Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sucka

Keep the Gold Vehicles

I think they should keep the gold vehicles on all the 50th rides and when a ride turns 50 they should also get a gold vehicle. Maybe when space turns 50 they will go back to 98 TL color scheme Give me your thoughts

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Keep the Gold Vehicles

All of the 50th enhancements (gold vehicles, castle crowns, happiest faces on earth) should be temporary.

You don't leave the party streamers up after the party just because they look fun. Same with Disneyland. It would be tacky and it should be temporary.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• /sigh

No, let's not keep them. I never liked them to begin with.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I agree with MasterGracey, you don't leave up decorations after a party. Plus knowing how easily confused the general public can get at Disneyland, people would wonder why one Dumbo was gold or why one Jungle Cruise boat looks nothing like the others.

We get the golden touches for 18 months, that's plenty of time in my opinion, though admittedly I'll be a little sad when the whole 50th celebration is over.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

I'm divided, the concept of honoring rides when they reach 50 is an interesting proposal, but I have to agree, "When the party is over, turn off the lights." So I guess if it was a straight yes/no vote, mine would be no.

Also, if you brand a ride a classic (or 50 years) or something, then the ride becomes untouchable. Eventually the park would become stagnant because nothing could be changed and that defeats the original theory of the park.

Ok, no, no, no, no, there are you happy now.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I forgot to mention how each of the original attractions has the little plaque near the entrance to the attraction saying how it was an original attraction, my guess is that those will remain once the 50th birthday is over.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ
    I'm divided, the concept of honoring rides when they reach 50 is an interesting proposal, but I have to agree, "When the party is over, turn off the lights." So I guess if it was a straight yes/no vote, mine would be no.

Also, if you brand a ride a classic (or 50 years) or something, then the ride becomes untouchable. Eventually the park would become stagnant because nothing could be changed and that defeats the original theory of the park.

Ok, no, no, no, no, there are you happy now.
    I agree the party is over when it is over. Each of the the rides that are from opening day already have a small plaque on each of the ride entrances. Yes It is small. The only thing Im not looking forward to is when the castle changes back, it just seems so dull before because I ve gotten used to the new look.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by bjvb15
    Maybe when space turns 50 they will go back to 98 TL color scheme Give me your thoughts
    Please! No!!! For the love of humanity!!!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    I forgot to mention how each of the original attractions has the little plaque near the entrance to the attraction saying how it was an original attraction, my guess is that those will remain once the 50th birthday is over.
    Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    I agree the party is over when it is over. Each of the the rides that are from opening day already have a small plaque on each of the ride entrances. Yes It is small. The only thing Im not looking forward to is when the castle changes back, it just seems so dull before because I ve gotten used to the new look.

Steve get out of my head!

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

• Senior Minion

Sorry Eric, I just wanted to help!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• The Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    All of the 50th enhancements (gold vehicles, castle crowns, happiest faces on earth) should be temporary.

You don't leave the party streamers up after the party just because they look fun. Same with Disneyland. It would be tacky and it should be temporary.
    It would be like the people leave their X-mas lights up all year long.

Quote Originally Posted by DifrntDrmr
    Hey I live in Georgia and we do that. It makes for nice ambiance lighting.
    Tricia Jones:When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
    Brodie: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DifrntDrmr
    I was thinking the exact same thing! Plus, I think those plaques at the original rides should be left there, not just for the 18 month celebration. I disagree that once you put a plaque memorializing their 50 year reign, that they will become untouchable (look at the GNU jungle cruise!). And like TicTock said, I too will miss the ultra shiny castle. I just hope they keep the gold and glitters and only take down the banners and crowns and those other ornamental ropey thingies on the tourrets.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    I think if they want to honor 50 years of a specific attraction, the plaques are perfect. No need to keep the golden ride vehicles.. They will look out of place and get stale after the 50th celebration.

Quote Originally Posted by MissChristine
    I was thinking the exact same thing! Plus, I think those plaques at the original rides should be left there, not just for the 18 month celebration. I disagree that once you put a plaque memorializing their 50 year reign, that they will become untouchable (look at the GNU jungle cruise!). And like TicTock said, I too will miss the ultra shiny castle. I just hope they keep the gold and glitters and only take down the banners and crowns and those other ornamental ropey thingies on the tourrets.
    I hope the castle keeps its new paint as well. It looks amazing, and after seeing pictures of the castle before its new paint scheme and pictures of Hong Kong Disneyland that has the original paint scheme, it all just looks so drab. So dull and so boring... I think the bright colors and shimmering glitter in the paint comes off rather tastefully and looks nice without being distracting or gaudy.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

i think the castle looks great all made up, but it shouldn't be kept that way forever

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast