Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Is December 11-13 a good time to go?

We are wondering if this is a good time to visit the resort, if crowds will be not too big? And also, will Fantasmic! be playing during these times?

• Future theatre actress <3

Where the crypt doors creak and the tombstones quake

Re: Is December 11-13 a good time to go?

It might no be as crowded because it before Christmas. On the 11 you might have some trouble because all passes are working on that date. On the 12, 2 of 4 passes will be working. On the 13, 3 of the 4 passes will be working. So there might be some crowds. I would recomend going on the 29-31 because all passes but one are blacked out. Also the Christmas decorations are still up. About fantasmic running on those dates I'm not sure but I'll look it up.
    So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

• DL Local

We had guests from out of town the 2nd week of December last year, it was a perfect time to go, so few waits for rides and not crazy hot outside (go on a weekday if you can, the 5 minute waits for most rides is hard to beat!). During that time of year Fantasmic only runs on the weekend nights, but you can check the schedule on the Disneyland main site (I think it goes that far in advance).
    www.OCMomActivities.blogspot.com Fun Adventures in Orange County, CA

*Submit your Disney blog posts here for upcoming Disney theme blog carnival! http://blogcarnival.com/bc/cprof_7906.html

www.brettandkyle.blogspot.com Disneyland through the eyes of kids

• Future Imagineer! =D

For the first two weeks of December it's usually not busy at all! =]
    Not sure about Fantasmic!
    I love going during December though. It's fabulous and gorgeous and different! You'll have a blast
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by LittleImagineer View Post
    For the first two weeks of December it's usually not busy at all! =]
    Not sure about Fantasmic!
    I love going during December though. It's fabulous and gorgeous and different! You'll have a blast
    Thanks! We were worrying about crowds but this helps a lot.

I would also recommend to avoid crowdes get to the park the minute it opens and ride attractions such as Nemo, Splash, Space, Indy, Matterhorn because those tend to have the longest lines. Are you including DCA in your trip too?
    So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PerformerInWaiting View Post
    I would also recommend to avoid crowdes get to the park the minute it opens and ride attractions such as Nemo, Splash, Space, Indy, Matterhorn because those tend to have the longest lines. Are you including DCA in your trip too?
    Yeah, we're planning on getting there early so we can get in right at the opening.

Yes, we are going to be visiting DCA as well.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    Yeah, we're planning on getting there early so we can get in right at the opening.

Yes, we are going to be visiting DCA as well.
    Ok in DCA i would also reccomend getting there the moment it opens so you might want to go on a different day because if you leave DL without riding the popular rides, you might not get to ride them that day unless you dont mind standing in an hour long wait. but when you go to DCA (i also reccomend taking your pics infront of the letters since they are taking them down) go straight to soaring bcause that ride has the longest line and the line tends to move slowly. After that i would reccomend riding TOT, Screamin, Grizzly River Run, and Midway Mania because those tend to have really long lines too. Also something you could do is get a fastpass for Screamin and get in line for midway mania so bye the time you get off Midway you can get on Screamin.

Also a tip for disney, the rides you really want to get Fastpasses for are Splash, Space, and Indy

AEROSMITH FTWW!

• Animation Domination

In December Fantasmic! should still be performed probably everyday or weekends. Also possible three times a day. I think Fantasmic! goes into refurbishment in early January. Also December 11-13 wil be super busy because of the holiday and also because of Premium and Deluxe AP's.

SoCal AP is blocked out Dec 12.
    SoCal Select is blocked out Dec 12 & 13.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Animation Domination

Also a tip for disney, the rides you really want to get Fastpasses for are Splash, Space, and Indy
    stevo505

I also recommend watching Pixar Play Parade, Aladdin: The Musical and the Electrical Parade.
    Fastpass for Soarin' Over California is a must.

At Disneyland Fastpass for Haunted Mansion Holiday is also a must. The line is usually 40+ minutes.
    At opening the best idea is to get on as many rides at Fantasyland first.
    "You are watching FOX"

^^^^^^^

HMH has fastpasses?

AEROSMITH FTWW!

• Animation Domination

^^^^^^^

HMH has fastpasses?
    Yes, Haunted Mansion Holiday does have fastpass. It did last year I still have leftovers from last year and a couple of years before that.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

It might no be as crowded because it before Christmas. On the 11 you might have some trouble because all passes are working on that date.
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    Also December 11-13 wil be super busy because of the holiday and also because of Premium and Deluxe AP's.
    D'OH!! that's my Birthday!

^^^^^^^

HMH has fastpasses?
    Yup, just for the Holiday season.

• Banned User

Darn, it is going to be crowded. But thank you for all the tips. We will still have fun even if it is crowded!!

• DL Local

If you have the iPhone, make sure you get the Walkee iGuide App for Disneyland, it will help you figure out real time waits for the rides, so you can plan your day out better. It's my favorite App!
    www.OCMomActivities.blogspot.com Fun Adventures in Orange County, CA

*Submit your Disney blog posts here for upcoming Disney theme blog carnival! http://blogcarnival.com/bc/cprof_7906.html

www.brettandkyle.blogspot.com Disneyland through the eyes of kids

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast