•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

What if it soared to the other side of the park

Before you read any farther, please know that I know the following discussion is about something that will never happen due to its cost.

I was just looking at California Adventure and I was wondering something. Considering Soarin' is slated to have its projectors switched to digital, do you think there would be any benifit in rebuilding the theater in the empty space behind carsland and relocating the ride?

To me, this would mean they could possibly add in another screen and have the big show building hidden behind RSR. Back in Condor Flats, the whole area could then seamlessly be annexed by the new National Park. the new rollercoaster would have tonnes of room and GRR could maybe even be extended.

IMO i think that Soarin' will seem very out of place if it remains amongst the forest in its current location. There is no way anyone can argue that they wouldnt be better off with another screen.

Minus the cost, your thoughts?

Re: What if it soared to the other side of the park

I had this idea as well, but unfortunately the cost cannot be ignored. It doesn't make enough financial sense to destroy an attraction and rebuild it in another area just for theme's sake. Especially an attraction as large and structural as Soarin'.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Cost can easily be ignored because we all know it wont happen. I want to know if people think it would fit the theme there better, or if the imagineers can better suit it to the land it currently occupies.

Don't rain on my wishful thinking!

• We Go On.

I love the idea! The only downside to the concept I can think of is the monorail. The monorail is right at home in front of a huge hangar-like structure, but when do you ever visit a National Park and see a super-futuristic highway in the sky?

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I think the monorail sticks out like a soar thumb. Why would a monorail run past a desert air strip? Dusty runways, old hangers, and a ultramodern monorail? At least with the national park you could use trees to obscure the monorail a bit.