Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• Boat shoes all day long

Question Obscure Disneyland Questions??

Anyone else tired of the same repetitive threads over and over? Which ride would you like to accompany Walt on? Is the HM actually haunted? When will it be crowded at Disneyland? What is the CRAZIEST thing you have ever done at the park?

Friends, here is something different. I am no expert when it comes to Disneyland and would never claim such a thing. That is why I would like to solicit the knowledge of all you Mice Chatters to answer some of my burning questions:

What is the most commonly purchased souvenir, is it really the Mickey ears hat?

Why is the Disneyland fire station #105?

What is the most commonly skipped attraction by people who visit the park on a more than one-time basis?

Why does Captain Hook always have that five-o’clock-shadow, even at 8:00 am!?

What are the CM’s in the “tower” on Space Mountain doing? Just monitoring surveillance cameras and departure intervals?

Do CM’s ever use their stage costumes for off-site Halloween/theme parties and such?

What was Walt’s favorite concession?

What are the qualifications of the guy that sets off the fireworks?

If Disneyland was taken over by hostiles, where would you prefer to fortify yourself?

When is the next time Disneyland will dig up a time capsule?

Thanks for all your help!
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• Future Cast Member

Re: Obscure Disneyland Questions??

What are the CM’s in the “tower” on Space Mountain doing? Just monitoring surveillance cameras and departure intervals?
    Yup, and they occasionally wave to guests.

Do CM’s ever use their stage costumes for off-site Halloween/theme parties and such?
    They'd get in trouble, it's against their contract. And character costumes, parade costumes, etc. can't leave the park.

If Disneyland was taken over by hostiles, where would you prefer to fortify yourself?
    I don't know, I think I'd hide in some crazy place, like I'd crawl onto Barbossa's ship in POTC.

• I'm not really here

he is a licensed pyrotechnician with a number of years of experience most likely.

http://osfm.fire.ca.gov/strucfireeng...torLicense.pdf

In a random bit of trivia, I believe the crew calls themselves the Flying Monkey Pyros... but this I can't confirm. Can anyone else?

This is also a cool video:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQuR_PBPE4g"]YouTube - Painting The Sky at Disneyland[/ame]
    Last edited by mycroft16; 08-03-2009 at 01:34 PM.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Olé! Olé! It's Showtime!

Quote Originally Posted by BoygunaSurf View Post
    What is the most commonly skipped attraction by people who visit the park on a more than one-time basis?
    I'd hazard a guess that this must be Innoventions.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

I'd say HISTA
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Future Cast Member

haha, well either way its something in tomorrowland. tomorrowland needs a makeover

• Sock Puppet

Why does Captain Hook always have that five-o’clock-shadow, even at 8:00 am!?

1. Probably clothing.

2. The one ride I could go on without ever riding ever again is the Nemo Submarine. It took 1 hour and ten minutes to ride and the ride was horrible. I loved the old submarine ride, but this one just doesn't have any charm IMO.

3. Because he's not a face character

4. No, they are trying to gather all the great minds of the universe through that control tower sending of a message of peace, hope and love to all intellectual life out there. They are part of a special intergalactic team whose sole purpose is to bring unity into this, and every other galaxy in this infinite universe (which I have heard HAS been seen by those guys in the tower- no lie).

5. My friend got fired for doing that... you might have met him, he was one of the 3 Jack's at one point. Idiot wore his costume to the premiere of Pirates 3 at Disneyland.

6. Mickey Pretzels

7. Not be afraid of loud sounds or fire

8. I would ride Murphy out of the park

9. Probably within the next ten years

• Disney Trivia Queen

If you took all of the Mickey Ears ever sold at the park there would be enough to outfit all of the kids under the age of 16 in the United States today. ;-)

I agree, probably Honey I shrunk the Audience... Or the Canoes/any watercraft on the Rivers of America.

Sometimes the Space Mountain cast members wave... sometimes they just stare at you...

No... they are not allowed to wear their costumes for anything other than work

I don't know what he ate at Disneyland, but Walt loved chili and grilled cheese sandwiches.

• Future Cast Member

and sometimes the sm cast members just ignore you. So sad

• The Z is the new E ticket

If you want to get the Space Mountain CM in the tower to wave or react you need to bring props!

^

The safest place would be HISTA. NO one would check there.I would go for Pirates of the Carribean, grab a sword, and fight off those bastards.

Oh how I love smiles!

• =)

The backstage catwalk above the "bamboo canyon" in the Indy queue. Access to Pirates, the Indy queue itself, the service area between the two, etc...or I might try the HM cupola.

EDIT: And here's another obscure question, one that I don't yet have the answer to: how many (false) chimneys are there in NOS? The number is insanely large, but I won't know until I've completed all of NOS in my model.
    Last edited by Datameister; 08-03-2009 at 06:30 PM.

• Boat shoes all day long

Z-Ticket: and just what kind of props do you have in mind? Nice photo-response to the time capsule, I intend on being there the day they dig that up!

Data (for short): very good question here, especially important when you are doing those 3-D rendering jobbies. I am sure you will have a count before I do, but when I get there in a few weeks I will do a count from the crows nest in TTH; nice little birds eye up there.

Thanks for all the great responses to the questions! I would like to use this thread to post random questions that aren’t necessarily worthy of a thread for themselves to be answered.

I’ve got a couple more:

Does Disneyland have an emergency plan in case of an earthquake? Like, are there enough hardhats, flashlights, blankets and granola bars for each of the guests at any given time?

Can you hire on as a ride attendant, or do you have to start out in the parking lots and food concessions until you have earned your keep?

Are Imagineers like artists, but with blowtorches and chisels instead of paint brushes and pallet knives?

Does Disneyland auction off old ride vehicles when they swap out, or do they just demolish them? I am thinking about the old stage coaches in Frontierland, Rocket Rods, etc.

Which administration offices accommodate the upper levels of City Hall?

Are the custom bricks still available, and if so, how much?

The monorail can basically speed up or slow down, no bunny hops or anything. So if it rolled through the stations to allow maximum time to reach top speed, what would it max out at? Around 70 MPH?

Thanks!
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

I would bet they sell more pressed pennies than Mickey hats.

Why is the Disneyland fire station #105?

It is a street number. The 100 block is the first block as you enter, odd addresses are on the left.

That depends on what the hostiles are armed with. 7.62x39 and 5.56x45 will both go through timber-framed construction like a hot knife through butter. They also both will penetrate single cinder block without too much effort. I'd prefer to be behind sandbags or hardened steel. I have no idea how functional or accessible the battlements in Sleeping Beauty Castle are, but those embrasures and merlons might be handy (if they could be fortified).

• Im Monsters Incorporated!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDeuce View Post

That depends on what the hostiles are armed with. 7.62x39 and 5.56x45 will both go through timber-framed construction like a hot knife through butter. They also both will penetrate single cinder block without too much effort. I'd prefer to be behind sandbags or hardened steel. I have no idea how functional or accessible the battlements in Sleeping Beauty Castle are, but those embrasures and merlons might be handy (if they could be fortified).
    hahah sounds like you thought about this walking around disneyland a couple times

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast