• Planning my next trip...

Sad When does Haunted Mansion close to remove Holiday overlay?

Sorry if this question has been answered before, but can anyone tell me when the Haunted Mansion typically closes (and for how long) to remove the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay? We want to go early next year and hope to see the attraction after it's been reopened in it's original form. The last several years we've only been able to get to Disneyland during the Christmas season. I miss it!!

Re: When does Haunted Mansion close to remove Holiday overlay?

IDK the exact date. but it's sometime in january. i believe you can check the DL website. Or check the Dateline Disneyland segment im sure it will show up in there.

• Sock Puppet

Last time that I checked it wasn't posted as of yet, but it is typically after New Year's and might last a couple of weeks unless they are doing additional work to it.

And even if it was posted, there are no guarantee's that the schedule will be followed anyway.

All you can do is keep your fingers crossed...

And enjoy the Park anyway!

• Halloween 2011

Quote Originally Posted by SpcMtn77 View Post
    Sorry if this question has been answered before, but can anyone tell me when the Haunted Mansion typically closes (and for how long) to remove the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay? We want to go early next year and hope to see the attraction after it's been reopened in it's original form. The last several years we've only been able to get to Disneyland during the Christmas season. I miss it!!
    The Mansion typically closes the first week of January and reopens a month later in early February.

• MC's #1 Mars Volta fan

Well I always go on my birthday on the 20th of January and it's still closed then so I'd say around the 25th but I'm not positive.

• Planning my next trip...

Good to know..Thanks!

Sad Re: When does Haunted Mansion close to remove Holiday overlay?

I went this year the first week of February and It was still closed. I was very bummed.

• Future Imagineer! =D

I actually don't know. It just depends
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Future Imagineer! =D

Oooh, does anyone know what character is going to be on the dining room table in the ballroom scene on HM this yr? :]
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

It usually closes the Monday after New Year's Day (same with IASW). This year it closed from January 5th through February 14th, so I would guess this year it will be closed beginning January 4th.

• Future Cast Member

I don't think we can be sure this year, since they're set to add new additions(rumored to be the hatbox ghost).

Quote Originally Posted by LittleImagineer View Post
    Oooh, does anyone know what character is going to be on the dining room table in the ballroom scene on HM this yr? :]
    Well, I heard the gingerbread house will be a carousel with reindeer and Zero at the lead. I read that on the HalloweenTime website at disneyland.com/halloween. Sounds cool!

• Go DCA, Go! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Don Karnage View Post
    This year it closed from January 5th through February 14th, so I would guess this year it will be closed beginning January 4th.
    But last year, they were putting the pressure mats into the ride, so that was like an extra refurbishment on top of the removal, and if the rumors of the HBG coming back are true on top of other upgrades, we might see a mid-February opening again.
    "Miley Cyrus is an abomination to the Walt Disney Company and a talentless little brat."
    -jfsebastian

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Karnage View Post
    It usually closes the Monday after New Year's Day (same with IASW). This year it closed from January 5th through February 14th, so I would guess this year it will be closed beginning January 4th.
    Last day for Christmas is Jan 3rd, 2009
    So the ride will be closed on Mon Jan. 4 (since it has the holiday version and holidays are no more as of the 4th)
    In years past generally opened last week of Jan.
    This year I think it went little later.
    If rumors are true and they are adding things, I would guess Feb. (or later) when it opens again
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz