Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MC's #1 Mars Volta fan

Grizzly Peak Height

Does anyone feel that, as a park icon, Grizzly Peak should be at least as tall as the Matterhorn or even Space Mountain? I realize that it isn't as culturally significant as either of these peaks, but it seems as if as a park icon it should receive heightened status and a more noticeable place in the resort skyline.

Re: Grizzly Peak Height

Hmm, I've never really thought about it.

I don't think there would have been any point in making it much bigger than was necessary for the ride?

• Banned User

I believe sticking a wood cut out of a black and white 1930's Climber suited Mickey looking into the horizon would not only eliminate this problem, but also enhance the feel of California Adventure and add charm to an otherwise charmless and wasted piece of real estate. It worked for the Sun Wheel.

Tucson, Arizona, but I wish I was in Philly, PA

how tall is grizzly peak

I will be at DisneyWorld on April 29, 2011-May 4, 2011. If You Are Going The Same Time Message Me

• Banned User

I am glad the park icon is barely noticeable outside the park. The castle isn't very large is it?

• MC's #1 Mars Volta fan

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFreak1 View Post
    how tall is grizzly peak
    110 feet
    Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    I am glad the park icon is barely noticeable outside the park. The castle isn't very large is it?
    Yeah good point the Castle isn't even as tall as Splash i think.

• Future Cast Member

But you dont see grizzly peak when you enter the park, and theres no fireworks or flying dumbo or holiday decorations over Grizzly peak

• I'm not really here

Grizzly peak is as tall as the Matterhorn and Space Mountain. Well, nearly.

Grizzly: 110ft
    Space Mountain: 118ft (tallest point of spire I'm guessing)
    Matterhorn: 114ft 147ft
    Last edited by mycroft16; 08-05-2009 at 01:55 PM.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Disneyland History Lover

I've always liked Grizzly Peak. On my first visit to the DL Resort, it was one of the first things I saw. I think it looks great. But I will admit that when I see "giant crows" just hanging out on top it starts looking pretty small. Nevertheless, I think its one of the finer points of DCA. I only wish it mirrored the Matterhorn in that there was an attraction in it or at least a mine train or something that goes around and through it. That would be gold.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    I only wish it mirrored the Matterhorn in that there was an attraction in it or at least a mine train or something that goes around and through it. That would be gold.
    There is an attraction in it. Grizzly River Run passes through the peak several times. In fact, after the lift hill you can look up as you enter the cave at the peak directly above you.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Disneyland History Lover

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    There is an attraction in it. Grizzly River Run passes through the peak several times. In fact, after the lift hill you can look up as you enter the cave at the peak directly above you.
    You know, I never realized that. Of course, I've only been on the ride twice. I recall the rockwork that you pass through on the ride, but I didn't know they were part of Grizzly Peak. Very interesting. I'll need to pay some more attention to that next time I ride.

• Banned User

I did not realize it went through the mountain either. I always thought it was just a random cave. I will need to pay more attention too!

Quote Originally Posted by I.M. Loco View Post
    ...it seems as if as a park icon it should receive heightened status and a more noticeable place in the resort skyline.
    From what I've read ([ame="http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Mountains-Imagineering-Its-Peak/dp/1423101553/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249502889&sr=8-1"]The Disney Mountains[/ame]), It was never intended to be the Park Icon. They thought that something from Paradise Pier (Either CA Screamin' or the Sun Wheel I think) would be the Icon for the Park. They Probably didn't want it taller than Existing DL Icons as well as not to overshadow them.
    Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
    1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
    1990, 1992, 1993
    2006, 2007, 2009
    2010, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World
    2000, 2001

• I'm not really here

After the lift hill you enter the green cave, then you go down the 1st drop and into the blue cave.

• MC's #1 Mars Volta fan

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Grizzly peak is as tall as the Matterhorn and Space Mountain. Well, nearly.

Grizzly: 110ft
    Space Mountain: 118ft (tallest point of spire I'm guessing)
    Matterhorn: 114ft
    Actually the Matterhorn's 147 feet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast