Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Cars Land Name Change?

Gee, people sure like to complain no matter what the case.

Cars Land, Fun Wheel boardwalk, etc..

Well still, I have a feeling Bug's land/ farmers market area FOR SURE will recieve some help! I do admit that I am excited for all the renovations happening to DCA.

Oh how I love smiles!

• The Prince

Quote Originally Posted by JamesDusenberry View Post
    "Radiator Springs" would be better than "Carsland", but it's still pretty much just as bad, because it's still making the entire land only about Cars. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's absolutely ridiculous to theme any land after any one movie and it's also very creatively restricting, because any ride or attraction in the land can only be based on the movie Cars. And if they are going to make a land based off of only one movie, Cars, out of both Pixar and Disney movies, is no where near worthy enough to get it's own land!
    And now the realization that Cars doesn't even take place in California is like the nail on the coffin! I mean... it started as "Disney's California Adventure", now it's really become "Pixar's California Adventure", and now with Carsland being something not even in California, they should probably just rename it "Pixar's Adventure".

It's ridiculous... I think they need to retheme the entire land, just keep the Cars ride which seems basically like a retheming of Test Track, and create other attractions showcasing all the varied history, culture, and landscape of the CALIFORNIA deserts.

Maybe we should create a petition and get enough people to sign it and send it to Disney to try to get them to retheme the land before they build it. Because honestly... just like after a few years people are sick of "A Bug's Land" and basically all agree it should go... it will be the same way with "Carsland".

Making any land after any one movie is a bad idea. It locks in the land into one specific thing... there are only so many things you could do with that. I mean, imagine if instead of "Fantasyland" Disney had made "Sleeping Beauty Land" or if instead of "Critter Country" they had made it "Winnie the Pooh Land". I mean, you can put a "Cars" ride in a desert themed land, but you can't put a "Palm Springs" or a "Death Valley" attraction in "Carsland".

It's just a bad idea in general, it's shameless promotion for the upcoming "Cars 2", and I guaranteed within 10-15 years after it's debut, Disney will end up retheming the land like they will hopefully soon be doing with "A Bug's Land", because hopefully they'll realize that they can't really put new things into Carsland, that the film doesn't even take place in California, and they'll realize that while 3 years after the debut of "Cars", it seems to still be sort of popular... 20 years out, "Cars" will definitely not have the same staying power, popularity, or special place in people's hearts as classics like Snow White, Dumbo, Pinocchio, Toy Story, or Peter Pan do.
    I agree with you all the way...

We already have a Pixar Parade and I think that's enough. Why can themes be like Soarin'... a scenery of California and shares a history of flight on the queue.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    Gee, people sure like to complain no matter what the case. Cars Land, Fun Wheel boardwalk, etc..
    Some people do, sure. Then there are others who just like to have honest discussions about what Disney does right and wrong - and they'd much rather have something good to talk about than something bad. May I suggest either adopting that tactic or avoiding discussions that sort of discussion altogether? The results will be a lot more pleasant and productive than engaging in false blanket statements and unconvincing ad hominem arguments.

Besides...I can only speak for myself, but I've always been unafraid to point out that Cars Land promises to be an insanely beautiful, detailed, immersive Disney environment with an incredible flagship attraction. Similarly, I've repeatedly said that the new Victorian architecture in PP is a huge visual improvement over what it replaces. But if we're talking about the changes, why should I only bring up these factors, and neglect to mention Cars Land's issues with name and theme, or Paradise Pier's continuing lack of immersion in something other than a standard amusement park and the increasing confusion of its backstory? It's not about searching for things to whine about. It's about having a frank dialogue regarding what we think works and what we think doesn't work.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Yup!

Still looking for something, anything to disagree with

• =)

I'll try harder, CaliforniaAdventurer.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I'll be sure to let you know when you're wrong.

• Kawasaki Kreep

(Disclaimer: I didn't read the whole thread)

I see a major re-theme and re-naming in Cars Lands future.
    I predict it will become the "Route 66" area it was intended to be within 10 years (That was the original idea right? Please correct me if I'm wrong).

I am biased though, I positively HATE that movie. I almost walked out but decided to get my 9 bucks worth and suffered through that monstrosity (I usually think Pixar films are top notch by the way).

I just don't see how they can perpetuate a single movie theme past a certain point. I think that the New E-ticket ride will always be Car's themed but the rest of the land will gradually lose the cars theme, at least I hope so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Jenny1987 View Post
    Oh dear sweet zombie jesus on a stick no.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Five dollars says you're wrong.
    Log on in 2019 and well see

On second thought let's make it $9
    Last edited by CaliforniaAdventurer; 08-03-2009 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Feeling lucky

• Kawasaki Kreep

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Five dollars says you're wrong.
    Log on in 2019 and well see
    I'll take that bet...see you in 2019!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

ok but it's $9 now just so were clear

• Kawasaki Kreep

Your on. But by 2019 our currency will be so devalued you'll be paying me with chickens.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Shall we say $9 Canadian?

• Kawasaki Kreep

More like Euros!

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Shall we say $9 Canadian?
    Eight Dollers and 13 cents USD. You'd better not make to many more jokes as were less than eight cents from par again

In my opinion, the land should be named nothing that comes from any specific movie all together.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast