Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Minion

Knott's Scary Farm RIPS on Disneyland...

I was at Knott's Scary Farm last night and the annual show "The Hanging" took more swipes at Disney than Hong Kong on a holiday! The official title for the show was "The Hanging: The Happiest Hanging on Earth". The Calico Stage had elements on it to make fun of Disneyland. Stage left had spires and flags, and at the very center of the stage was a noose with the number 28 in the middle, obviously poking fun at the golden 50's.

Here's a list of the potshots...

• Reference to Disneyland pulling in guests to view fireworks. Two spinning fireworks came up from the top as well as flares and fire columns to poke fun and the Indy portion of Remember...
    • Made fun of the Haunted Mansion with a fake doom buggy, then proceeded to use a laser gun (poke at BLAB) to shoot popular Disney icons, including it's a small world.
    • One part asked why did all the rides end in a gift shop and who thought of that idea... Then a Micheal Eisner impersonator came out with Golden Ears...
    • Made a reference to the audience being dumb, "Well if Disney can make them believe a Birthday can last 18 months...."
    • BIG SHOT at Julie Andrews at the beginning... Won't even mention what they said! Nasty guy as Tinkerbelle flying in from one of the adjacent buildings. Stage began lighting up like it does in Remember.
    • Parodies of When You Wish Upon A Star
    • Parade of stars joke with TONS of Disney characters dancing about on stage and then being killed.

The Funniest joke was the one they had about Six Flags. The old man came out to his theme music and started dancing with a "Theme Park 4 Sale" sign. Monster came out and killed him...

REALLY funny stuff as far as Disney material goes. Everything else was pretty lame since they can't use the Cryptkeeper, Freddy, or Jason anymore...

If you can, try to go soon because the park is VERY empty. All Roller Coasters were walk on, and we did every maze, ride, and show in under 5 Hours...

Re: Knott's Scary Farm RIPS on Disneyland...

While I am the first one to sit back and take a good joke...some of that seems to be in bad taste. Are these people jealous they couldn't get hired by DLR or something? I was planning a trip to Knott's this month for the "Scary Farm", but I think I just changed my mind.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Gothemi
    While I am the first one to sit back and take a good joke...some of that seems to be in bad taste. Are these people jealous they couldn't get hired by DLR or something? I was planning a trip to Knott's this month for the "Scary Farm", but I think I just changed my mind.
    It's Knott's Scary Farm... THE WHOLE THING IS IN BAD TASTE!

•   
    • Minion

LOL, Knotts Berry Farm have been taking jabs at DL's popularity ever since I was a kid... I wouldn't pay it any no mind...
    Check out my other blog:

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Lol there is one thing to make subtle jokes in bashing of someone else. Like if they just had the old guy dancing and being eaten...funny. But they have to add the "Six Flags" to the sign...and kill any chance at being funny. It's almost as though they were not smart enough to come up with better jokes, so they think no one else will be smart enought ot see how lame they are.

It can be really funny to bash someone...but its like explaining a joke...the moment you start to do it it just becomes sucky and stupid, no matter how good it could have been.

•   
    • So fetch

My favorite quote from last year's hanging was "I went to Six Flags and I joined a gang!" I was ROFL about that for the next couple of days.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Lol there is one thing to make subtle jokes in bashing of someone else. Like if they just had the old guy dancing and being eaten...funny. But they have to add the "Six Flags" to the sign...and kill any chance at being funny. It's almost as though they were not smart enough to come up with better jokes, so they think no one else will be smart enought ot see how lame they are.
    Honestly, how many people know that the Six Flags company is for sale? Not very many, especially your average guest. The sign made the joke hilarious because Six Flags has already begun selling off it's assets. I thought it was hilarious.

• Reaver of Souls

Yeah, this is Haunt. The Haning is a pop-culture fragfest that hits on anything popular. I found myself laughing quite hard at the Disneyland stuff, because it was all true. You can't get mad about anything in The Hanging, because it's just so over the top. Personally, I thought this was the worst hanging in years, mainly because the whole thing was a bitter response to stupid New Line for the cease and desist on Freddy and Jason. It seemed like a bunch of whining to me.... Oh well.
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Minion

Crappy pic, but the crowd at Haunt is a little more "active" than Disneyland, so it's hard to set the tripod on anything to get a good shot.

You can see the spires everyhwere and the flags. The bright circle in the middle is where they 28 logo was. The stage had a lot of elements that were spinning and moving, like IASW. Very funny, especially for an easy going Disney fan.

• white and nerdy

Parody is the highest form of complement... sometimes at least.

What is that old six flags guy's song?
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

They've been doing this for years. They had a few good stabs (erm, pun) at APs, and Pin Trading last year.
    -Monorail Man

• Rainicorn.

Hahaha... I can't wait to go. I like hearing people make fun of DL. It's fun.

SoulQ -- how was the rest of the experience? You said it was "lame," but what about the scare factor and the monsters? This'll be my first year going and you know, I've sorta hyped it up for myself.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Minion

HA-HA!

Thanks for the run-down ....

I especially like the Mr. Six getting his with the "For Sale" sign .... hahahahaha!!!

I wonder though .... are they able to use any of the music? In past "Hanging" shows .. they did. Like the year Main St. Electrical Parade was "Glowing Away" .... the took a pot-shot of that in '96. Loved it. I"m picturing the fire flares for the "Indy" ride portion ... I can picture myself busting a gut with laughter.

If I don't make it this year ... at least I know what they did in "The Hanging". Thank you very much for sharing!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates
    Hahaha... I can't wait to go. I like hearing people make fun of DL. It's fun.

SoulQ -- how was the rest of the experience? You said it was "lame," but what about the scare factor and the monsters? This'll be my first year going and you know, I've sorta hyped it up for myself.
    First year eh? You'll love it! I seem to recall more monsters in previous years, especially in the scare zones, but maybe that's because the crowds were light.

Best Mazes
    Terror Vision in 3-D (glasses make grpahics on walls pop out... really cool)
    Carnival of Carnivorous Clowns From Outer Space in 3-D
    Lore of the Vampire
    Red Beard's Revenge

Worst Mazes
    Dark Realm at the Gauntlet
    Temple of Sacrifice

Best Attraction
    Red Moon Massacre (Little Red Riding hood meets werewolves on a log flume... Scared the CRAP outta me!)

Worst Attraction
    Cavern of Lost Souls (Calico Mine Ride but evil... too empty, it was better in previous years...)

• Reaver of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    First year eh? You'll love it! I seem to recall more monsters in previous years, especially in the scare zones, but maybe that's because the crowds were light.

Best Mazes
    Terror Vision in 3-D (glasses make grpahics on walls pop out... really cool)
    Carnival of Carnivorous Clowns From Outer Space in 3-D
    Lore of the Vampire
    Red Beard's Revenge

Worst Mazes
    Dark Realm at the Gauntlet
    Temple of Sacrifice

Best Attraction
    Red Moon Massacre (Little Red Riding hood meets werewolves on a log flume... Scared the CRAP outta me!)

Worst Attraction
    Cavern of Lost Souls (Calico Mine Ride but evil... too empty, it was better in previous years...)
    To be fair, Dark realm is a Scare Zone, not technically a maze. And Temple of Sacrifice is labeled a "Scare Experience", also not a maze. It's fun that they put a theme in a que, too bad it's a ride no one goes on...

And you didn't list Axe Murder Manor there. I think that's one of the best mazes in years. Sets and talent were phenominal...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast