Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Grim Grinning

amanda.collishaw and jessicaluvsjonas's Disneyland adventure

Jessica and I went to Disneyland 7/30 - 8/3. We had an awesome time, met a bunch of cool people and took some pictures along the way. Be warned, I'm not a photographer so the pictures aren't the greatest.

The first part of this may be boring as it's pictures of us getting there. But there are funny stories that go with it kinda.

Anywhere where you see **something** its Jess.

Our trip started at 2am on the 30th. I got the car packed and ready to go, Jessica on the other hand, went to sleep for a while. (Please ignore the Jonas mania that invaded her walls.(**its gone now**)

Once I was ready to go, it was time to wake Jessica up. Don't know how she sleeps like that at all.

She wasn't fully awake but she was moving. Good enough for me Jess, now get your butt in the car, I'm ready to go.

Some of us were more awake than others.

Jessica's lovely photography skills being shown off at the gas station before we get on the road.

Several hours later, we stop at another gas station. Jess took a pretty picture of the sunrise.
    While there, we had a small panic attack. My drivers licence and debit card had fallen out of my pocket somewhere. We hadn't gotten out of the car since we left home. We spent 20 minutes wandering around the gas station looking for my missing stuff only to remember that I had taken it all out of my pocket and put them into the glove box. Panic attack behind us, we continued on.

Jessica decided that since the sun was up, it was time for makeup. She didn't seem at all pleased with me taking her picture before her face was put together. "the sun is up! people can see me now!" haha.

Dun dun dun.... the dreaded grapevine. My car doesn't like it very much but we survived somehow. Thankfully my car didn't blow up the way it nearly did on our last trip.

Once we reached the other side, we found ourselves in some lovely weather... NOT.

Jessica got slightly bored sitting in light traffic and took the time for a nifty self portrait.

She got very excited to see a truck load of pigs for some reason... then she cried when she figured out where the piggies were most likely off to.

Then a very happy sight came into view. This was the only time we would see the Fantasmic dragon the entire trip though. We knew we were getting closer which made my patience for traffic go from very little to nonexistant.

We reached our hotel soon enough. Got checked in, recieved our room keys and headed up to put our stuff down; we found something quite unexpected in our room... the people that had been there the night before. Apparently they hadn't checked out yet and the front desk thought they had. They were very frighted to see two random people busting into the room. Almost as frightened as we were to see them there. We decided to put our stuff back in the car and just set out for the park.

We went straight to the Matterhorn. Jessica was slightly annoyed that we drove nearly 7 hours to stand in lines. I explained it was just part of the magic.

We were both excited that we had made it and had 4 days to run amuck.

Narrowly escaping Harold made Jessica hungry. Since she hadn't been to Disneyland in three years, it was high time for her to get a churro.

Splash had practically no wait so we took a dive and showed off our bamf 'staches. (I'm not going to explain the bamf 'stache, ask Jessica, I don't even fully understand it. It just made for great pictures.)

Then it was off to Indy to stir up some trouble.

"Gosh Amanda, why did you pull on that bamboo post? Look what you did!"

"ME?!?!? Drive?? And be responsible for all these other guests?? Yeah, no pressure!"

We made it out of Indy alive so decided to race through space. A very scary place as you can tell.

Wandering over to Big Thunder, Jessica's patience for my constant picture taking was beginning to ware out.

THE GOAT TRICK!!

I think it worked on Jess... not sure though.

Went to Mansion to see if we could spot our favorite CM, but no luck.

Then we headed over to DCA. We decided on going over to Muppets but they weren't there.

We found the key...

... and got some free doughnuts.

The doughnuts were a scam so I took my anger out on their wall.

I then found myself staring at a sparkling cactus... made me think of other things/people that sparkle and wondered if they knew about these rare sparkling cacti. (**VAMPIRES DONT SPARKLE!!!!** - Jess )

We did a little more wandering around, I gave the camera a rest for a bit.

Jessica wanted to ride Tower; I'm terrified of that ride. Had absolutely no interest in going on.

While standing in line, my panic grew more and more. Somehow I survived after shedding a tear or two about her making me go on. Of course someone did something inappropriate in the picture and that ment we would have to ride again later since Jess wanted her picture.

Oh, check out the random guy in the background of that picture. No clue who that is but he looked very confused by my panic attack.

I think that pretty much does it for day one of our trip. Part two will be up soon.

• I'm not really here

Re: amanda.collishaw and jessicaluvsjonas's Disneyland adventure

Great update so far! Can't wait for more. Love all the candid shots you guys keep getting of each other. And the commentary is great!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Future Cast Member

Haha, great trip report! Its really funny, too, love the commentary!

• surrealistic.

Haha, I love this! The picture of you two on Space Mountain is amusing. And the commentary is especially entertaining. I can't wait to read the rest.

• I'll pencil this in later

aww, pretty sisters!
    Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.. can't wait for the rest of it!!

Great trip report so far. Love the Space Mtn. pic!

• Dreaming in Fantasyland

great trip report! can't wait to see more!!
    :.:
    `.Michelle

╰⊰⊹⊹⊱╮
    () ()
    (. .)
    ( , , )

.:Was MichelleCutie on VMK and now MeShellMyBelle:.
    The Random Lady in Waiting

• Disney Trivia God

Very cool! By the way, I know what a "bamf-stache" is...you should be ashamed.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Very enjoyable report! Keep them coming!

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by cidbliq View Post
    Very cool! By the way, I know what a "bamf-stache" is...you should be ashamed.
    We probably should be... but we aren't.

• Jungle Cruise Jig! <3

gosh. we are so cool. haha.
    Tew-Oh-Won

• Don't mess with the duck!

Very entertaining report!

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

Yayayayayay! So much fun, can't wait for more.

• Yeah.....

This is awesome! I'm 'ing

• Cars Land Rocks!

Great pictures ... love the expression photos mixed with the park stuff. Good report.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast