Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Cars Land Name Change?

i have been saying change the name for a long long time.. Radiator springs it should be carsland dumbs it down,if your gonna do this do it right go big or go home..now i know toddlers will call it carsland..or just call it by their favoite charecter form the film. but radiator springs is perfect. carsland is ..i dunno...not the greatest name is guess.. they could have done worse...

• Senior Minion

Considering that the name of the movie is Cars... and the hot selling toys are the Cars characters... and the reason for Disney spending money on the land is to cross-promote their Cars franchise... something tells me they're probably going to insist on a name that has "Cars" in it.

Just sayin'.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Addicted to MC since '08

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Considering that the name of the movie is Cars... and the hot selling toys are the Cars characters... and the reason for Disney spending money on the land is to cross-promote their Cars franchise... something tells me they're probably going to insist on a name that has "Cars" in it.

Just sayin'.

Ok, how about

"RADIATOR SPRINGS"

with Cars

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    Ok, how about

"RADIATOR SPRINGS"

with Cars

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Animatronic

I agree, lands shouldn't be based on just one movie.

If they simple named it "Talking Cars Land" they could include the Chevron talking cars from the Autopia Motor Speedway over in Disneyland.
    it's a sale of candy and a sale of plush, it's a sale of toys and disney stuff
    there's so much that we sell, that it's time we tell, it's a plush plush sale!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    At least with something as open as Tomorrowland, Adventureland, Frontierland etc. you can add in pretty much anything that has a relation to that theme... with a movie it's movie or nothing!
    In Adventureland you can have Indiana Jones (CA), Pirates of the Caribbean (FL) or any number of theme appropriate attractions share the same space.

But do you really think they would add a NON CARS themed anything to RADIATOR SPRINGS? So what difference does it make?

Whatever the name, it's not a realistic recreation of Route 66. It's always going to be tied in to that one movie and it's characters.

• Higitus Figitus

could they add parts of the road trip from A Goofy Movie? just an idea- but have parts from maybe the wilderness/big foot scene transitioning from the "golden state" to carsland?
    i just really dont want it to all be cars stuff lol
    “If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by SwordintheStone View Post
    could they add parts of the road trip from A Goofy Movie? just an idea- but have parts from maybe the wilderness/big foot scene transitioning from the "golden state" to carsland?
    i just really dont want it to all be cars stuff lol
    I would venture to say that Flicks Fun Fair is the template they will be using for Carsland... where the entire land is devoted to one movie franchise.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• =)

The location of Radiator Springs is a whole 'nother issue, but it's not difficult to find numerous sources online that explain exactly why it is most definitely not located in California. Arizona is by far the most likely candidate. As for the topic at hand, yes, if Disney's going to make Radiator Springs, they should call it Radiator Springs. I understand that they want to tie it in to the movie(s) as directly and obviously as possible. When you really think about it, the purpose of that is to bring more people in, right? The theory is that if you name the land after the movie, more people will know the two are related and thus head over to check it out. But here's the problem: only people who liked the movie will be swayed by the land's affiliation with it, and most of those people would probably recognize the name "Radiator Springs" anyway. The minority who really liked the movie but wouldn't recognize the name of its main setting would quickly find out by word of mouth and by the billboards that will surely line the state's highways when the time comes. "Cars Land" just sounds and looks...dumb. It sounds like the working title of an upcoming project, not the real name of the most wholly immersive land to be added to the DLR at least since Toontown.
    Last edited by Datameister; 08-03-2009 at 06:47 PM.

I say Route 66. It's a much more open theme if you know what I mean. You can easily add in stuff not included in the movie Cars.
    But I still can't believe disney would use the same format as Bug's land aka Flik's Fun Fair. I'm sorry, but that area is somewhat of a fail. It does entertain the little kids, the theming is great, but the rides? Don't get me started. Nevertheless, I'm still hopeful for "car's land" It sounds like fun. Hopefully, the rides will be fantastic.

Oh how I love smiles!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by caligirl09 View Post
    I say Route 66. It's a much more open theme if you know what I mean. You can easily add in stuff not included in the movie Cars.
    But I still can't believe disney would use the same format as Bug's land aka Flik's Fun Fair. I'm sorry, but that area is somewhat of a fail. It does entertain the little kids, the theming is great, but the rides? Don't get me started. Nevertheless, I'm still hopeful for "car's land" It sounds like fun. Hopefully, the rides will be fantastic.
    well fliks fun fair is window dressing for its tough to be a bug.. but yeah carsland or radiator springs would be or could be limited..but all we can do is wait and see.....it will bring em in for a few years..then after i will say 5 years we will start to see if carsland/radiator springs has what it takes to withstand the test of time with out a movie or two to back it up

• Disney Fan & Musician

YES!!! The name has been driving me KER-AZZY!!! Please change it to Radiator Springs.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    The location of Radiator Springs is a whole 'nother issue, but it's not difficult to find numerous sources online that explain exactly why it is most definitely not located in California. As for the topic at hand, yes, if Disney's going to make Radiator Springs, they should call it Radiator Springs. I understand that they want to tie it in to the movie(s) as directly and obviously as possible. When you really think about it, the purpose of that is to bring more people in, right? The theory is that if you name the land after the movie, more people will know the two are related and thus head over to check it out. But here's the problem: only people who liked the movie will be swayed by the land's affiliation with it, and most of those people would probably recognize the name "Radiator Springs" anyway. The minority who really liked the movie but wouldn't recognize the name of its main setting would quickly find out by word of mouth and by the billboards that will surely line the state's highways when the time comes. "Cars Land" just sounds and looks...dumb. It sounds like the working title of an upcoming project, not the real name of the most wholly immersive land to be added to the DLR at least
    since Toontown.
    Data if I give you my password will you post for me while Im on vacation? I trust you. I agree with everything you said.

"Radiator Springs" would be better than "Carsland", but it's still pretty much just as bad, because it's still making the entire land only about Cars. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's absolutely ridiculous to theme any land after any one movie and it's also very creatively restricting, because any ride or attraction in the land can only be based on the movie Cars. And if they are going to make a land based off of only one movie, Cars, out of both Pixar and Disney movies, is no where near worthy enough to get it's own land!
    And now the realization that Cars doesn't even take place in California is like the nail on the coffin! I mean... it started as "Disney's California Adventure", now it's really become "Pixar's California Adventure", and now with Carsland being something not even in California, they should probably just rename it "Pixar's Adventure".

It's ridiculous... I think they need to retheme the entire land, just keep the Cars ride which seems basically like a retheming of Test Track, and create other attractions showcasing all the varied history, culture, and landscape of the CALIFORNIA deserts.

Maybe we should create a petition and get enough people to sign it and send it to Disney to try to get them to retheme the land before they build it. Because honestly... just like after a few years people are sick of "A Bug's Land" and basically all agree it should go... it will be the same way with "Carsland".

Making any land after any one movie is a bad idea. It locks in the land into one specific thing... there are only so many things you could do with that. I mean, imagine if instead of "Fantasyland" Disney had made "Sleeping Beauty Land" or if instead of "Critter Country" they had made it "Winnie the Pooh Land". I mean, you can put a "Cars" ride in a desert themed land, but you can't put a "Palm Springs" or a "Death Valley" attraction in "Carsland".

It's just a bad idea in general, it's shameless promotion for the upcoming "Cars 2", and I guaranteed within 10-15 years after it's debut, Disney will end up retheming the land like they will hopefully soon be doing with "A Bug's Land", because hopefully they'll realize that they can't really put new things into Carsland, that the film doesn't even take place in California, and they'll realize that while 3 years after the debut of "Cars", it seems to still be sort of popular... 20 years out, "Cars" will definitely not have the same staying power, popularity, or special place in people's hearts as classics like Snow White, Dumbo, Pinocchio, Toy Story, or Peter Pan do.
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Too late!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast