    Just got hired a week ago. Going straight to Raiders ride, but have ride experience at Seaworld SD.

This is an awesome thread.

The only question I can comment on with certainty is the one about Walt's moustache. That style was extremely popular with the dapper men of Walt's time before WWII. After WWII, Walt (and any other respectable man) did not have that look anymore.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789