Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Indiana Jones Ride

Hi everyone,
    I remember when the Indiana Jones ride opened in Anaheim, they handed out the cards that decoded the symbols on the walls. They no longer offer those, as I guess there was a sponsership change. Anyway, does anyone know a place online where I can find it? We're going again tomorrow, and thought it'd be a fun way to pass the lonnnnng wait.
    Thanks!

• Sock Puppet

Re: Indiana Jones Ride

WOW! I have been meaning to ask that for a while. If there is anyone who could decode them for me. My girlfriend's dad and bro still have their decoders, and she's told me that some are just ads from sponsors at the time.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Hope this helps:
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Thank you!! I will do my best over the next little while to decode the ride, and come back with results. Thanks again!

• Exec Asst to Captain E.O.

The actual name for the 'language' is Maraglyphics. It had nothing to do with the sponsor, it was just a little fun thing to help promote the attraction when it opened. Most of the longer phrases are some Mara-related nugget of wisdom; the two or three Maraglyphic symbols that you see in pairs throughout the queue are the initials of key WDI who helped in the attraction's creation.

Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye - Indiana Jones Wiki - Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, Last Crusade, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Young Indy, and more!

good ole wiki has everything on the net lol. theres 3 different decoder cards. my wife and i printed all 3 and had them laminated, yeah were dorks lol

• "Always On The Move..."

I have a ton of those decoder cards! LOL.. Actually, if you look closely you can see the letters of the alphabet and you can fairly easily read the messages without needing the cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• "I Break Things"

If someone hasn't already done so I will look up the full translations and post them when I get home (I had to use multiple websites to get everything, and some of the sites are no longer available.)
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by WJNM View Post
    The actual name for the 'language' is Maraglyphics.
    Not quite - it's called Marabic.

• Keep Moving Forward

Quote Originally Posted by positivespirit76 View Post
    We're going again tomorrow, and thought it'd be a fun way to pass the lonnnnng wait.
    Thanks!
    Thanks to Fastpass, most of your long wait will take place in front of the temple, where Maragyphics are quite absent. Since the merge point for Fastpass and standby is just before the temple's entrance, you'll end up speeding right past most of the writings. Of course, you're always welcome to slow down and decode everything as you go, but if you're looking for a fun activity for the line, this unfortunately won't fit the bill.
    Interested in visions fantastic of Disneyland?
    Check out my albums on Flickr by clicking here!

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    Thanks to Fastpass, most of your long wait will take place in front of the temple, where Maragyphics are quite absent. Since the merge point for Fastpass and standby is just before the temple's entrance, you'll end up speeding right past most of the writings. Of course, you're always welcome to slow down and decode everything as you go, but if you're looking for a fun activity for the line, this unfortunately won't fit the bill.
    Actually it'll be a fun activity once you get inside, and past the "do not pull!" room(where the ceiling comes down, spikes, skeletons, etc., are) the line usually slows down and there are many Maraglyphics there, too.

• Cars Land Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    That is true, in the "old days", you moved through the attraction slowly holding your cards in hand, and had time to try to decipher what was on the walls. I still have a few of the cards around at home.

• "I Break Things"

Time for a daily dose of IRONY

The reason you are outside and not allowed to stand inside the temple and merge at Bat Cave is... drumroll please... WDI

That's right per WDI they would like you to be able to walk through the queue at your own pace. They didn't want people being crammed in, standing there bored, translating the glyphs on your second hand downloaded and printed out decoder cards (note; actual comment from member of WDI)
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Future Imagineer! =D

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Time for a daily dose of IRONY

The reason you are outside and not allowed to stand inside the temple and merge at Bat Cave is... drumroll please... WDI

That's right per WDI they would like you to be able to walk through the queue at your own pace. They didn't want people being crammed in, standing there bored, translating the glyphs on your second hand downloaded and printed out decoder cards (note; actual comment from member of WDI)
    Oh that's too bad. A lot of people would rather be crammed in the temple then being crammed outside. At least it's cooler in the temple during summer (sometimes at least) and there are so many things inside the temple to stare and marvel at.
    Anyways, my older sisters have a lot of the decoders laying around somewhere! I want them to find some of them one day so I can use them
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast